Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The "live as it happens" Budget comment thread....

Options
1232425262729»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Because jobs attract different wages!

If you think TDs earn too much join the queue!

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭tudlytops

efb wrote: »
    I live in the country too (work is only two hours away!) Where do you live that has no access at all to buses?

Actually there are a few places.

Our cottage is in Meenoline North, Co. limerick, it's up on the hills, it would take me about an hours walk just to get to the main road and from there I have no idea how far i would have to walk to get the bus, and i can only imagine how long it would take to walk up on the way back.

I lived in Mongret Co. Limerick, there was 1 bus in the morning at 7.50 to late to start at 8 witch is the time many jobs start, one at lunch time and one around 4pm.
    None of this times would do to get to and from work, my daughter cycled in the summer to get to school but in the winter i drove her, and i can't cycle at all myself, it would land me a long time in Croom hospital if i tried.

the public transport is actually very bad to country villages and it's going to get worse.

Because jobs attract different wages!

If you think TDs earn too much join the queue!

"Because salaries attract different wages!" what does that mean?

Salaries and wages are two different things

Did you edited that, cause when i copied and pasted it was "Because salaries attract different wages! " not jobs attract different wages"

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭dustyrip

Are many unemployed people considering emigration? I am 100% getting out of this country, can't stand the fat Irish girls either:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

tudlytops wrote: »
    "Because salaries attract different wages!" what does that mean?

Salaries and wages are two different things

Did you edited that, cause when i copied and pasted it was "Because salaries attract different wages! " not jobs attract different wages"

yes because the words duplicated each other! I wanted to write what i had intended.

• Advertisement

yes because the words duplicated each other! I wanted to write what i had intended.

oh Ok, I was just wondering :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

Delta Kilo wrote: »
    What happened to Car Tax and College registration fees?
    I came here to ask those very two questions.

Someone mentioned that they saw no mention of it, which is what I've found so far too. So what happened there?? I can only see brief summary documents or balancing statements on the budget.gov.ie website, not detailed pinpointing of particular revenue/expenditure proposals or cutbacks.

I came here to ask those very two questions.

Someone mentioned that they saw no mention of it, which is what I've found so far too. So what happened there?? I can only see brief summary documents or balancing statements on the budget.gov.ie website, not detailed pinpointing of particular revenue/expenditure proposals or cutbacks.

read through the treads you'll find the link.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 TheCastlebar

Clearly thinks we can drink our way out of this.

VAT should have gone down more.

Car scrappage scheme = good.

56 million to FAS is a waste.

John Gormley looks monumentally bored.

Gormleys Bar Dundalk already down 20 cent pints and shorts.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

tudlytops wrote: »
    read through the treads you'll find the link.
    I did a search and a partial read too. I have been following much of the thread. I can see no references to College Registration Fees. I don't think it's part of the core budget as the money goes directly to universities. But all I know is that essentially the govt./HEA tell colleges the maximum amount of registration fees they can charge based on the General Current Grants given to the universities. If the grant is reduced, the reg fee rises as seen with the budget a bit over a year ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31 mercedeslimos

I live in the country too (work is only two hours away!) Where do you live that has no access at all to buses?

i live in the wilds of county cork, three miles from the nearest house, fifteen miles from the nearest town and about fifty miles from cork city.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭RodgerTheDoger

dustyrip wrote: »
    Are many unemployed people considering emigration? I am 100% getting out of this country, can't stand the fat Irish girls either:)

I am not even unemployed and I am thinking of getting out of this economy, I have been working as a contractor for the Central Bank here in Dublin. I have been offered a job in Belfast with another Financial institution which is to start in the New Year. The State of the country is something I would not normally consider when it comes to a career move, but I cannot trust this government!

Also fat irish girls? Irish girls are awesome! Actually all girls are awesome, big or small I love them all ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭RodgerTheDoger

i live in the wilds of county cork, three miles from the nearest house, fifteen miles from the nearest town and about fifty miles from cork city.

OK I am not sure I can believe this? I am from Donegal, I do live in a remote area or did, I was about 7 miles from the nearest town, but I was really only 4 miles from a road where a bus travelled on.

Where in Cork do you live?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭Anouilh

I am not even unemployed and I am thinking of getting out of this economy, I have been working as a contractor for the Central Bank here in Dublin. I have been offered a job in Belfast with another Financial institution which is to start in the New Year. The State of the country is something I would not normally consider when it comes to a career move, but I cannot trust this government!

I have decided to try positive thinking. Everybody cannot leave so sitting down and working out a strategy for weathering this recession might be helpful?

Operation "Home Baking" is about to start here.

I knew things were looking pear-shaped when the price of a packet of biscuits caused stress recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭Pharaoh1

On item for next year that has not got much coverage is the proposed "social levy" ( I think thats what the minister called it)
    He agreed that the PRSI/Health Levy system has become a mess and needs to be simplified.
    I think it would be a positive to have say the employed and self employed pay the same rate (PRSI or Social Levy) and have the same entitlements instead of the current system.

One group who maybe should be worried are the 100,000+ public servants and semi state employees who pay PRSI at a rate of less than 1%.
    If we do combine all the current charges into one single rate they could end up paying another 3 or 4%.
    I'm not sure the old trick of giving a pay increase to compensate for this would be posssible in the current climate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 james231m

hi ppl i am looking for sum support off the ppl in ireland i am looking to get ppls votes and comments abt the buget
    like most ppl i am on a low in-come and am bit pissed off over the cuts in the buget i want to get ever 1s comment and vote saying if this buget is a bad plan so that i can get them all printed out and get them sent to the grovrment to try stop all this going a head if ever 1 in ireland stands up and stops this then they can let it go ahead

not like it boders them in the grovrment on there high wages i would like to see them try go a week on 200 euro sure what can u buy out that now days soon as ya pay ur rent it all just gone

like what is 30000 out of 200000 not like yad miss it what is that nerly 2grand a week of a wages its not right ppl in ireland plz get in contact and we all try figth this

email me on help.ireland@gmail.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭deadhead13

Things are getting a bit lively in the Dail debate. The Green's Paul Gogerty is using some very unparliamentary language.

"Fuck you, Emmet Stagg. Fuck you"!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 710 ✭✭✭makl

What a man!
    #
    And Lucinda Creighton comin all out with that diatribe anythin to gain off this what an idiot!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

Which is something im sure Mr. Morgan has a lot of experience in doing.

Congratulations . . .
    thats_the_joke.jpg

Advertisement