Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tony Fenton

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

T-Bone shed 11,000 listeners in the latest JNLR's. Ouch.

Source

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭_feedback_

Jason Todd wrote: »
    T-Bone shed 11,000 listeners in the latest JNLR's. Ouch.

Source

On the bright side, Tones is to be awarded the freedom of Connemara!

Link

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭clappyhappy

Really think that since today fm are doing a shake up in presenters they should really consider moving tony. I think a weekend slot would work better for him, play the music he really likes. Give his slot to someone with a bit of life, bring back Ann Marie Kelly or alison Curtis, they always played great music, loved am Kelly's breakfast show.
    Tony is just too boring and repetitive and is losing listeners. Give us a change before we change station.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 337 ✭✭TheTwiz

Tony said a few mins ago "It's gonna cost 80 blips" I love when he comes out with the slang.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,087 ✭✭✭Clanket

Makes him super cool alright :pac:

• Advertisement

Really think that since today fm are doing a shake up in presenters they should really consider moving tony. I think a weekend slot would work better for him, play the music he really likes. Give his slot to someone with a bit of life, bring back Ann Marie Kelly or alison Curtis, they always played great music, loved am Kelly's breakfast show.
    Tony is just too boring and repetitive and is losing listeners. Give us a change before we change station.

Really agree with you there.

Cut out all the bull of advertisements, competitions etc. and give him a music programme, with a bit of freedom. I do enjoy Jim O Neill on a Sunday, but if Tones had a well produced two hour slot at a similar time to Jim O Neill he would be well placed.

It could be focused on Irish acts, or anything really. He's quite a good interviewer, and very knowledgeable.

He could really make a good shot at a proper music programme. He's stuck in the 80s and in the mode of shout outs, phone in rubbish competitions and general cheesiness.

I was just caller 6 there during the competition!! Gutted! A girl answered the phone and said 'Today FM', before I could say anything like was I caller 9 or whatever, she said 'you're caller 6', I was all 'ok so, thanks a mill...' then when I hung up I was like **** that ****, ****! God-damn! ****!

Ah well. Ha ha ha!

I don't call in for radio competitions but loads of boardsies on the radio forum seem to. We should put together a list of things one has to say if they manage to get on air. It'd help us indentify who's a boardsie too!

Imagine dropping in a bit of cockney slang with Tones - he'd love it!

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭WaltKowalski

"Chicken oriental"...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,087 ✭✭✭Clanket

Forgot to change to Newstalk and have Tony on. He's such a twat. His fake laugh is excruciating. Interview with your man from Kool and the gang was atrocious.

Please Today FM. Get rid of him

• Advertisement

Anyone know why Tony is missing so many shows lately? Louise Duffy filling in today and that's after Phil 'the Power' Cawley filling in a good bit recently too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭mountain

mountain wrote: »

That's what I thought, as much as I don't like his presenting style you wouldn't wish that on anyone. He's had to deal with a lot this last few years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭Chris 80

I met him twice. And whether you like his dj style or not, he was always very nice and genuine. Hope he gets thru this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Terrible news. I grew to hate his cheesy style of DJ'ing but always thought he was a decent guy. Hopefully he fights it off again. All the best Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 33,168 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Good luck Tony, hope you beat it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭islanderre

Hope you make a full recovery Tony..... really appreciated your candidness in speaking out about your previous cancer scare......

I admired him for how he dealt with it last time and for the story he told on the Matt Cooper interview.. He basically spoke to or emailed back the hundreds of cancer sufferers who got in touch with them and even became friendly with some and helped them through their treatment. That was a great interview and portrayed him very well.

Seems to be a very nice and genuine guy behind the cheese.

That article shows that it is tough for these guys to be in good form and bubbly on air, like they haven't a care in the world. Imagine how he felt after being told it was back and still went on.

Indeed yes. I wouldn't have been a fan of Tony's, even back in his Hotline days-but he always presents on air with a smile on his face, and a cheery disposition-and health aside, he has been through the wringer in the last few years.

You have to admire professionalism like that. Get well soon, Tony!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Get well soon T Bone!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭squonk

Hope you get well soon Tony. Very, very sad news. I happen to really like Tony's DJing style so I want to be hearing it for many years to come. What a legend!

Tony back on-air today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭Chris 80

Jason Todd wrote: »
    Tony back on-air today.

I heard that. Didn't hear him. But fair play.

Tony's guest today... (Disney's) Bridgit Mendler. Jaysus, talk about worlds colliding. :eek::pac:

He has been off air for the last few weeks again.. hope he's doing ok. Maybe he's in treatment.

Get well soon Tony!

Just thought of Tony there, in the light of a discussion about one of his competitors.

I hope he's doing well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,436 ✭✭✭Chip Whitley

Tony off a good bit these days again. You'd obviously hope it isn't health-related.

Must say though, I'm enjoying Paul McLoone in the afternoon slot this week. I think his taste in music wouldn't be popular enough to port over directly from his own show, but he's a lot funnier than I had given him credit for, and I particularly liked the bit of banter he had with Alison Curtis when she produced the show on Tuesday.

Something different to Phil Cawley filling in for Tony anyway. Nothing against Phil btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Royaler78

Creepy Cawley. I don't mind him but he really struggles to keep the smut and innuendo under wraps!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭WexTK

Royaler78 wrote: »
    Creepy Cawley. I don't mind him but he really struggles to keep the smut and innuendo under wraps!
    Like Tim Kelly, I'd listen to Cawley with the best of intentions and then he'll say something unnecessary in the midst of it all...:(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement