Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Week 15

Options
  • 17-12-2009 12:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,034 ✭✭✭

Should be very interesting week ahead with possibility of perfect records being lost

Thursday, 17 December 2009
    Jacksonville Jaguars v Indianapolis Colts, 01:20
    Saturday, 19 December 2009
    New Orleans Saints v Dallas Cowboys, 01:20
    Sunday, 20 December 2009
    Carolina Panthers v Minnesota Vikings, 01:20
    Baltimore Ravens v Chicago Bears, 18:00
    Buffalo Bills v New England Patriots, 18:00
    Detroit Lions v Arizona Cardinals, 18:00
    Kansas City Chiefs v Cleveland Browns, 18:00
    New York Jets v Atlanta Falcons, 18:00
    Philadelphia Eagles v San Francisco 49ers, 18:00
    Pittsburgh Steelers v Green Bay Packers, 18:00
    St Louis Rams v Houston Texans, 18:00
    Tennessee Titans v Miami Dolphins, 18:00
    Denver Broncos v Oakland Raiders, 21:05
    San Diego Chargers v Cincinnati Bengals, 21:05
    Seattle Seahawks v Tampa Bay Buccaneers, 21:15
    Monday, 21 December 2009
    Washington Redskins v New York Giants, 01:30

i'm hoping the Saints continue their streak this weekend against the Cowboys. Would be nice if 49ers could knock off eagles as well but i can't see that happening. Giants travel to Washington Monday night. hoping to get Tuesday morning off so that i can see all of the game. If Giants have any hope of making playoffs they need to win. Redskins are playing well lately and should really have knocked off Saints and had huge opportunity against the cowboys. With lack of any sort of D on Giants side redskins are hue chance.

Titans v Dolphins should be a cracker. Jags v Colts also should be good. Home advantage should be enough to see Colts through imo

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,307 ✭✭✭cruiserweight

KrustyUCC wrote: »
    Titans v Dolphins should be a cracker. Jags v Colts also should be good. Home advantage should be enough to see Colts through imo

I thought that the game was in Jacksonville

• Registered Users Posts: 6,034 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

yes you're right :o got fixtures off BBC so home team on left as opposed to right.

Bigger chance of upset down in Florida. Jags need to win to keep up their playoff drive esp when their locked on 7-6 with Dolphins whilst only a game behind Patriots and Broncos

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭_Buck Rogers

I think the Titans will beat the dolphins although it may be close, I also think the colts will beat the jags, I think the falcons will beat the jets AND that the packers will beat the steelers. Ravens should beat the bears though.

This week could see the wildcard race being opened right up!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 514 ✭✭✭Chanandler Bong

This week could see the wildcard race being opened right up!
    Lets Hope so, week 17 isn't the same without some last minute playoff scrambles

• Registered Users Posts: 6,034 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

So after game 1 colts still perfect

I expect the Saints to be the same sunday morning

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,608 ✭✭✭themont85

Manning was great last night. Perfect rating in the first half, over 130 for the game. 4 tds and the 1 Int been a mistake from Clark. Manning edged ahead of Brees in the MVP race again last night, we'll see what Brees does against the Cowboys. Joint MVPs aren't out of the question.

With the Colts 14-0 and really going for it last night, Calwell will find it tough to stop the team going for 16-0. Two hard games to finish but it looks like Manning will play a lot of those due to the inexperience of the backup and that gives them a shot. They definately have explicit weaknesses on defence and need try to run it more but they will be a handful for anybody and the AFC winners will have to go through them imo.

