Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Re-registration

Options
  • 30-12-2009 8:39pm

Three questions:
    1) What?
    2) Is there anything (forms or such) that should be brought with me (other than student card)? E-mail I got was long enough but managed to have no information in it other than the dates
    3) The dates of 4 days were given, with no specifics or anything. Are the people who are re-registering expected to just go whenever it suits them and hope the queue is less than a mile or is there some kind of schedule? Seems really disorganised to me, or maybe I'm just overestimating the number of people who are going to need to re-register...

Any help appreciated, and sorry if all this info was in the e-mail/on the web and I just managed to miss it :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭Mark200

1) You need to re-register so that the college knows you're still attending your course, so they can get the rest of your fees from the government

2) No, just go with your student card and you should be ok

3) Just go whenever

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,488 ✭✭✭Denerick

I never got an email about this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭SligoBrewer

Denerick wrote: »
    I never got an email about this.

Either did I.

It was sent on the 21st
    Dear Student,

Fee Remission Scheme: Re-Registration (Second Registration) for Second Half of Tuition Fees

You may recall that you were advised by the Treasurer’s Office in August 2009 that it would be necessary to hold a second registration in January 2010. This second registration is required to verify that you have returned to College with the intention of sitting examinations at the end of the current academic year. This enables the College to claim, on your behalf, the second installment of your tuition fees from the Higher Education Authority (HEA) / Health Services Executive (HSE) under the undergraduate Fee Remission Scheme for full-time undergraduate students.

Second Registration will take place in the Public Theatre from

Tuesday, January 19th to Friday, January 22nd, 2010 inclusive

09:15 to 12:45 and 14:00 to 16:45 daily

If you do not complete re-registration during the above dates, it will not be possible for the College to claim the relevant tuition fees on your behalf from the HEA/HSE and consequently you will become liable for the payment of the second installment of your tuition fees.

If you do not intend completing this academic year, to avoid liability for the second installment of your tuition fee, you must notify your College Tutor before January 31st, 2010, in writing, copying the Senior Lecturer and the Student Records Office, of your decision to withdraw from College.

Failure to re-register may also inhibit the issue of grant payments to intended recipients.

This notice is being sent to all currently registered full-time students who according to our records are eligible for the Fee Remission Scheme. If it subsequently transpires that for any reason this is not the case the College reserves the right to cancel the application of this notice in any individual case.

Yours faithfully

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,488 ✭✭✭Denerick

I've been talking to a few people and none of them remember seeing this email. Will it be sent out in the post as well?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭gnl

I got that email too. Yup.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭The Walsho

Denerick wrote: »
    I've been talking to a few people and none of them remember seeing this email. Will it be sent out in the post as well?

Take the hint mate.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,383 ✭✭✭Aoibheann

I don't recall getting an email, but it's more likely that I got it, glossed over it quickly and deleted it. I'm sure we'll get some form of reminder anyway..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭evercloserunion

Aoibheann wrote: »
    I don't recall getting an email, but it's more likely that I got it, glossed over it quickly and deleted it. I'm sure we'll get some form of reminder anyway..
    Maybe but don't count on it. Last year I was the same, either never got an email or much more likely got it but paid no attention. So I was completely in the dark until the registration period had passed, at which point I was "reminded" by a very scary email telling me that as I had not re-registered I now had to cough up the remaining few grand myself to pay for my tuition. Luckily I legged it to student records ASAP and was allowed to register late (albeit with some disapproving looks from the woman at the counter) so all was okay. But I don't think they went to any major lengths to remind us.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

The email was sent on 21/12/09, with a subject of "Fee Remission Scheme: Re-Registration (Second Registration) for Second Half of Tuition Fees"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,383 ✭✭✭Aoibheann

I've actually done a search for it in my emails, it's not even in the bin there.. Then again, I *am* liable for full fees this year, so mayhaps I'm not meant to get it. Though I know I do need to re-register. Odd. :S

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭donegalgirl28

Maybe but don't count on it. Last year I was the same, either never got an email or much more likely got it but paid no attention. So I was completely in the dark until the registration period had passed, at which point I was "reminded" by a very scary email telling me that as I had not re-registered I now had to cough up the remaining few grand myself to pay for my tuition. Luckily I legged it to student records ASAP and was allowed to register late (albeit with some disapproving looks from the woman at the counter) so all was okay. But I don't think they went to any major lengths to remind us.

Same as. The filthy on her when she asked me why I didn't register when on the dates. I hadn't even fucking got my first installment of my grant yet. Bitch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 308 ✭✭nicola09

Can I be a pain and ask where the public theatre is? I have no recollection of it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭mathew

Opposite the chapel in front square..
    http://www.tcd.ie/Maps/assets/pdf/tcd-main-campus.pdf

• Closed Accounts Posts: 308 ✭✭nicola09

thank you! i didnt know what that place was called!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Jammyc

wait, i just realised. What are we supposed to do with the recipt thing you get when you sign? Do you bring it across to the people with computers or what? I just walked oot!

Jammyc wrote: »
    wait, i just realised. What are we supposed to do with the recipt thing you get when you sign? Do you bring it across to the people with computers or what? I just walked oot!

Nah you just take it and leave

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

I only got the fuppin email this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭Dante

I only found out about this on thursday and I was too hungover to do it then or on friday, should I just email them with an excuse or what?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭Sir Ophiuchus

Damnit, I don't recall getting the email either...

Here's to re-registering on Monday so.

• Advertisement

I forgot. AGAIN.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭bythewoods

AFAIK, you can reregister late, before the 29th (I *think* it's that date, but it's possibly sooner) but you get a fine for doing so.

I remembered to do it on Friday, at the last possible moment basically. Even though I was in college from basically 9-5 or later all week...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭Dante

bythewoods wrote: »
    AFAIK, you can reregister late, before the 29th (I *think* it's that date, but it's possibly sooner) but you get a fine for doing so.

A fine?? Christ, I can barely afford food these days let alone these outrageous fines! Oh and did I run into you in Tripod on Wednesday or am I just completely delusional??? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭fh041205

A fine?? Christ, I can barely afford food these days let alone these outrageous fines!

If you can afford to drink enough to miss the last day of registration then you'll survive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭phlegms

Never got the email about this.

FFFFUUUU.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭TheRiddler

So what do we now? Anybody know?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭Sir Ophiuchus

I plan to call into the Student Records office tomorrow and grovel.

Exam hall open for re-registration until 12.45 today.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭tabouli

So do you only have to re-register if you're eligible for free fees? Didn't receive any email about this whatsoever but I've already paid my fees for the year...

• Advertisement

tabouli wrote: »
    So do you only have to re-register if you're eligible for free fees? Didn't receive any email about this whatsoever but I've already paid my fees for the year...

Yeah I'm pretty sure it's just for the people who get their fees paid for by the Government

Advertisement