Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Luas Green Line Extension to Cherrywood

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,032 ✭✭✭DWCommuter

Interestingly, Seamus Brennan never recovered (politically) after he proposed the end of CIE. I'll never ever forget his demeanor in Dail Eireann when the cabinet was reshuffled and he was out of transport. Having met the man in his capacity as transport minister, he was adamant that real change was needed in relation to CIE and he had a genuine interest and excitement with the brief.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,946 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/breaking/2010/1016/breaking3.html

I know people said there wasn't much development along the new extension, but the photo in the Times is shocking. :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 777 ✭✭✭dRNk SAnTA

At least for once in this country we can say that we've built the infrastructure before the development.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,104 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

dRNk SAnTA wrote: »
    At least for once in this country we can say that we've built the infrastructure before the development.

decades before the development probably...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭KC61

The complete lack of any P & R facilities south of Sandyford on this route really is nonsensical. It really does diminish the potential benefits of this route over the bus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,905 ✭✭✭Aard

• When construction starts again, nowhere except the area between the M50 and the N11 should be considered.
    • "Racecourse" and "Brennanstown" do not need to exist, even other than the obvious reasons. "Cherrywood" and "Bride's Glen" could have been merged into one stop closer to the R118.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Wild Bill

I got my free travel on it yesterday!

Totally packed all day in each direction and again today they were running in convoy along the Ballyogan Road with people jammed in like on those Japanese trains where they need pushers to get the punters on board.

Amazing what folk will do when something is free.:D

Will be interesting to see how it works out from tomorrow when the ticket machines kick-in. :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

Its 22 mins from Sandyford (20 from Stillorgan stop) to St Stephens green. What is the time it takes from Sandyford to Brides Glen now.

40 minutes they say. If they didn't virtually stop at the two ghost stops they could shave a couple off that :mad:.

Anyway, the crack was mighty at Brides Glen (the terminal stop in Cherrywood).

IMG_3308-1.jpg

IMG_3315-1.jpg

IMG_3314-1.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

Wild Bill wrote: »
    IMG_3314-1.jpg

LMAO, the one in the red has her tumb and index finger in the L position. Yes, you are a loser.

• Advertisement

Then I guess this is even worse :(.

I turned around at Dundrum and decided to take a pic of this young lady while waiting......

IMG_3323-1.jpg

Note: They appear to be renovating the old station house at Dundrum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

Oh I dunno, I think I'm in love again! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,032 ✭✭✭DWCommuter

dRNk SAnTA wrote: »

Not really.

Had things not gone tits up financially, the apartments would be up by now. Originally, the Green line extension was following development.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭cherryred

did anybody notice if there is good access from Ballyogan Wood to the Park Retail? Is there a clear pedestrian walkway?

Somebody mentioned that to me that there is no information about how to get to the Park in Carrickmines from the Luas. I'd have thought they would make advertising this a priority, as the only other way of getting there is by car.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭KC61

Aard wrote: »
    Somebody mentioned that to me that there is no information about how to get to the Park in Carrickmines from the Luas. I'd have thought they would make advertising this a priority, as the only other way of getting there is by car.

Not true - Dublin Bus route 63 now serves the Retail Park from Dun Laoghaire.

Oops, should have specified - I meant the only direct way from town direction.

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭weehamster

unknown13 wrote: »
    LMAO, the one in the red has her tumb and index finger in the L position. Yes, you are a loser.
    Seems to be not the only one caught out that day. Here's a photo from The Wanderer.

Six weeks later.....
    IMG_3468-1.jpg
    Leopardstown Valley stop at noon on Wed 1st December.

(Luas working no prob with nearly a foot of snow falling in the area over the past week).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,963 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

Trying to work out if RTE were taking the piss or not with this one -
    2055 There are reports that a number of people have been seriously injured in a tram crash in Weatherfield.

2100 Police say the tram crash that has left a number of people badly injured in Weatherfield was not weather related.

2102 Oops ... Sorry about that. We got a bit carried away watching Coronation Street.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Trying to work out if RTE were taking the piss or not with this one -
    They are taking the piss, obviously :D

At least they managed to keep the extension open last night! :)

(So far; another 3 inches of snow overnight. Last week it was closed for two days while Dublin buses were whizzing up and down the parallel Ballyogan Road). :(

Since they cleared the line there are little 10 foot mountains of snow piled along the route.

Advertisement