Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Superstar of the Week - Week 2 - Bryan Danielson *CONTAINS NXT SPOILERS*

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

so he's eliminated?! wtf have they done with him seriosusly? Very good closing promo i have to say - I just hope they know what they are doing with Bryan Danielson!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,974 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Well he hasn't appeared on the future endeavoured listings yet, so they might just let him be Bryan Danielson from now on.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

My guess is either Bret Hart will have Bryan Danielson wrestle Miz for the U.S. title on Raw(and he wins!) next Monday or he's been fired and is headed back to the indies.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,125 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

So he was the first eliminated from Nxt :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,974 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    So he was the first eliminated from Nxt :eek:

Technically he was the second person eliminated, but there was only a minute or so between them.

That Bret idea sounds good and it's a good way of taking the US belt off Miz and furthering his feud with the Harts.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Utterly ridiculous what they did with him. They better bring him back and give him a title. He's the only reason I watched NXT.

He has to beat the Miz imo he has been embarrassed and humiliated on a weekly basis by him and he deserves some payback and I think the idea of Bret or the guest host next week picking Bryan to wrestle Miz for the US title is a great idea so I hope it happens

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

• Registered Users Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭Ridley

dlofnep wrote: »
    Utterly ridiculous what they did with him.

It really isn't. That promo he did/does on this week's NXT was Foleyesque.

Although it doesn't feel like the original plan. I think They're getting rid of NXT ASAP.

JP Liz V1 wrote:
    So he was the first eliminated from Nxt eek.gif
    Second. Tarver and Bryan were eliminated by 'management' for not wanting to be there and Sheffield lost the pro poll. I think at this point Otunga's winning (and should since his gimmick can roll with being the "NXT guy" unlike say Forever Tough Enough Maven.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

NXT is useless, most of them will end up on either roster, thus making the show utterly pointless only made worth something by a title shot for the winner. That's all you're dedicating a show to? Really? I think very few of them will be let go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

Great promo! Pity no one watches NXT to see it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Icky Thump

Great promo! Pity no one watches NXT to see it.
    loads of us watch it but its not on sky til thurs night....................

i think the daniel bryann thing is part of a storyline where he will get one more shot as bryann daniell agaist the miz. he wins and the humiliated miz puts the title on the line for a rematch.

for the record he was only wrestling as Daniell Bryann for the NXT recordings.............................................:)

still has a contyract so dont take the TNA talks seriously

utonga will stay with wwe and so will barrett

• Registered Users Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭Ridley

Icky Thump wrote: »
    loads of us watch it but its not on sky til thurs night....................

Is it back on Thursday nights? I've been watching it by other means since it got moved to Saturdays.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Icky Thump

Ridley wrote: »
    Is it back on Thursday nights? I've been watching it by other means since it got moved to Saturdays.

no its still on thursdays. think it moved to 12:30 a few weeks back but its on every thursday. ive been tempted to try watch it other ways but i have enough things backed up on sky+ to keep me busy for 2 days:D every week

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,647 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

I've seen Danielson referred to as something that the WWE are surprisngly letting him be "The Keyboard Warriors Wet Dream". The lines of kayfabe have been completely blurred by The American Dragon since his introduction to the WWE and it is what i credit for the fact that the best angle in the WWE is actually on NXT

-Referring to his success and reputation on the independant scene

-Dropping the Daniel Bryan monikor in an interview and calling himself Bryan Danielson

-Referring to Vince McMahon feeding the commentators lines

- The WWE only liking to push guys they made themselves and have a fondness for big men

-Calling Micheal Cole "a poor mans JR"

then when Cole says he has "No heart" Danielson lets more than his words do the fighting as he attacks the commentator who the IWC hate

all the while a rivalry has been simmering between him and the man he also hits after his Cole attack THe Miz, and the Miz is nicely positioned as a mid card heat magnate to the non IWC that a rivalry with him could get him over with them.

