Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random Picture thread!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭docentore

I paid the going rate for them, £14.95 each. When the QSBs come out I might get them too because they're apparently cleaning the signals so that the glitch gets a better success rate. All in all I can see the JTAG prices going up by about €25-€30 considering the rise in difficulty and the significant rise in cost of hardware.

Regarding cleaner signal: some folks on x-hacker suggested using shielded cable (ie usb one) terminated at both ends. Much better results with that, also some extra capacitors on few lines. You will find thread easily, some good tips over there.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

0ySWL.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Reamer Fanny

0ySWL.jpg

Very nice so is it booting into Xell now?

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭Jimbobjoeyman

0ySWL.jpg

Nice :cool:

I have one already wired up like yours except I only ran two wires under the board, Just waiting for my chip.
    What are boot times like

TX coolrunner definatly seems to be the business

justryan wrote: »
    Very nice so is it booting into Xell now?

;)

OvONS.jpg
    Nice

I have one already wired up like yours except I only ran two wires under the board, Just waiting for my chip.
    What are boot times like

TX coolrunner definatly seems to be the business

I got nervous when the first boot went on for a good while, the coolrunner DBG light flashes green when it's sending the glitch and it went a good 15 times with no joy. I turned on the console again, 1.5 seconds and boom, Xell :D

• Advertisement

IMAG2702.jpg

What a kick in the jewels, Corona motherboard dated 15/8/11, 2 days before the earliest known Corona date. Terrible choice to go for Matte Black :/ No Slim RGH for TV :mad:

IMAG2702.jpg

What a kick in the jewels, Corona motherboard dated 15/8/11, 2 days before the earliest known Corona date. Terrible choice to go for Matte Black :/ No Slim RGH for TV :mad:

Ouch where did you get it?

Amazon.co.uk. It was a 250GB model, but not the Forza 4 pack. Waste of cash :(

Amazon.co.uk. It was a 250GB model, but not the Forza 4 pack. Waste of cash :(

Christ! I'm guessing the HANA model is gonna become as scarce as the jtaggable Xboxs after the Christmas rush

Yeah, but next time I'm not going to be such a noob about it and I'll check the power sticker on the back of the console instead of busting the warranty.

Trinity is 10.83A, Corona is 9.6A. If only I had know that earlier :mad:

• Advertisement

Yeah, but next time I'm not going to be such a noob about it and I'll check the power sticker on the back of the console instead of busting the warranty.

Trinity is 10.83A, Corona is 9.6A. If only I had know that earlier :mad:

Thanks for the tip if only you could open the box in the shops :D

Hah, 14 day moneyback guarantee in the likes of Tesco. Take it out to the car, open the box, flip the console around and read the amps. Too low? Pack it in, say your sister just bought you a new one in Gamestop as a present and you didn't know, get refund and move on to next shop to roll the dice again. The matte black ones are mostly coronas...

Hah, 14 day moneyback guarantee in the likes of Tesco. Take it out to the car, open the box, flip the console around and read the amps. Too low? Pack it in, say your sister just bought you a new one in Gamestop as a present and you didn't know, get refund and move on to next shop to roll the dice again. The matte black ones are mostly coronas...

I like your style, I got the matte black version luckily it had the HANA chip

Gotta look at the positives too, at least I can take apart a slim now. The board looks similar to the phat for installing the coolrunner, so I'm going to start doing it for others. Can't be spending all my money rolling the dice hoping for a trinity slim ;)

Gotta look at the positives too, at least I can take apart a slim now. The board looks similar to the phat for installing the coolrunner, so I'm going to start doing it for others. Can't be spending all my money rolling the dice hoping for a trinity slim ;)

You'd be suprised how easy the Coolrunner mod chips are to install on the Slim

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

IMAG2702.jpg

Which drive was in it. Was it the DG-16D4S?

DG-16D4S, 1071 LiteOn

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

DG-16D4S, 1071 LiteOn

Well at least u can still do a firmware mod on it and sell it on and get a older slim to do a RGH.

Well at least u can still do a firmware mod on it and sell it on and get a older slim to do a RGH.

Don't have an X360USB :(

Just picked up another Slim, it's got the same power rating as yours back it goes... ;)

• Advertisement

Not sure if the Team is relevant in identifying the motherboard type but my Trinity motherboard was made by the ADÚR Team and the Corona motherboard was made by FDOU, does anybody else have the Trinity Xbox with the original box?

384017_233314923402545_195149467219091_607550_219685374_n.jpg

Tomorrow...you will be pwned!

182537.jpg

Tomorrow...you will be pwned!

182537.jpg

Nice! You finally got the 10.83a model

Nice! You finally got the 10.83a model

Sent to me by a customer, no dice for my Corona I'm afraid. Oh well, I'll get in some slim practice tomorrow after work, can't wait :)

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭stanleytli

I got a slim with broken CPU_RST pad last night.
    And here how I fixed this:D.

sorry folks for stupid question, but since I've sold my last jtag I didn't have much contact with modded X360's.

Would those temperatures be ok for Xbox 360?

IMG018.jpg

:P

(no extra fans, just open console - in cupboard, fresh thermal paste and GPU heatsink replaced with Xenon Cpu one)

docentore wrote: »
    sorry folks for stupid question, but since I've sold my last jtag I didn't have much contact with modded X360's.

Would those temperatures be ok for Xbox 360?

IMG018.jpg

:P

(no extra fans, just open console - in cupboard, fresh thermal paste and GPU heatsink replaced with Xenon Cpu one)

Great temps, fans at 12v? My slim shows around 70 degrees

Great temps, fans at 12v? My slim shows around 70 degrees

Jasper on 60% set in FSD, hate 12V mod, too loud

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭stanleytli

docentore wrote: »
    Jasper on 60% set in FSD, hate 12V mod, too loud
    On my jasper fans on 55% in FSD and arround 50 deg. always.
    On slim temps. arround 70 deg. that's normal for slim after RGH:)

• Advertisement

stanleytli wrote: »
    On my jasper fans on 55% in FSD and arround 50 deg. always.
    On slim temps. arround 70 deg. that's normal for slim after RGH:)

Take off heatsinks, clean the crappy thermal paste and put some Arctic Silver.

My xbox doesn't have dvd and its open, prefer this way.

Advertisement