Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Colts V Patriots Thread, Brady Vs Manning Thread

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

eagle eye wrote: »
    If thats a genuine comment fair enough, if not I have no problem going back quoting my posts for you.

See I knew you just can't let it go.

Stop trying to justify your posts all the time. You are quickly becoming one of these types of posters who always has to get the last word and try make it look to the rest of the world your opinion is the only opinion and you are always right. My suggestion just let it go because whether you quote yourself or not I'm not going to respond because the minute you called my posts a rant and said I didn't read yours you lost my interest because this isn't the first time you showed total lack of respect for other posts in response to yours in aid of making yourself look right.

Sure go ahead and quote yourself I really don't care if you want to waste all that time for nothing. If it makes you feel better go for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 261 ✭✭TheHeadhunter

You are quickly becoming one of these types of posters who always has to get the last word and try make it look to the rest of the world your opinion is the only opinion and you are always right..

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭frostie500

Just reading the posts today but something stuck out for me.
    Eagle Eye you dont blame Tom Brady for the losses the Pats have had this year yet you do blame an inferior quaterback, in your opinion, Peyton Manning for the losses that the Colts have had in the past? Care to explain this oversight?

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Gisty

frostie500 wrote: »
    Eagle Eye you dont blame Tom Brady for the losses the Pats have had this year yet you do blame an inferior quaterback, in your opinion, Peyton Manning for the losses that the Colts have had in the past? Care to explain this oversight?

He's a Pats fan. They're like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭_Buck Rogers

Gisty wrote: »
    He's a Pats fan. They're like that.

Not all pats fans are, but he is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,860 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Thats a loaded question Frostie. I'm not going to answer it but I will clear something up for you.

I was discussing Mannings whole career, but particularly his postseason record. I was asked would I blame him for a Colts postseason loss and I said yes. That game would be the AFCCG in 2003 against the Pats. Manning was atrocious that day, he had two good drives but for the rest of the time he couldn't find a receiver and got intercepted 4 times, and there were plenty of 3 and outs too.
    The Colts D stood up that day and held us to one touchdown, Manning has to take that loss all by himself.

I was discussing Tom Brady's season to date not his whole career. Brady has had a couple of stinkers in his career but they were regular season games and the Patriots would probably have been something like 7-1 or 10-2 when they happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭frostie500

Thats a loaded question Frostie. I'm not going to answer it but I will clear something up for you.

I was discussing Mannings whole career, but particularly his postseason record. I was asked would I blame him for a Colts postseason loss and I said yes. That game would be the AFCCG in 2003 against the Pats. Manning was atrocious that day, he had two good drives but for the rest of the time he couldn't find a receiver and got intercepted 4 times, and there were plenty of 3 and outs too.
    The Colts D stood up that day and held us to one touchdown, Manning has to take that loss all by himself.

I was discussing Tom Brady's season to date not his whole career. Brady has had a couple of stinkers in his career but they were regular season games and the Patriots would probably have been something like 7-1 or 10-2 when they happened.
    I hadnt intended it to be a loaded question, I honestly feel that you have a bias towards the Colts, and I doubt I'm alone in thinking that. I was merly trying to show you that there are contridictions in recent postings by yourself and as a result trying to find out if it was an oversight or else could you explain why you feel differently about the players.

However you were asked:"Are you saying Manning was the reason they lost it the other years?"
    To which your reply was:
    Yes.

So while you may think you were only asked about one isolated game you were asked about considerably more games then a single poor outing in a championship game.

You have said elsewhere that Brady has struggled because of a poor line and poor defensive play whereas when Manning has failed its all on him. Manning has had all world recievers in the form of Harrison and Wayne but his line and running back play hasnt been of the same ability so I dont see why there would a discrepency in your viewpoint on the two QBs and their performances.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,860 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

You have said elsewhere that Brady has struggled because of a poor line and poor defensive play whereas when Manning has failed its all on him. Manning has had all world recievers in the form of Harrison and Wayne but his line and running back play hasnt been of the same ability so I dont see why there would a discrepency in your viewpoint on the two QBs and their performances.
    I'm talking about Brady this season not over his career and not about one game either. I did say he had to take a lot of the blame for the loss to Denver.
    I never said anywhere that Brady's problems were because of the D, thats ludicrous.

You can compare Brady and Manning with somebody else, I've said my bit on that, the one unanswered question in that thread has been addressed here now.

Advertisement