I must say I like the Jags as a team and I hope they don't can Del Rio, with MoJo they have a great back. I know Tebow is a controversial call for 1st round but they may well take him to boost attendences and hope he replicates the college leadership and battling qualities in the NFL.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,953 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Its all about the next game. The Jets can get to the QB quite a lot with all their exotic blitzes, if they go after and get to Manning twice in the first quarter, I think he will be taken out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

I think you're right eagle. But they'll have some job getting to him. He's the least sacked QB in the league, but it'll definitely be something the jets will consider.
    Manning was immense last night. Since the Pats game, it was the D getting the wins for us, but last night, with the D not operating at 100% manning and the boys stepping it up on Offense. Even the INT was a poor catch by clark, who more than made up for it with his next TD. Great display.

Reacher, I'm not sure the D were at any more than 100% last night. A lot of back-up guys got a lot of time on the field. And apart from that, I think they commited a little more than a pre-season game, but not much.

Think about it - would you hit as hard in a game that affects nothing, knowing you could miss the Playoffs? Psychologically it's gotta be hard to make those hits. But they looked a lot more like the old Colts D, than of recently. Great win though. I'm delighted.

I can see 16-0, unless, as eagle said, the Jets pull of something special.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Cowboys @ Saints starting soon.

Can anybody see Dallas winning this against all reasons of sanity and rationality?

I mean, Any Given Sunday and all that, but its Dallas playing in New Orleans against a 13-0 team with Drew Brees in the form of his life........in DECEMBER...

;)

As textbook as it was, that was just a fantastically executed route from Miles Austin.

• Advertisement

Archimedes wrote: »
    As textbook as it was, that was just a fantastically executed route from Miles Austin.

You got a link Archimedes?

Good start by the Cowboys so far, wonder if they will find a way to lose this one?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Very good start by the Cowboys so far. Once Brees gets going this will be a cracker of a game!

davyjose wrote: »

Sorry mate, watching it on Sky!

Try rojadirecta.com though, they might have one or two.

Archimedes wrote: »
    Sorry mate, watching it on Sky!

Try rojadirecta.com though, they might have one or two.

I got one dude. Cheers.

Should have been an interception. Despite the slow start by the Saints offence, I can see this turning into a shoot out, well hope it does

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

Crayton has it, nice throw.

1st quarter down. fantastic start by Romo. But, for some reason, I think he'll throw at least 3 picks in this game. Should be a fantastic shoot out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 306 ✭✭Hynzie

Really good start from Dallas. They have some real talent on offense but as Millen has been saying they cant seem to produce the points in the last few games. Looks like they have figured that out so far.

I also totally agree with Millen on how well Romo executes that draw play. Ive noticed it a few times watching the Cowboys play, he really does a great job selling it.

A bit of a mess there, bring on the punter then bring back out Romo and then call a time out. If the Cowboys go for it and score here, it really is a statement of intent, if they go for it and don't make it, it potentially gives momentum to the dangerous Saints. Belichick might go for it but I don't know if I would ;)

They get it on a soft illegal contact call

• Advertisement

Hilarious how much the NO Defence has stepped it up since the 2nd quarter started!

And now their Offence is stepping it up too. Why can't they do that in the 1st quarter?

Looks like Bush is out and then Brees gets intercepted, not a good furst half for the Saint still looks like they are getting the ball back with 90 seconds left

Looks like Bush is out and then Brees gets intercepted, not a good furst half for the Saint still looks like they are getting the ball back with 90 seconds left

90 seconds for Brees to fumble the ball on his own 25 :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

Drew what the **** are you doing to me. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,586 ✭✭✭gerire

davyjose wrote: »

sopcast ch 85614; sop://broker.sopcast.com:3912/85614

Cowgirls looking good tbh so far

gerire wrote: »

got one, cheers man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,350 ✭✭✭Het-Field

gerire wrote: »

"Cowgirls" looking amazing. They have completely stifled the Saints. Three sacks, one interception, one turnover, no saints conversions on third down.

Best Iv seen the Boys paly since I started following them

TD.

Don't believe the Saints will come back from this tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,350 ✭✭✭Het-Field

Barber has been superb. He has really exorcised the demons of the 3 hits at the 1 yard line last week.

Advertisement