Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does it get better?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 458 ✭✭fuelinjection

The-Rigger wrote: »
    In my experience OP, no, it doesn't.

I usually only give shows an episode or two to grab my attention however Due to the insane hype, I watched the entire first season (and by god do those episodes drag).

You have no soul dude.

That or you were one of the scriptwriters for Desperate Housewives. Or Sex in the City. You choose.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Desperate Houswives I suppose.

The-Rigger wrote: »
    Desperate Houswives I suppose.

Well at least you admitted it.
    It's the first step to recovery I have been told.

p.s. who is mister big ? (errr just realised mister big was a sex and the city thing, what a genius comment i just made)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Dandelion6

I still remember the first scene so well.
    ---
    "I've gotta ask you: if every time Snot Boogie would grab the money and run away... why'd you even let him in the game?"
    "What?"
    "Well, if every time, Snot Boogie stole the money, why'd you let him play?"
    "Got to. It's America, man."

FWIW this dialogue actually happened in real life.. it's mentioned in David Simon's Homicide book (which every Wire fan should read!).

Dandelion6 wrote: »
    David Simon's Homicide book (which every Wire fan should read!).

FWIW I have that same book about 2 metres away from me. I am dying to read it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Finished that book the other day, excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,722 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

Dandelion6 wrote: »
    FWIW this dialogue actually happened in real life.. it's mentioned in David Simon's Homicide book (which every Wire fan should read!).

I bought it about 6months ago, read the 1st 10-15pages and put it down. I found it hard to get into it (like the Wire I suppose).

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭Mensch Maschine

Certain people are drawn to The Wire. The Wire doesn't insult your intelligence like a lot of Hollywood T.V. shows. The show is based upon good writing, a solid cast and needs not rely on fancy gimmickery, CGI or special effects. Just good storytelling performed by excellent actors.

Advertisement