Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Week 13

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

A word of commiserations for EJ Henderson who broke his leg in the Vikings - Cardinals match last night. Really was a horrible injury to see, one of the worst Ive seen in years. Hope it doesnt end his career and he can get back on the field sometime next season.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,898 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I love these Monday night games more than ever since Gruden joined the commentary team.
    I'm betting tonight, I've split it between the Ravens +3.5 and the over which is 43. I really like both of those so I thought to myself split the bet 50/50 and you can lose one and only lose a couple of euro. Really looking forward to a great game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

My stream's just after going off and asking for a password. Has anyone got another stream could they please please please Pm me.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭theothers108

SantryRed wrote: »
    My stream's just after going off and asking for a password. Has anyone got another stream could they please please please Pm me.

the password is password

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Guessed the password. All's good.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭InKonspikuou2

They're both killing themselves with the penalties.

And finally a td.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

Fantastic.
    Game started of well with 2 good drives by Packers and Ravens (until the fumble) then it got really turgid.
    Packer look a lock for the win bar a miracle comeback. Delighted with how the half ended. Just have to bring it home

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭Lands Leaving

Loving this game... mainly because I need rodgers to get at least 5 more points in fantasy than ray rice to get into the playoffs! :D

Packers look pretty fantastic, even with the ravens just scoring.

Lambeau Leap was very funny.

Ugh, why does this always happen.

• Advertisement

That was two fantastic plays by Rogers to get that touchdown. I still feel this game is gonna all the way to the wire though, it just has that feel about it.

I know I've already said it in this thread but Gruden is just so superior as a color commentator to anybody else doing the job right now, even Collinsworth who is excellent.

Whoop!
    Terrible by Flaco there, should never have thrown that across the endzone.

That should be it but not going to say never with the way this game has gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭dougal

The Cardinals are of course capable of great performances such as last night, and will win it this year, but we dont know if Warner will be back next year or not, and with Gore, Willis, Crabtree, Vernon Davis etc. a year more mature in the league, I feel they will be stronger than Arizona

If SF had the kind of QB production they are getting now from Smith throughout the year they would easily be well in the wildcard hunt and challenging the Cardinals

I think you are wildly over estimating the skills of Alex Smith - he couldn't even get it done Sunday against a poor Seahawks team even though the 49ers season depended on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

dougal wrote: »
    I think you are wildly over estimating the skills of Alex Smith - he couldn't even get it done Sunday against a poor Seahawks team even though the 49ers season depended on it.

Smith wasn't the reason the 49ers lost to the Seahawks bad play calling was. Smith went for 27/45 320 2Tds and Gore only had 9 carries in the game. Had the 49ers ran the ball more they would have won the game. For some reason the Offensive Coord or Singletary decided not to run the ball at all. 12 attempts on the ground is why they lost. The 49ers running game is actually solid enough and watching the review shows no one can understand why the 49ers didn't run the ball more especially when Smith was playing so well.

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭dougal

Smith wasn't the reason the 49ers lost to the Seahawks bad play calling was. Smith went for 27/45 320 2Tds and Gore only had 9 carries in the game. Had the 49ers ran the ball more they would have won the game. For some reason the Offensive Coord or Singletary decided not to run the ball at all. 12 attempts on the ground is why they lost. The 49ers running game is actually solid enough and watching the review shows no one can understand why the 49ers didn't run the ball more especially when Smith was playing so well.

True their coaching has been terrible all season. Gore only had 25 yards and a fumble though so he wasn't being very effective.

Smith wasn't the reason they lost but if he is going to be the QB to take this team to the playoffs he is going to have to make plays when it matters.
    Look they have a soft division with only the Cardinals who they beat already to aim for and yet they are 3 games behind.
    To say that they are going to win the division next year based on the improved play of Alex Smith is a huge reach.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 514 ✭✭✭Chanandler Bong

dougal wrote: »
    True their coaching has been terrible all season. Gore only had 25 yards and a fumble though so he wasn't being very effective.

Smith wasn't the reason they lost but if he is going to be the QB to take this team to the playoffs he is going to have to make plays when it matters.
    Look they have a soft division with only the Cardinals who they beat already to aim for and yet they are 3 games behind.
    To say that they are going to win the division next year based on the improved play of Alex Smith is a huge reach.

I didn't say that Smith is going to carry the team, but that he can be a functional part of that Offence, with a premiere Running Back and Tight End, talented young receivers in Crabtree and Morgan, and a solid defence.

I have no trouble seeing them take the Cardinals next year

Advertisement