Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

This years crimbo number 1...?

Options
  • 18-12-2009 9:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭

So boardsies what do you think will the number 1 christmas song this year?

I think it's gonna be "Fairytale of New York" as usual but I'll leave it you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,056 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Please God let it be Rage Against The Machine, and FVCK you, Simon Cowell.

/rant

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

"The Climb" by Joe McElderry.:mad:
    Or else the other shte X Factor song.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭Doyler92

Yeah I completely forgot about Joe's song. That could be a contender

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭Bob_Harris

C.H.R.I.S.T.M.A.S.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,021 ✭✭✭Mike 1972

Does anyone give a flying fiddlers ?

30 years ago "Christmas number one" was a somewhat enviable achievement that with some shrewd financial managment could almost set a person up for life.

Today it only means one has managed to flog about fifteen copies !

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭Closed ac

Sorry to rain on your parade guys.. but Joe already got it, it was confirmed a few hours ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭Doyler92

It's not Christmas yet though!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

House of Pain.

Jump around.

Doyler92 wrote: »
    It's not Christmas yet though!

It the closest weekend before Christmas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,021 ✭✭✭Mike 1972

Thought it wasnt announced uuntil sunday -hang on I thought I didnt give a fiddlers (off to R&R)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Voltex

Ikky Poo2 wrote: »

/rant

Yes please!!!!!
    I have my two boys raging against the machine!!!

I bought it on iTunes...just doin my part

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

This years crimbo number 1...?

I refuse to answer due to the use of the crimbo word.
    What do you want for crimbo babe....... barf

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

When's the last time it was Fairytale of New York??? Not since before the first series of X Factor anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭enry

"ALL I WANT FOR CHRISTMAS" IS A JOB

"SILENT NIGHT" BECAUSE NO ONE HAS ANY MONEY TO GO OUT

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭mink_man

DILLIGAF (google it)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

DKZ wrote: »
    Sorry to rain on your parade guys.. but Joe already got it, it was confirmed a few hours ago.

Sorry but you are wrong. This weeks number 1 is not the Christmas Number 1 in Ireland according to IRMA.

In the UK it will be decided this Sunday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭Aldebaran

DKZ wrote: »

I shall have to rain on your parade now, Irish Christmas No. 1 is based on sales between the night of the 17th and the 23rd, result isn't announced until the 24th.

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Mjollnir

/rant

RATM coupled with second-class talent show and Simon Cowell! http://www.rathergood.com/climb

It's short overall, good stuff starts in about 00:20

RonMexico wrote: »
    Sorry but you are wrong. This weeks number 1 is not the Christmas Number 1 in Ireland according to IRMA.

In the UK it will be decided this Sunday.

Uh-oh, sorry then. My bad. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 5,055 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

/rant

You've probably not realised that RATM are signed to Epic records who along with Syco, Simon Cowells label are subsidarys of Sony Music. They are all linked and as part of the deal that took Syco under Sonys wing Simon Cowell has a pile of shares in Sony itself. He's making even more money than last year from the Christmas week because his X Factor act is going to sell as many as it would have anyway but as a cosy aside he's got a share in the royalties form the RATM sales too. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Voltex

You've probably not realised that RATM are signed to Epic records who along with Syco, Simon Cowells label are subsidarys of Sony Music. They are all linked and as part of the deal that took Syco under Sonys wing Simon Cowell has a pile of shares in Sony itself. He's making even more money than last year from the Christmas week because his X Factor act is going to sell as many as it would have anyway but as a cosy aside he's got a share in the royalties form the RATM sales too. :D

didnt ya just have to go a wreck it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,056 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

I don't care - I'd rather an artist than a kareoki (spelling wrong, I know) entertainer.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭Nettie

''as usual''???

The X Factor song has been number one every year since it began!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

it better be rage!i just legally downloaded it,first time ive paid for a download in about 5 years

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

I think I might be secretly in love with Joe...

Ugh hope it is not that 'Rage Against The Machine' song! I'm not a fan of the top 2 contenders for the No. 1 spot. At least people are buying Joe McElderry's single because they actually like it, a lot of people buying RATM are only buying it because of a stupid protest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

You've probably not realised that nobody gives a toss about any of that either. It is just a bit of a laugh to annoy x-factor fans. Nothing more, nothing less. Also RATM are donating their royalties to charity.

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭Bajingo

Ugh hope it is not that 'Rage Against The Machine' song! I'm not a fan of the top 2 contenders for the No. 1 spot. At least people are buying Joe McElderry's single because they actually like it, a lot of people buying RATM are only buying it because of a stupid protest.

They both kind of suck dont they..but I would rather rage against the machine (although I dont see how it is a protest to anything)..why cant we have an actual christmas song as number.1?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,055 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

RonMexico wrote: »
    You've probably not realised that nobody gives a toss about any of that either. It is just a bit of a laugh to annoy x-factor fans. Nothing more, nothing less. Also RATM are donating their royalties to charity.

I think that a lot of people decided to join this crusade thinking they were sticking it to Simon Cowell - turns out they aren't. Personally I think it's hilarious and wouldn't be surprised if Cowell had of dreamed the whole thing up.

Cowell is Keyser Soze :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Bobalicious93

Novella wrote: »
    I think I might be secretly in love with Joe...

Not anymore you're not

Advertisement