Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

This years crimbo number 1...?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭Doug Cartel

I still think there are people who don't realise that they are owned by Sony BMG of which Simon Cowell is an Executive.

Simon Cowell isn't an executive in Sony BMG, as Sony BMG don't exist any more. Rage are in Epic, which like Cowell's SiCo label are part of Sony Music Entertainment. Thing is, Sony is a large conglomerate, it's various subsidiaries are all pretty much in direct competition with one another, and this is not good for Cowell. He does have shares in SME, so technically he will see some of the profits from Rage's sales, but it's not going to represent a huge chunk of change for him, considering it's about 300k downloads at 50p a pop and he only sees a tiny fraction of that.

Cowell makes his money from the X-Factor show, and various wheeler dealer type stuff. For him getting a Christmas number one is not about making money from sales, it's about pushing the X-Factor brand.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

How did yer man, Joe, end up with such good looking, ronaldo-style, good looks, after coming from such a pathetic gene pool of northern english dole-ites?

Bold.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Ikky Poo2 wrote: »
    Please God let it be Rage Against The Machine, and FVCK you, Simon Cowell.

/rant

Em, you do realise his label also own RATM?

SantryRed wrote: »

See my earlier post.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

SantryRed wrote: »

It's not about who owns what really. It's about what people want to hear. I'd rather listen to RATM than that X-Factor song.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

I'd but it!

Our first fan!! You'll always be our favourite ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭thewheel2.0

The real problem here is that because of the time of year Xfactor is on it automagicly gets Christmas no. 1 and not on the actual merit of the song:rolleyes:

It just happens that I like Rage (Tom Morrello on guitar...oh man) so i bought the single. Its for a good cause and it would be great to hear it on the radio again for awhile.

Xfactor bashing is pointless just because you don't like the genre of music doesn't mean you need to ruin it for everyone who does. You don't hear Xfactor fans taking sh!t about Karl Spain wants to rock, so just leave em enjoy it.

And also this 'crimbo' word really grinds my gears

• Closed Accounts Posts: 924 ✭✭✭Elliemental

I take it you poor sods in the Republic being bombarded with the same X-Factor bilge as the U.K? Thats appalling! There are such things as human rights and something should be done about it.
    Anyway, I bought the RATM track off I-Tunes on tuesday...Fat lot of good it`ll do, against the onslaught of Simon Cowell.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Schism

Ok, they're both on the same label and at the end of the day all the money is going to the same place but I don't think that's what it's about.

It's more a protest against manufactured pop than anything else, sure they could have tried to support a little known unsigned band and it'd probably be more fitting but what are the odds of something like that toppling this year's X-Factor ****e? At least Rage have a chance of doing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Any key?

X factor finalists always winning = boringtown
    rage against the machines song = meh no Christmas no1

Wouldn't it be great if someone just released an upbeat Christmas song it would go straight to number 1:)

• Registered Users Posts: 33,048 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

I rememebr the Nizlopi (sp?) JCB song from a few years ago. That's been about the best one recently.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭enniscorthy

Bob_Harris wrote: »
    C.H.R.I.S.T.M.A.S.

D.E.F.O.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Any updates on it yet? Keeping fingers crossed for RATM, **** that thunderbird lookin karaoke singer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭Doyler92

Who are these RATM?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Perhaps I should have siad **** x-factor. I really don't care who owns what label. It's not about "sticking it to the man" (why does everyone assume that?); it's about a request that promoters start looking for talented bands and artists - and there are a lot of them out there - instead of just promoting a pretty-face copycat wannabe.

Joe is actually very talented and has a lovely voice. I'd much rather listen to him than a scruffy angsty eejit scream "F*CK YOU I WONT DO WHAT YOU TELL ME!".

Maybe I'd buy it if I were fourteen and wanted to show everyone how I could STICK IT 2 DA MAN. But I have more cop on since then.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Joe sounds like a little girl...

The main problem I have is the song Simon Cowell chose this year. Hannah Montanna? It's so cheesy and boring, it doesn't deserve to be number one.

Neither does RATM though, so either way everyone loses (except Simon Cowell)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭muboop1

Please God let it be Rage Against The Machine, and FVCK you, Simon Cowell.

/rant
    You know he owns the to right??

either way he wins...

Just read all other threads... my input is irrelevant!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

Cool Hip Indie Person 1: "Let's topple Simon Cowell and the X-factor for Xmas no.1."

CHIP2: "Oh yeah, let's get a quality band and start a facebook group as a protest"

CHIP1: "Oh I know a quality band, Rage Against The Machine."

DOT DOT DOT

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

I rememebr the Nizlopi (sp?) JCB song from a few years ago. That's been about the best one recently.

Top video also from what I can remember :p

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Liathroidi Dana

Supposedly only 1000 in it now. Ratm are meant to be ahead!!

Only 10 mins!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭Doyler92

If someone remembers on Christmas will they check and let me know. Thanks

Rage already got it.

PS why do people keep saying Rage are signed to Simon Cowall's label, did they not read where this was already addressed in the thread?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

Rage already got it.

PS why do people keep saying Rage are signed to Simon Cowall's label, did they not read where this was already addressed in the thread?

LOL, True. R.A.T.M. have absolutely nothing to do with Simon Cowell

• Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭Rented Mule

snyper wrote: »
    House of Pain.

Jump around.

Leim Thart
    Des Bishop