Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My experience of beggars today 3 days before Xmas

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭BigDuffman

Seloth wrote: »
    pfft what 18 year olds do you know :p

Read rest of post:P well hopefully most of them would be more responsible than I was!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭Seloth

Heh I actually did but just wanted to add a comical twist at it,being 18 atm :p

If anyone myage is ever stuck in some siuaiton its early always "Mammy....:o" :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 boxclever

well cos your posting on this topic too. So apparently nearly everyone who posts on this thread is racist according to you. My post had nothing what so ever to do with race so do i get the "racist" tag too just cos i posted here

Its not a Tag. He is racist. I dont know if you are. By posting on the forum you are not automatically racist but the majority of people posting seem to be.

I probably am racist to some degree as we all have been brought up in a society which encourages racism

:confused:
    I was in getting some food in Iskanders on Dame St on monday when a begger walked in and started to count his change. He pulled out about 70-80 euro in notes then lined up all the coins. I would have said he easily had about 120 euro,maybe even more.by the end of his counting. Its actually sickening when you see cnuts like that
    :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:
    120 eurois probably all the money this man has in the world (his life savings). Get a grip and try have a bit of empathy you prick

Everyones uncociously abit racist..not for skin colour etc.

Like you may have firends that are Black,West Asian,East Asian or simple just another person from a predominatly white country but once you hear a certain type on Irish accent(Say a Traveler/Certain estate,Knacker((as in Scobe,Skanger or chav,which ever you prefer)) ) you cringe and hold on to your belonings tighter heh.

• Advertisement

Seloth wrote: »
    Everyones uncociously abit racist..not for skin colour etc.

Like you may have firends that are Black,West Asian,East Asian or simple just another person from a predominatly white country but once you hear a certain type on Irish accent(Say a Traveler/Certain estate,Knacker((as in Scobe,Skanger or chav,which ever you prefer)) ) you cringe and hold on to your belonings tighter heh.
    I agree but the phrase "i am not racist but......." really pisses me off. Anyone who ever used this phrase is overtly racist

• Registered Users Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭discobeaker

boxclever wrote: »
    120 eurois probably all the money this man has in the world (his life savings). Get a grip and try have a bit of empathy you prick

Dont call me a prick "boxclever",this cnut had fookin Nike runners on. So maybe dont jump to conclusions and call people pricks cos your the one who is coming out looking like the complete tool.... Not very "boxclever" now are we? :rolleyes:

Yeah box I dunnoif your messing or not but in general allot of bggers have a good bit of money,as well as homes etc.

Were in Ireland Europe,Our socail welfare system dosent allow peep to starve..In the US though :rolleyes:

Dont call me a prick "boxclever",this cnut had fookin Nike runners on. So maybe dont jump to conclusions and call people pricks cos your the one who is coming out looking like the complete tool.... Not very "boxclever" now are we? :rolleyes:

You are jumping to conclusions about this fella due to his runners. I dont know his situation but either do u and thats the point.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,297 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

120 eurois probably all the money this man has in the world (his life savings).
    Christ, are you really that ****ing niave? That's his hostel & drinking money for the day.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

Banned.

Banned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

lee_ wrote: »

That Anthony Cronin is very handy with a folding chair!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭Ostrom

The rolleyes icon should also be banned

efla wrote: »
    The rolleyes icon should also be banned

:rolleyes:

Its more of a comical one really,rather and a seriouse one :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,443 ✭✭✭Red Sleeping Beauty

Bit sickening reading this thread. Profession beggars, "those damn Romas", junkies and Ireland apparently has a social welfare system that doesn't let people starve? Christ, these Castleknock kids need to wake up and smell the real flavour.

Bit sickening reading this thread. Profession beggars, "those damn Romas", junkies and Ireland apparently has a social welfare system that doesn't let people starve? Christ, these Castleknock kids need to wake up and smell the real flavour.

Where the hell is Castleknock?

and whens the last time you heard of someone starving in Ireland((Ingoring such as neglect by parents and such))

In all fairness while there are some legitamit people out there,there are allot of people coning as well,and from what I saw last night and from other storys I've heard there must be some kind of organisation as well...Being it just a few people working together or a large criminal element forcing foreginers into it.ie The Romanians that re often seen on the street

• Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

nope

Looked it up now though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,582 ✭✭✭Mal-Adjusted

And by the way, no I'm not racist, or anti-homeless people but I just find the above really annoying especially seeing as the majority of them are quite in your face and aggressive.

i agree, somebody can rudley shove an empty plastic cup in your face, say a line of gobbeldegook and demand moolah, but refuse then and suddenly YOU'RE the bad guy... reminds me of those red-shirt chuggers on shop street.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭Tchaikovsky

Just the same as the "Sorry bud, have you got the time?" "What did you say to me!?" scumbag trick.

This thread just highlights the disgraceful inequalities prevalent in this country.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Just the same as the "Sorry bud, have you got the time?" "What did you say to me!?" scumbag trick.

This thread just highlights the disgraceful inequalities prevalent in this country.

Can you explain that please?....is it when you ask a scumbag what time it is, he responds "what did you say to me?" and he headbuts or punches you?

Or is there something else they do?

Its not a Tag. He is racist. I dont know if you are. By posting on the forum you are not automatically racist but the majority of people posting seem to be.

I probably am racist to some degree as we all have been brought up in a society which encourages racism

People are racist, and Xenophobic....most Irish are, they just afraid to admit it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

Whats your address?

Pm me your address and i'll send the professional Roma couple who beg every day around the corner from me straight to your gaff.

Oh by the way, they only take money, not food.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,494 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

lee_ wrote: »

That actually looks like the girl on the left is robbing the mother's chair.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭PLIIM

gurramok wrote: »
    Whats your address?

Pm me your address and i'll send the professional Roma couple who beg every day around the corner from me straight to your gaff.

Oh by the way, they only take money, not food.

I always ask the bleeding hearts to take in a Roma family and let them live in their house for a week.
    If they refuse, i just laugh and tell them to put their heart where their mouth is. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭Red_Marauder

I was walking up by O'Connell bridge in town today and I was ina hurry, this guy with a high-vis Big Issue jacket asks me for money. Then he ran after me when I had walked on, saying I was lucky there were so many gardai in town or he'd steal the laptop I had with me. I ignored him and just kept walkiing then he ran in fron of me still shouting abuse and ran off saying he was getting someone to get me. Guys like that give beggars a bad name. When I mentioned it to a guard five mins later in case it happens to like an old lady or something, she wasn't remotely interested. She didnt ask for the location, or his appearance or anything.

^ guards are a disgrace if that's true.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭Red_Marauder

Well no most guards are pretty sound in my experience. It was at the top of Henry street by the GPO when i met this guard so she wasn't close by, still though I think she should have radio'd someone. If that were some old person he did it to it would be far more intimidating.

By the way, fair play to all those Belvedere guys sleeping rough the last couple of nights in aid of the homeless, great cause.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

By the way, fair play to all those Belvedere guys sleeping rough the last couple of nights in aid of the homeless, great cause.

Did the homeless get to sleep in their beds while the students were on the streets? That would have been a better cause

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

Well no most guards are pretty sound in my experience. It was at the top of Henry street by the GPO when i met this guard so she wasn't close by, still though I think she should have radio'd someone. If that were some old person he did it to it would be far more intimidating.

If he did that to me, i would of made a scene where the garda would have to intervene and that ain't keyboard warrior talk. ;)

No-one should have to put up with that crap you went though, aggressive begging especially by con-artists should be an arrestable offence.

Advertisement