Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My experience of beggars today 3 days before Xmas

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,582 ✭✭✭Mal-Adjusted

gurramok wrote: »
    If he did that to me, i would of made a scene where the garda would have to intervene and that ain't keyboard warrior talk. ;)

No-one should have to put up with that crap you went though, aggressive begging especially by con-artists should be an arrestable offence.

to be fair, when i was cuing for a Luas ticket, the guards were fast enough clearing the begger who inevitably showed up there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭Four-Percent

Did the homeless get to sleep in their beds while the students were on the streets? That would have been a better cause

A better cause than what?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭Red_Marauder

Did the homeless get to sleep in their beds while the students were on the streets? That would have been a better cause
    Why? One night sleeping in a bed versus funding for long term homeless shelters and maybe a mildly decent Christmas relative to what they usually go through as well as highlighting the issue ina very visible, high profile way. Those guys are doing a great thing in my opinion.
    No-one should have to put up with that crap you went though
    Ha thanks dude but really wasnt that bothered Im a pretty relaxed person it's one thing for a young person but not the kind of thing you want to see happen someone's mum or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭cbreeze

somewhat frightening are the two guys who get the DART and play the accordion.

also there's the man with the leather jacket who stands outside hodges figgis in Dawson Street with a tin with help the homeless on it. Does not mention the charity he represents. When the shop closes he puts the tin away, unlocks his bike from a nearby pole and cycles away

• Registered Users Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭Ostrom

Seloth wrote: »
    :rolleyes:

Its more of a comical one really,rather and a seriouse one :D

Probably personal, but it gives me ire to see it. And it makes those who use it in a certain context (not you) look like condescending arseholes. It seems to be an ad hominem shorthand for lazy responses in threads like this.

• Advertisement

And what do you do to help the homeless? Do you let them sleep in your bed? I respect different opinions but p*ssing on genuine efforts, which raise a LOT of money, is pretty tacky. Those kids are doing a hell of a lot more than most people do. Fair play to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭lee_

[quote=[Deleted User];63642064]And what do you do to help the homeless? Do you let them sleep in your bed? I respect different opinions but p*ssing on genuine efforts, which raise a LOT of money, is pretty tacky. Those kids are doing a hell of a lot more than most people do. Fair play to them.[/QUOTE]

ditto
    Post edited by Boards.ie: Mike on

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Yeah, I happen to know they raise in excess of 100K a year some years and it all goes to the homeless charities (the likes of Simon etc).

If you arent doing anything spectacular how about not sh*tting on people who are.

DeV.

Advertisement