Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Week 13

Options
  • 06-12-2009 10:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭

Thought I would start this thread since no one has.

Where the fook is the Patriots Secondary two games in a row where our Secondary is letting us down.

On a another note that Raiders/Steelers game is a cracker. Gradkowski is have a cracker of a game. Very close affair.

Vick gets a pair of TDs one on the ground and one in the air........

Looks like Skins going to hand the Saints their first defeat.

Colts stills perfect.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,716 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Dolphins beat the Pats :mad:
    Grad hits a late TD to beat the Steelers :D
    Saints driving 7 points down with over a minute on the clock!

Some cracking games so far today!

EDIT: Brees 53yd TD to Meachem, 1:19 left on the clock

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

Mr. Guappa wrote: »
    Dolphins beat the Pats :mad:
    Grad hits a late TD to beat the Steelers :D
    Saints driving 7 points down with over a minute on the clock!

Some cracking games so far today!

Wow I spoke too soon about that Saints game fook me the Saints are definitely on fire. 30-30 1.19 to play.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

35points in the Raiders @ steelers 4th quarter says it all. Best finish to a game you'll get this season(outside of college). So happy for Gradkowski in his home town.

lol, redskins robbed by a bs overrule.

lol, redskins robbed by a bs overrule.

Conspiracy I tells ya conspiracy :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭frostie500

Only after hitting on the Saints Skins game, why are the Saints looking to get a touchdown in OT? I can see the Skins are tired etc but running up the gut is a dangerous play, ball security is an issue in a small field like they are in now. For God sake just kick the field goal when youre so close

frostie500 wrote: »
    Only after hitting on the Saints Skins game, why are the Saints looking to get a touchdown in OT? I can see the Skins are tired etc but running up the gut is a dangerous play, ball security is an issue in a small field like they are in now. For God sake just kick the field goal when youre so close

first game this season, might as well make it as easy as possible for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭frostie500

first game this season, might as well make it as easy as possible for him.

He brings out Hartley from 30 yards or so earlier in the drive. Then takes him back off the field and runs the ball a couple of times. I know it works out in the end etc. but if I was a Saints fan I'd have been screaming at the telly! It's good to see he has that much confidence in the O-line and the backs not to cough up the ball but its a risky call to keep running it when youre in that close. End of my Rant!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭_Buck Rogers

Have the colts ended the titans playoff dream. . . Likely:'(

Have the colts ended the titans playoff dream. . . Likely:'(

I'd say so. Titans need to win remaining games and hope other results go their way at this stage. Pity though it was a good wining run they went on. Young definitely got them going.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 319 ✭✭jamsieboy86

I feel sorry for anyone who didn't get to see the Saints-Skins game, one of the most amazing dramatic endings to a game I've ever seen. Delighted the Saints got the win, 12-0, Who Dat!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 offdechain

up pats

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭Its So Easy

A bit of a scuffle at the end of the half in the giants cowboys game. Is it wrong for me an eagles fan to hope for a giants win ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭InKonspikuou2

Chargers up 27-7 at the Browns. They ain't even playing overly great but the Browns are horrible. Gates has had some huge catches today.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

Where the fook is the Patriots Secondary two games in a row where our Secondary is letting us down.

Henne passes for 350 yards or so. Our secondary is a disgrace.

When I found out the result I went "F*CK!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭Sea Devils

Ughh that Gore fumble was just painful to watch. Again so far they're not prepared to play, particularly on offense. They just aren't mentally focused. If my team is attempting a secure a spot for the playoffs, I would expect a lot different.

Nice drive by Smith though just there. Would have had a TD if it wasn't for Davis dropping the ball and Crabtree dropped what looked like a catchable ball as well

• Registered Users Posts: 37,901 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

OMG Branch has been soooo bad since he left he Patriots. No excuse for not catching that ball which would surely have ended with a Seahawks win.

On Singletary and the niners, I have watched the whole game and I don't get it. They destroyed the Seahawks on the ground earlier this season, and so have so many other teams. Today Frank Gore has only got 9 carries today and a lot of them have been in short yardage situations. Its just seems ridiculous to me.

Looks like they just lost it now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 514 ✭✭✭Chanandler Bong

eagle eye wrote: »
    OMG Branch has been soooo bad since he left he Patriots. No excuse for not catching that ball which would surely have ended with a Seahawks win.

On Singletary and the niners, I have watched the whole game and I don't get it. They destroyed the Seahawks on the ground earlier this season, and so have so many other teams. Today Frank Gore has only got 9 carries today and a lot of them have been in short yardage situations. Its just seems ridiculous to me.

Looks like they just lost it now.

9 carries for Gore??, that loss is on Singletary IMO

Didnt see the game but it looks as though Smith is still looking well, they'll take that division next year

• Registered Users Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

It's the Packers vs the NFC east for the wild card now. 1 is going to miss out.
    Watching the final quarter of raiders game now during the break until SNF. Man I love gamepass.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭Sea Devils

We defintely should have run the ball more often but at least for once Alex Smith is looking good in the Spread offense The play that cost us that game though was that 3rd and 3 when Smith threw it deep into triple coverage with Morgan not even open and the ball almost intercepted. I don't know if that was designed to go deep or if Alex just made a bad decision but either way it cost the game.1/12 on 3rd downs and 9 dropped passes don't help either.