-The same guy that again he kinda broke kayfabe against as a "rookie" who said he was better than his pro and other pros agreed.

Although this makes it far more likely that he will end up on Raw when the current run of NXT ends next week, that again imo is not the thing that should be feared. I know most would prefer him to go to SD where perhaps his size would be less of an issue but with his current booking and angle he could instantley get over wiith the biggest possible audience through a move to Raw right now.

Also (and again some might dispute this) I think his booking so far has been great in the WWE (assuming some form of whats happening was always the plan) and that gives me confidence for how they intend on using him. Even his losing streak when used as a slow burning start to this angle makes great sense as an opportunity for both tension to be created between Danielson and his Pro The Miz and Cole to have a legitimate reason to run down the internet darling Bryan Danielson and make himself more of a heel commentator figure.

Apart from a in ring match with The Miz at some point i dont know where this might go but im really liking it atm

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Daniel Bryan/Michael Cole angle.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

That was a great bit of TV.

Danielson really has no mic work problems. Cole was pretty good too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

That's why it's stupid having Miz and Cole say he doesn't have a personality/charisma/IT factor/whatever. The guy is refreshingly entertaining in a natural sense on the mic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Agreed Bounty Hunter. The story is the best in a few years IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Brilliant stuff again, love the borderline shoot angle they're playing. Michael Cole deserves mountains of credit for how good he's been in this so far as well. Fair play to him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭geeky

flahavaj wrote: »
    Brilliant stuff again, love the borderline shoot angle they're playing. Michael Cole deserves mountains of credit for how good he's been in this so far as well. Fair play to him.

Indeed. The heel persona suits him to a tee. He's driven me mental for ages now, so I'm gagging to tune in and watching him get his ass kicked.

So long to the ginger Ninja. He lasted longer than most of us predicted though!

• Registered Users Posts: 36,083 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

it all shows how talented Michael Cole actually is.

the drivel he comes out with on Raw is so infuriating to listen to, because he's potentially exellent.

i'm loving this angle; and Danielson is slowly being built into a proper star.

it's refereshing to see that WWE seem to have faith in him.

Bryan is looking hotter and hotter every week :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

Bryan is looking hotter and hotter every week :o

Danielson groupie FTW:pac:

So which show would you prefer to see him on SD or RAW?

More than likely will be RAW to feud with the Miz but I think he could be used and pushed better on SD

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,647 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

More than likely will be RAW to feud with the Miz but I think he could be used and pushed better on SD

ideally SD after the next draft or the mix up when they move network but until then it has to be Raw, with The Miz, Micheal Cole and william regal all there. Can really see Bret giving him a contract despite him not winning NXT. The Miz will probably demand a rematch with him at the PPV saying it was a fluke which Cole will probably play up.

Id agree that long term him on SD could work better for him especially if he is to get pushed up the PPV card as there are more small main eventers on the blue brand, Mysterio, Punk etc

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭geeky

Raw by far. They're gutting SD of talent until they can make the switch to the Sci-fi network so, if he lands there, it's a danger sign.

Source
    Former WWE superstar Shawn Michaels has commented on his former student Daniel Bryan’s return to the company at SummerSlam. Michaels wrote on Twitter:
    “So Bryan is back,” Michaels said. “All I can say is wise move by WWE. You just don’t leave that kind of talent out there. Happy for all parties. By the way, was this whole thing a scam? It got me. At the end of the day, who cares? Things are as they should be. That’s far more important.”

I'm delighted Bryan is back but was his release all a work :confused: his return was the one saving grace for the Summerslam PPV

• Registered Users Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Don't think it was a work as the story wasn't really sustained after the initial controversy. I think they always intended to bring him back when they could. It's good that it was pretty quick and he's been able to come back in at a pretty high level.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,240 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Maybe with Lance Cade's death the WWE decided that there were worse things which could harm Linda's election chances than Danielson's tie incident

Advertisement