Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Keeping kids away from my car

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,245 ✭✭✭psycho-hope

Ive the same problem Op tho my car is parked in the drive way, pointless talking to there parents, all i got was ah sure there only playing:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

I'm extremely careful of my car - even though it's not worth much - and, if it was me, I would absolutely get public transport or a taxi if this was an ongoing thing. As far as I can see, it's all you can do really!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 243 ✭✭KC JONES

go to solister
    good idea

• Registered Users Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭congo_90

yet the irony is when you jump on their parents cars at 4am pissed and the gards come they won't believe 'ah i was only playing' :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Ive the same problem Op tho my car is parked in the drive way, pointless talking to there parents, all i got was ah sure there only playing:confused:

WTfudge means, they are only playing, if you gave them birth, make sure you got a leech for little bast*rds! did people forget that they need to look after theyr kids? he will be jumping on that car, then slip and brake his head, and then owner of car will be accused, becouse somebodys little angel did not knew what he was doing...

Like i said, get it on video, bring it to parents, show it to them and say: " if you wount leech those animals, i will go with this to court, and make you repaint all mine car"...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭YourName

Whats wrong with electrfying your car, like with a low voltage, would that not stop anyone from going near our car. Is it illegal???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

CJhaughey wrote: »
    Cover it in grease, they won't be too keen on getting their tracksuits greasy.

I actually did this to a vintage motorcycle and side car to keep brats from messing with it. Parents had the audacity to knock on my door complaining that their kids were covered in grease and waste oil. I told them what to do with themselves. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,921 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

YourName wrote: »
    Whats wrong with electrfying your car, like with a low voltage, would that not stop anyone from going near our car. Is it illegal???

If you put enough power into it to stop them you'd kill them, anything less would be lile playing with an electric fence..
    I actually did this to a vintage motorcycle and side car to keep brats from messing with it. Parents had the audacity to knock on my door complaining that their kids were covered in grease and waste oil. I told them what to do with themselves. :D

Classic

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭The-Game

The cheek of some people, i applaud your methods!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭Danuogma

If they are the kind of "children" I think they are then this is the only thing that will make them think twice about effing around with other peoples cars...

Tracksuits are very flammable, it would be all over very quick, they won't feel much pain.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭old_aussie

iceman777 wrote: »
    Keep an eye out for them and then see where they go home to and then sit on their parents car and believe me it'll stop pretty fast.
    My first thought, see how their parents like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭old_aussie

YourName wrote: »

Na, ya want extremely high voltage and very low amps, for some real fun.

Make sure the area around the car is covered with grease so they tramp it back onto their parents carpets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

you think these people have CARPETS in their homes? straw is more likely:D

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭CarMuppet

I feel your pain.... had same problem around 5 years ago in my old house... I had an old Jap import I loved at the time... :) it was old but I spent a heap on it and kept it in good condition, and, in my driveway.. the kids were drawn to it like flies to s*** for some reason... which gave me an idea....

.......... I put plenty of old engine oil and a few dog turds on the wall out front and on top of the ESB box at the top of the garden... I think it was the stupid ESB box that drew the kids to be honest in the first place.. they would climb up on it and then jump in to our garden and 'attack' the car.... I think it was the turds that did the job.... it wasn't a pretty sight but it worked after a few weeks..... the only problem was the rain would wash away my defense[FONT=&quot][/FONT] system so I'd have to locate more turds... which is a bit freaky to be honest considering I didn't have a dog at the time... :)... you know the way with neighbours "why is yer man in number 12 collecting dog crap in the park green at 3am in the morning? weirdo! Yea he spends a lot of time with his car too I heard... it's not normal.."

In the end a new neighbour moved in, up the road, and he drove some large super-bike thing and the kids found themselves new hunting grounds...

Seriously, I know they are only kids etc, but a buckled bonnet is still expensive to fix... when you approach parents of kids that have damaged/scratched your car you get grief! It's a difficult situation.

Best of luck with the battle,
    CarMuppet

• Registered Users Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

Saab Ed wrote: »
    I know a fella who can help you with that.....

west.jpg

They'll dissapear fairly lively ( excuse the pun :D ) with this fella around.

He was great that lad - but he ain't been around in a while?

Advertisement