Tough loss. Very heartbreaking. We're still in this, but it'd take us basically winning the rest of the season and the Cards dropping around 3 games which would be a miracle.

• Advertisement

Anyone else notice FIVE's coverage is actually behind the live coverage. Its at least 30 seconds behind.

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭dougal

they'll take that division next year

lol - what makes you think that? They are still a long way behind the Cardinals and while Smith is getting better he still hasn't proven he can win in the crunch.

The Cardinals proved again last night that they are head and shoulders above every team in the NFC west and will clinch the division next Monday night.

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭raddo

Great win for the Fins!!
    Thought that the dolphins defence was great again but we are lacking a true WR and Ronnie Brown is a huge loss.
    Henne is really coming into his own and hopefully better recievers will help him even more.
    Wildcard place??? Maybe 12 months too early.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

It should be mentioned too that it was a great win for the Giants. The long touchdown runs by Jacobs and Hixon swung it for them. I was a little nervous at the end when the Giants took their foot off the brake but there wasn't much to worry about in the end.

The defensive shakeup really worked wonders yesterday. It definitely lit a spark under everybody, most especially Osi. The secondary was maybe a little shaky at times but they really knew how to shut down Barber. I certainly didn't mind them beating up on him even though he's on my fantasy teams. A clean sweep of the Cowboys is always ever so sweet. I hope they can keep the momentum going into next week when they face the Eagles.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭Morrisseeee

Just watched most of the weeks action on the NFL.com site. Some great games there and some upsets :eek:. Wow, how lucky were the Saints ? :eek:
    Whats happening to the Champs, the Steelers ? :eek: and............can either of the Chargers or the Broncos win the AFC title or SB ? :eek: The Chargers can win the division now, as they have an easier run in, but those bucking Broncos should at least get a wild-card and anything could happen (well, hopefully!!, I've €10 at 60/1 ;)).

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭DonkeyPokerTour

JJ wrote: »
    It should be mentioned too that it was a great win for the Giants. The long touchdown runs by Jacobs and Hixon swung it for them. I was a little nervous at the end when the Giants took their foot off the brake but there wasn't much to worry about in the end.

The defensive shakeup really worked wonders yesterday. It definitely lit a spark under everybody, most especially Osi. The secondary was maybe a little shaky at times but they really knew how to shut down Barber. I certainly didn't mind them beating up on him even though he's on my fantasy teams. A clean sweep of the Cowboys is always ever so sweet. I hope they can keep the momentum going into next week when they face the Eagles.

Great win by the Giants. Next week is a huge week for the NFC East. Any one of 3 teams could finish top of the Division Next week. The Giants play the Eagles and the Cowboys play the Chargers.

Current Table:
    Eagles 8-4 (3-1Div)
    Cowboys 8-4 (2-2Div)
    Giants 7-5 (3-1Div)

So next week:
    Giants Win, Cowboys win
    Cowboys 9-4 (2-2Div)
    Giants 8-5 (4-1Div)
    Eagles 8-5 (3-2Div)

Giants Win, Cowboys Lose
    Giants 8-5 (4-1Div)
    Eagles 8-5 (3-2Div)
    Cowboys 8-5 (2-2Div)

Eagles Win, Cowboys Win
    Eagles 9-4 (4-1Div)
    Cowboys 9-4 (2-2Div)
    Giants 7-6 (3-2Div)

Eagles Win, Cowboys Lose
    Eagles 9-4 (4-1Div)
    Cowboys 8-5 (2-2Div)
    Giants 7-6 (3-2Div)

The NFC east sure is close, it should make for an interesting run in. Also an interesting one for you, since 2004, the team that won the NFC east the previous season has missed the playoffs the following season 3 out of 4 times, the Giants won the NFC east last season!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,034 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

JJ wrote: »

I was bricking it when that on side kick attempt was recovered by Cowboys. I was thinking here we go again losing big leads. Our secondary is crap and will always give up big numbers to teams that bunch receivers. I couldn't understand the amount of time we had Witten was matched up by Can't Cover Brown.

Happy that our physicality was very good. We need the same effort next week and more against Eagles. We need to beat Eagles if we want to win division esp as Cowboys have San Diego which is a very hard game to call.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

I wasn't too worried when I saw the onside kick because a flag was thrown and it certainly looked like it went less than 10 yards. However, the Giants shouldn't taken their feet off the pedal the way they did.

That game made me think too that if there was a bonus point system, the Giants would've been more motivated to prevent Dallas from getting that last minute TD because they wouldn't want a division rival to get a losing bonus point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

shock win for the raiders!! Another great game for Gradkowski

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 514 ✭✭✭Chanandler Bong

dougal wrote: »
    lol - what makes you think that? They are still a long way behind the Cardinals and while Smith is getting better he still hasn't proven he can win in the crunch.

The Cardinals proved again last night that they are head and shoulders above every team in the NFC west and will clinch the division next Monday night.

The Cardinals are of course capable of great performances such as last night, and will win it this year, but we dont know if Warner will be back next year or not, and with Gore, Willis, Crabtree, Vernon Davis etc. a year more mature in the league, I feel they will be stronger than Arizona

If SF had the kind of QB production they are getting now from Smith throughout the year they would easily be well in the wildcard hunt and challenging the Cardinals

Advertisement