Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Two games in UK this year

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,653 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Yup Notre Dame Vs. Navy in Dublin. Venue to be decided. Both the New Lansdowne and Croker are the options. The NCAA and reps from both colleges looked at both stadiums.

Excellent, appreciate the post tallaght!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,211 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Yup Notre Dame Vs. Navy in Dublin. Venue to be decided. Both the New Lansdowne and Croker are the options. The NCAA and reps from both colleges looked at both stadiums.

When the game was announced it was to be croke park, but the New lansdowne people have lobbied for it apparently

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

Dodge wrote: »
    When the game was announced it was to be croke park, but the New lansdowne people have lobbied for it apparently

Yup the NCAA and the teams both toured around the construction site not long ago with reps from the FAI and IRFU.

Keeping their options open it seems. Not a bad idea to go with the smaller stadium just in case they dont sell over 70k seats in croker

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

I've heard a few people saying that the 49ers will host the Eagles in a game for Wembley.

Don't take my word for it, I've yet to come across credible sources.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭Sea Devils

Yeah I keep hearing that as well. Found a BBC article that says it's looking increasingly likely it will happen if reports are to be belieived. Another rumour is the other game would be the Jags/ Redskins.

Makes perfect sense for the Niners considering the large fanbase they would have in the UK as well as the extra 20k seats they would bring in revenue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

Sea Devils wrote: »
    Yeah I keep hearing that as well. Found a BBC article that says it's looking increasingly likely it will happen if reports are to be belieived. Another rumour is the other game would be the Jags/ Redskins.

Makes perfect sense for the Niners considering the large fanbase they would have in the UK as well as the extra 20k seats they would bring in revenue.

San Francisco 49ers will be the home team for one of this year's two NFL games to be held in Britain, according to reports in the United States. The 49ers have strong support in the UK because of their success in the 1980s.
    The agreement is being finalised in New York, with the Philadelphia Eagles rumoured to be their opponents.
    "If we're going to play in a parking lot or if we're play in London, we're going to play a football game," said 49ers head coach Mike Singletary.

The Santa Rosa Press Democrat newspaper has reported the 49ers are keen to play a 'home' game in London before they move to a new stadium in San Francisco in time for the start of the 2014 season.

The 49ers gained a large following in the UK during the 1980s when they won four Super Bowls at a time when the sport was enjoying great popularity amongst British fans
    I don't know if I'll be deadset on going to either game. Niners won would interest me most though.

Advertisement