Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

NAAS road Friday 11pm

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭SuperDude87

NLane wrote: »
    yeh i'd agree with you there, no need for the other driver to do what he/she did.

So that's why I think the OP (or the poster who was undertaking) is wrong to be overtaking. Because it could be argued that normally its safe etc but if we had been travelling even 5km/h faster god only knows what would of happened.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭AugustusMaximus

NLane wrote: »
    honking/flashing is ok i suppose, as long as the person has been driving below the limit for some time, or driving at the limit with a free inside lane.

Its ok to be driving below the limit in the overtaking lane, as long as the driver is making decent progress in overtaking cars in the driving lane.

Taking a mile to overtake a single car just isn't on for instance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭AugustusMaximus

So that's why I think the OP (or the poster who was undertaking) is wrong to be overtaking. Because it could be argued that normally its safe etc but if we had been travelling even 5km/h faster god only knows what would of happened.

Undertaking had little to do with what happened to your sister.

It was mainly due to a wreckless lane change by the other driver. The same would have happened if the other driver was in the overtaking lane and vica versa.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭rohatch

Undertaking had little to do with what happened to your sister.

It was mainly due to a wreckless lane change by the other driver. The same would have happened if the other driver was in the overtaking lane and vica versa.

How many times have we seen the idiot sitting in the overtaking lane with nobody inside.

You go to undertake and they speed up, which suggests they knew you were there to begin with, they knew they were in the wrong lane. I have seen people undertake, other car speeds up, they approach another car in the inside lane and 1 of them plays chicken with the other and forces the other out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭bazzachazza

rohatch wrote: »
    How many times have we seen the idiot sitting in the overtaking lane with nobody inside.

You go to undertake and they speed up, which suggests they knew you were there to begin with, they knew they were in the wrong lane. I have seen people undertake, other car speeds up, they approach another car in the inside lane and 1 of them plays chicken with the other and forces the other out.

In that circumstance I just give up pull into the driving lane behind them and match their speed waiting for someone else to try and get the fecker to move over. No point in stressing yourself which can cause you to do something stupid.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12 adzer086

Magnus wrote: »
    Driving down to Clare yesterday I saw maybe 5 one-eyed cars. Amazing.

One eyed cars !!! How about no-eyed cars. Is a bleeding disgrace watching the amount of people that pour out of Dundrum SC,heading towards the M50 with no lights . I head towards there on my way home from work and i just cant get over the amount of people driving around with no lights on.I wouldnt mind but there are two Guards standing at the exit all day ,every day for operation "Go Slow'' .....Its bad enough we only get about six hours of daylight during the winter! The law on what time you should have your lights on needs serious sorting out!!

Advertisement