Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weimaraner pup

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 600 ✭✭✭greenpeter

welsummer wrote: »
    i hunt with the weimaraner but i also have a cocker that i hunt with. different dogs with different traits

how can you hunt with both dogs on the same ground with such different traits

they will give each other bad habits,
    the cocker will be watching the weimaraner as he is a far ranging dog and should be finding the birds first , the cocker then gets cute and when he see the weimaraner on point at a distance, he runs on the point.
    The weimaraner then gets cute and when he see the cocker coming , he comes off point and flushes the bird before the cocker can.[/QUOTE]

Your mad!
    He said nothing about hunting the cocker with the HPR. I think your only trying to wind things up.
    Lovely pup by the way, best of luck with him seoirse1980;)

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭doyle61

welsummer wrote: »
    i hunt with the weimaraner but i also have a cocker that i hunt with. different dogs with different traits

how can you hunt with both dogs on the same ground with such different traits

they will give each other bad habits,
    the cocker will be watching the weimaraner as he is a far ranging dog and should be finding the birds first , the cocker then gets cute and when he see the weimaraner on point at a distance, he runs on the point.
    The weimaraner then gets cute and when he see the cocker coming , he comes off point and flushes the bird before the cocker can.[/QUOTE]

i never said that i hunted the dogs at the same time. as i said different dogs different traits so i choose which one suits me for that given day......who knows sometimes i bring the two of them along and alternate them:eek::eek::eek:
    from the above quote are you suggesting that a HPR cannot hunt the same type of ground as a spanial and vice versa?????? now thats a strange one to me..........in our club theres any number of different breeds form red setters, pointers, GSP,springers, labs, cocker (olny me) and god forbid weimaraner (again only me:eek:). tell you what though; for the two less established breeds in my club they'ld give the rest a dam good run for their money;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,108 ✭✭✭pedroeibar1

My mates springer shat in my dog trailer .......... I will have to look in to having a potty installed, of course she will have to be potty trained aswell.

If she is your mate, she might be a bit old now to start her potty training? And I always thought these Cork wans were well developed!:D:D:D
    Rs,
    P.

Advertisement