Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭JackKelly

• Registered Users Posts: 9,481 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

It's ironic people are moaning about Daft Punk when, like them or not, they're a gateway band for people to get into dance & electronica.

I also happen to enjoy them (shockingly) and believe that 2010's electronic scene will be entirely dominated by DP and remixes of their stuff. Material will be their own new album due as well as an epic Tron2 soundtrack (which is shaping up nicely, much much darker sound then previous DP records).

On top of this there's a lot of momentum behind Soulwax releasing a pile of stuff, which will also help draw fans in.

These types of acts might not be to everyones tastes, but they get people started, it's up to the newer acts to make decent music that people can hear. And outlets need to come, too. Radio Soulwax seems like an interesting project in that respect.

I don't think 2010 will be the mega year people want it to be for dance music, but it'll get the ball rolling in a really good way

• Registered Users Posts: 3,791 ✭✭✭electrogrimey

It could be a good year for dubstep, so far a lot of dubstep has been people jumping on the bandwagon and throwing out cheesy remixes, so hopefully next year it will get a bit more refined, and we might see a few good albums come out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭Executive Steve

Agreed they are rubbish, I would also love dance music to stay underground, really don't want a situation where all the electro pop folk flock to the techno nights because the see it as the done thing.

Clearly you've never tried to be a promoter so, I'd be absolutely delighted if all the electro pop folk flocked to our night because they saw it as the done thing... I'd never in a million years change the nature of what we do to please them or to attract them, but surely a club packed to the rafters with people is better than a half empty one?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭g5fd6ow0hseima

Clearly you've never tried to be a promoter so, I'd be absolutely delighted if all the electro pop folk flocked to our night because they saw it as the done thing... I'd never in a million years change the nature of what we do to please them or to attract them, but surely a club packed to the rafters with people is better than a half empty one?
    personally id rather being at a gig with 100 genuinely interested people as opposed to 400 and the majority of them tossers, there for the scene.

If your worrying about numbers from the point of view of being a promoter, there are other, more accessible genres to promote.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭Massive Muscles

I'm not too familiar with this board but is this guy Jonny a known troll?
    If some people want to see dance music in the charts then that is their perogative, but i always have and will always remain into dance music that is underground and not commercial.
    1- Axwell – I Found U (Remode)
    2- Rui Da Silva – Touch Me
    3- Roger Sanchez - Another Chance
    4- The Shapeshifters – Chime
    5- Basement Jaxx – Where’s Your Head At
    6- Moby – Raining Again (Steve Angello Remix)
    7- Kemal Feat Foxxee – City Street walking
    8- Fish Go Deep featTracy K – The Cure & The Cause
    9- Spiller – Groovejet
    10-Mark Knight & Funkagenda - Man With The Red Face

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

I'm not too familiar with this board but is this guy Jonny a known troll?

you are the troll, 17 posts mmmmm i wonder eh :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭brianc27

he has a point though, you completely contradict yourself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

brianc27 wrote: »
    he has a point though, you completely contradict yourself

not at all, as i said previously all of those tunes started off underground and most became so popular some entered into the charts,should i just suddendly not like or disown these tunes because they became so popular?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

jonny68 wrote: »
    not at all, as i said previously all of those tunes started off underground and most became so popular some entered into the charts,should i just suddendly not like or disown these tunes because they became so popular?

hahaha. they're clearly very commercial tracks jonny, but let's all have another one of these arguments where everyone points out why you're wrong and you tell them it's their 'perogative' to disagree with you.

3...2....1....go!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 38 PHONiC.ie

Hopefully not! Going mainstream is never good for quality!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭Executive Steve

If your worrying about numbers from the point of view of being a promoter, there are other, more accessible genres to promote.

Not sure i get your point?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 PHONiC.ie

He means, sell out, and you'll make loads more money. I hear R'n'B attracts big numbers? LOL

Advertisement