Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Little things what annoy me about the PDC!

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭whaaames

Lemegeton wrote: »
    the pdc as a whole has been fantastic for darts and has elevated the sport back to the top. but it is the coverage of pdc events on sky sports where the mistakes are being made.

Thats a fair comment, suppose it's as much sky sports doing as the PDC for the premier league. The PDC is undoubtadly the top drawer of world darts but i just cant understand why they feel the need to over do it for the premier league..??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

whaaames wrote: »
    Ah i know what your saying, and youre talkin sense, and im not trying to get at anyone but why just because its on every thursday with the same players in a league format does it have to be so cabaret,..the 2005/06 premier leagues were very enjoyable and had none of the gimmicks.
    Im a massive fan of the PDC and think they atmosphere generated at events is unmatched by anyone else, but they already had the best atmospheres and crowds before all this.
    I know its only light entertainment and im not taking it to heart or anything, but when ya see someone like Jenks standin there with horns and smoke bellowing from his nose it's a bit cringey...
    But sure i'll still never miss it

Of course some elements are cringe worthy, but unfortunately thats what gets the masses involved/interested.
    Its not just like gimmicks have been introduced though, Part with his light saber last season for example. I posted an article few months ago in which Ted Hankey critised the PDC(players) for not having any gimmicks and he thought him dressed in a cape was much better than anyone in PDC......guess he'll have to get the rest of the Sesame Street cast walking on with him now to beat Simon Whitlock :D

Basically, not everyone will always be happy....but thats life, be boring if we all agreed!

Anyone on here a snooker fanatic or know any? Whats their opinions on Hearn getting involved and introducing walk on music? Im sure some happy are unhappy or think its cheesey....but I'd bet my life Hearn turns snooker around in the next 5 years and pumps some life back into it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭Teddy Chips

Devastator wrote: »
    Anyone on here a snooker fanatic or know any? Whats their opinions on Hearn getting involved and introducing walk on music? Im sure some happy are unhappy or think its cheesey....but I'd bet my life Hearn turns snooker around in the next 5 years and pumps some life back into it
    He'd want to. The sport is dying on its feet.

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭whaaames

If hearn can do a quarter for snooker what he's done for darts, people should be greatful...
    The sport is dying at this stage and all they've to do is put it to rest. I like watching the odd game of snooker on the tele and if it had the atmosphere that's at PDC events it would generate a lot more interest (IMO) but then again snooker is a different game altohether and i dunno if the players alone would welcome beered up fans screaming and shouting, but i think something has to be done or it's finished...

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Lemegeton

i think hearne is going to struggle with snooker tbh. nothing against baz but snooker and darts are polar opposites. Darts fits so well with the "lager lout" type crowd as the game moves at a quick pace and the legs fly by. i cannot imagine that type of crowd staying interested when some frames of snooker can drag on so long and one player is looking for snookers and things like that. Snooker players need silence more than dart players. Baz can probably help with getting more sponsorship and prize money into the sport but i think it will be a struggle to increase viewing numbers

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

Lemegeton wrote: »
    i think hearne is going to struggle with snooker tbh. nothing against baz but snooker and darts are polar opposites. Darts fits so well with the "lager lout" type crowd as the game moves at a quick pace and the legs fly by. i cannot imagine that type of crowd staying interested when some frames of snooker can drag on so long and one player is looking for snookers and things like that. Snooker players need silence more than dart players. Baz can probably help with getting more sponsorship and prize money into the sport but i think it will be a struggle to increase viewing numbers

I don't doubt him tbh. Having read a few of his 'ideas' I think he'll make it more appealing.

Nothing really to do with getting people boozed up and chanting or anything, just to make it more exciting. 1 of his idea's is to have a huge tournament with 1 frame knockout, so players have to play agreesively to try and get through.

If that idea takes, then more and more players could start playing to win rather than as you've said bore you with snookers,etc

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

taylor worshipping mainly especally when sid compares him to pele

Advertisement