Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Ford Puma advice

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭Ghost Rider

Yep, it's a common complaint with Pumas. Don't think it'll affect your chances of passing the NCT, though.
    Also I noticed tonight that there is a small build up on condensation in the head and rear lamps. Is this a common complaint? Will this have an influence over whether or not it passes an NCT?

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,111 ✭✭✭peanuthead

OP here!! finally got my account back! yeay!!

So officially one month till I can drive it!!!

About the engine oil. I bought 5w30 semi synth, does it matter what brand I get?

Does anyone know if

a. the 1.7 engine is a non-interference engine

b. as timing belts go - is it relatively straight forward to change?

Can't answer either of those questions, I'm afraid, but you're bound to find the answers on one of the two major UK Puma owner websites:

www.pumapeople.com

www.projectpuma.com

• Registered Users Posts: 6,641 ✭✭✭zilog_jones

peanuthead wrote: »
    About the engine oil. I bought 5w30 semi synth, does it matter what brand I get?

It should meet Ford specification WSS-M2C913-A or WSS-M2C912-A1 - it should mention one of these on the label if it does. There's Castrol Magnatec 5W-30 A1 that is specifically for Fords, for example. There are other 5W-30 oils specific for GM and Mercedes engines, and diesels. I don't know what the real difference is TBH.

• Advertisement

JHMEG wrote: »
    You're supposed to unlock it by hand in thru the open window, open the door, and see what happens.

Hey!

Was down again tonight. There is no function to allow me to unlock the car by hand.

Reach in through the opened window and open the door from the inside. Opening the door from the inside over-rides the locking mechanism.

It does on my car anyway. Maybe yours is different...
    peanuthead wrote: »
    Hey!

Was down again tonight. There is no function to allow me to unlock the car by hand.

Reach in through the opened window and open the door from the inside. Opening the door from the inside over-rides the locking mechanism.

It does on my car anyway. Maybe yours is different...

Yeah thats what I originally did and it didn't work. Strange. I'm going to bring it to an alarm shop anyway once it's on the road.

Advertisement