Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin 15 road conditions,roadworks,closures,etc...

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,028 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

My wife made it to work this morning in Ballymun no bother thankfully, which is not bad considering what the roads are like where we are.

Mind you I did have to go up to the hill at the end of the road at 7am and spread a bucketful of salt on the road to make sure she could get past that bit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

We are iced in as expected and the dentist rang to cancel my daughter appointment,
    it will be a trip to the shop later and settling in for the weekend at this rate.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,693 ✭✭✭ciaran76

From Littlepace to Swords too me 1.5 hours.

40 ish mins in Littlepace drove up past Ongar into Hartstown(Petrol) to the Blanch centre into Blanch. village and onto the M50.

Longer then usual but safest way I thought also seemed to be a bit quicker then most who got stuck on the N3 at Littlepace.

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭LeperKing

Anyone know what the approaches to roselawn shopping centre are like?

Thanks,
    LK.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

Roselawn road is like a sheet of glass.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 805 ✭✭✭suey71

The Moldovan guy across the road from me has just put on his snow wheels.:cool:.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Most of the minor roads and estates are like glass in Dublin 15.

If you go really slow and dont spin the wheels you should be ok. Don't go fast and you won't slide too far. Keep you distance from the next car to allow for If you don't know how to drive on the snow/ice don't bother because it is very slippy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 805 ✭✭✭suey71

WHY AREN'T THEY GRITTING THE ROADS?

How much money has the economy lost this past week or so because the Gov. couldn't afford to buy grit?

On second thoughts, maybe they have the grit but cant afford the diesil for the trucks.

I'm really pee'd off right now. My wife works in Liffey Valley S.C. and had to stay with friends last night as she is 81/2 months pregnant and is too afraid to drive home.
    I'm home with 3 kids and looking at hours upon hours of Peppa Pig and Lazytown.

AAAAAAAAAGH my head hurts.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭peteypop

thank god the takeaways are still delivering:D

I've never seen so little gritting. Even with fair milder weather theres been vastly more gritting. I'd lay bets they didn't buy enough in to save money, and have less resources to spread it, probably through cost cutting aswell.

Can't really blame them if there no money. Thats the Govt fault.

• Advertisement

peteypop wrote: »
    thank god the takeaways are still delivering:D

Funny then the grit lorries can't get through. Not really a believeable excuse is it.

Zaph wrote: »
    ....It's currently -6C out there, so if you are venturing out wrap up well.

Its really cold out all right. Don't think I've ever seen it colder.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,294 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Freezing fog now, just to make things a little more interesting.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,028 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Plague of Locusts is up next I believe.

I think its less slippy than yesterday, the fresh snow has more grip and they've gritted more places more.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,654 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Any update on road conditions around blanch road north?

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭JoePie

I nearly shed tears sitting on the 39 between Cabra garda station and the turn for Blanch Village today. My God...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,651 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

I'm going to venture out WALKING (again!) to Ongar this morning.

I'm loving this snow. Never walked so much around D15 in my life!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,841 ✭✭✭jeffk

I was over in the (shopping) centre this morning.

Maybe it’s just me but I was shocked how the roads have not been touched said for tyre marks from previous cars. Of course seen as it’s snowing and people can’t see the no entry markings it’s ok to go up them, ok it’s not visible but surely people have been there before and know the systems.

Apart from that the roads are in a bad way, people still alien to what an indicator is. Also a car flying up a bus lane and under cuts me with no indication (god love them, they must be in a rush somewhere). In my estate (brookhaven) there are lumps of snow on the road, possible people are clearing it of their cars outside the house and it has built up.

Any ways a big weeks shopping was done I wont be rushing back out, be careful out there people.

Seen a lot of poor driving, especially speeding, and very few cops around. I guess they are busy elsewhere. Lots of tailgating crazy enough. It would be dangerous even if it was a dry surface.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭joolsveer

I didn't see any gritting today and I was on the road (the N3 and regional roads) from 8am. Has anyone seen the trucks out?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Have to go to work tomorrow again but if this snow keeps up I'm walking. Seen way too many sh*t drivers on my way in this morning.

Also anyone coming from Peregrines GAA club towards the Blakestown roundabout SLOW DOWN! That exit from the roundabout is slippy as hell, slid out last night on it while I was going at a snails pace.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,841 ✭✭✭jeffk

Seems in general the rule of drive the same place the same way etc applies even in these bad conditions.
    Wait till these people ruin their no claims doing something they would normally do without causing an accident, then maybe they will cop on.

Not really a D.15 warning but just in case anyone drives the back of the airport by The Boot Inn, there is a huge new pot hole about 2km before the roundabout for Kilshane cross. I missed it by mm's last night, and I reckon its easily about a wheel deep so if you hit at speed it could be dangerous!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,908 ✭✭✭LostinBlanch

Ciaran you should ring fingal county council roads division and let them know.
    http://www.fingalcoco.ie/Roads/ContactUs/ I think the correct number is 8905928/35

If no-one tells them how can they know to fix it? Emphasise how big the pothole is.

ok will do.;)

Advertisement