Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stealth Em Up

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭superfly

no, the difficulty is fine
    it can be played all stealthy and max points, but it can be played all guns blazing
    this isn't as much fun as you'd think as it is really geared towards the stealth approach which is more satisfying, and it does give you alternate routes to take out your target
    sometimes you might have to go noisy if you don't know what to do next but it doesn't penalise you too much
    try a demo version first if you don't want to commit fully, but they are fantastic games

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

All this talk of Hitman is making me interested but I've heard too many people complain of the difficulty. Is it really that difficult? I have no problem if you have to be patient and careful etc.

Yeah it requires patience if you want to do it "proper", following your target, checking out his patterns and what he does see if you can somehow use something to make it look like an accident, checking security's patrol patterns so nobody walks in on you at an inconvenient time. Hiding bodies, stealing uniforms etc.

Or you can run in all guns blazing, the ballers kickass in the early games :D

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

ScumLord wrote: »
    Stealth can play huge part in missions in Arma2, you'd have an almost unlimited source of new sniper missions from the community too. When it comes to guns there's nothing that game can't do, it's all things to all people.

The Ace mod really helps now. You can now actually set up near a bush on a hill with a silenced rifle like the Tac-50 SD and snipe away without being immediately detected. The range finder, wind indictator and sight adjuster really help with those headshots from a kilometer away too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

Nix and Superfly, thanks for the replies. I'll try check it out sometime or pick it up cheap!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,870 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Not enough love for Thief tbh. Some of the best overheard conversations too:-

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭vestanpance

Nevore wrote: »
    So, been playing the Hitman games recently. Have Blood Money, Silent Assassin and Agent 47, also have Riddick: Black Athena and the Thief games 1-3...

What other good stealth orientated games are out there? Even one's like Hitman where you can run and gun, but where the stealth element makes the game more rewarding are good, but I prefer true stealth games, like Thief.
    Kinetic^ wrote: »
    Have been playing through the hitman series recently. Start at the beginning and work your way up to Blood money......Codename 47 - Silent Assassin - Blood Money.

Don't forget Hitman:Contracts, although Steam don't seem to have it.

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

mewso wrote: »
    Not enough love for Thief tbh. Some of the best overheard conversations too:-

Life of the Party - one of the best levels ever made for a game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,270 ✭✭✭bugs

Tenchu - wrath of heaven on the ps2. Great stealth game, more so as the stealth aspect never felt like something they just tacked on.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Pablo_

*shakes fist* just bought tenchu and SC 2 with all the talk of stealth games, i'm tryin to save a few pound .... wisht up now will ye

• Registered Users Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

This thread is over a year old. You were searching for threads about stealth games, you cad! You wanted to buy them already! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Pablo_

:o .. post-purchase guilt

Advertisement