Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chuck Vs Tito Part 3

Options
  • 06-12-2009 7:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭

Wow is all i can say wasnt expecting Chuck to come back but by god he is not gonna wanna lose to tito and he wouldnt come back if he didnt think he could still do it. Bring on tuf 11!!!!!!!!!

What you guys think?????

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

ChucK to wim by KO rd 1.

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

I dont want to see Chuck fight again for his own sake.

Chuck has been chewing Dana's ear off for months about fighting again. One of Chucks ideas was to fight Kimbo!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 41 maharg92

rovert wrote: »
    I dont want to see Chuck fight again for his own sake.

i agree its just not healthy for him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭peter p

In my ideal world, chuck will beat the crap out of tito, then fights for the title, wins it,and retires the legend he is!

Never goin to happen i know, but does sound like some rocky s*!t:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭chordtype

Might just be me but I have no real interest in seeing this fight again. Neither guy is as good as they were. Yeah it'll do a decent buy rate but long term where does it go? Neither of these guys should be challenging for a title anytime soon IMO.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

Not really a fight I want to see but sure what can you do. I'm tired of them re-using coaches on the Ultimate fighter. They need coaches who have never done it or been in it. Fresh faces for god sake.

I'm dissappointed that they are going for Middleweights and Light Heavyweights. I think when they do two weight groups it de-values the Ultimate fighter tag. UFC needs Middleweights badly. Not to contend with Silva but just to provide good matches for all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭ginoginelli

Zero interest in the next tuf. Tito/chuck as coaches is a pisstake and an insult.

Starting to lose interest in the ufc after the last few shows too. Last night was embarrassing..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭Tones69

Zero interest in the next tuf. Tito/chuck as coaches is a pisstake and an insult.

Starting to lose interest in the ufc after the last few shows too. Last night was embarrassing..

ah well easy come easy go

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭peter p

Im just glad its not tito v griffin, which is wat i was actually expecting, cause that would be a **** series. Chuck just saved it for me.

Tones69 wrote: »
    ah well easy come easy go

Ill still probably watch them, as they have alot of great fighters, and put on some excellent fights. its just the whole ufc package and production is really starting to bug me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

I think that with the amount of injuries that they've had recently that the last thing that they want to do right now is to have two young possible title contenders tied up in this show for six months or however long it is

I'm not sure that I want to see Chuck fight again. I'd still fancy him against Tito though

Makes perfect sense really....

Both look past it(Chuck more so) and can't find a win anywhere, put them against each other, hey presto you now have one of them with a win in the bag and a main event sorted for the winner against whoever down the line

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

Why is having them as coaches an insult?

I can see how two of the most successful champions can be an insult alright:confused:

Why is having them as coaches an insult?

I can see how two of the most successful champions can be an insult alright:confused:

Two has-beens more like it. Dana has served us up a plate of ****, and not only expects us to eat it, but like it too. Do you really want to see these two on tuf? or fight again???

One of the reason the ufc have been so successful is that they have always listened carefully to the fans and tried to cater to them. I think over the past few months they have stopped listening and are being blinded by $$$ signs.

Tito and chuck 3 is a complete pisstake.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

Two has-beens more like it. Dana has served us up a plate of ****, and not only expects us to eat it, but like it too. Do you really want to see these two on tuf? or fight again???

One of the reason the ufc have been so successful is that they have always listened carefully to the fans and tried to cater to them. I think over the past few months they have stopped listening and are being blinded by $$$ signs.

Tito and chuck 3 is a complete pisstake.
    Hasbeens, they may be passed there time, but are you seriously trying to tell me that Tito couldn't further someone's wrestling game? Or chuck couldn't help somebody sprawl and get back to their feet.

Coaches don't have to be amazing fighters anymore or ever were, Look at Sean Thompkins what's he like 1-4 in mma?? I don't think greg Jackson even fought?

Knowledge is a great thing. Reflex's slow down. Not the way of how something is done

Thats not the point though. There are lots of great coaches out there who never fought. Id personally love to see tompkins/jackson as the coaches and see a whole new emphasis on training in the show. Unfortunatly the ufc brass probably would not be up for this as they think it woulnt sell.

My point is tito and chuck are now completely irrelevant. Chucks been knocked out god knows how many times and should be retired. The guy can barely speak anymore, do we really have to see him nyquiled up on another tuf?

Tito is a shameless self promoter who will do anything for a buck. His last fight was horrible and his excuses after really tainted his image even further.

Im just sick of the sight of both of them. MMA has evolved, their day has come and gone. The tuf formula is already wearing thin enough without having these two hacks back on it.

Im very surprised anybody actually wants to see this tbh.

Who would you suggest? They're really in a hole at the moment with fighters pulling out of fights left, right and centre, so I think that it makes perfect sense for them to put two non-title contenders on the show

And I think that the tv execs would be much more opposed to having guys like Jackson and Tompkins coach than the UFC would

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Fozzy wrote: »
    Who would you suggest?

The "internet" wants Hughes-Renzo. But Im sure you know how that goes. ;)

The "internet" wants Hughes-Renzo. But Im sure you know how that goes. ;)

Yeah, a guy who a tiny percentage of the audience knows. Spike would be thrilled

Although Renzo would be a great coach if he manages to get a few wins under his belt first

Fozzy wrote: »
    Who would you suggest? They're really in a hole at the moment with fighters pulling out of fights left, right and centre, so I think that it makes perfect sense for them to put two non-title contenders on the show

And I think that the tv execs would be much more opposed to having guys like Jackson and Tompkins coach than the UFC would

Id rather they changed the whole show, the format is very tired by now. As i said earlier id rather see jackson and tompkins/dellagrotte or someone like that, with the show taking a new direction..

As thats not going to happen maybe Hendo and Tito? At least at the end of it we would get a fresh match up and tito would hopefully get bisbing'd. The dynamic on the show could be entertaining too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭Tim_Murphy

Chuck is well past it at this stage, I'm betting on Tito all the way in this fight. :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭Lord Muck

It smells a bit like UFC are runnnig out off ideas with this show in fairness. The actuall pool of fighters they choose to compete is getting weaker every season, and now so is the coaches. The Tito v Chuck fights were brilliant, but both way past thier best in 2010. Its actually moving into the realms of dangerous for Chuck to be competting at UFC level. His last couple of looses have been particulary brutal.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭kid chaos

Chuck has been chewing Dana's ear off for months about fighting again. One of Chucks ideas was to fight Kimbo!!!

Imo that would be the biggest UFC PPV event ever

kid chaos wrote: »
    Imo that would be the biggest UFC PPV event ever

It would be huge. I want to see that fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭tooler7

Lads is this is what tuf is about??? Training the talent and who better than tito and chuck two lads that made ufc what it is today. Tito was the best coach i have ever seen when he was against ken he was out of this world and why not bring him back again. And def chuck is gonna be up for this challenge.

In my opinion if chuck is gonna win this fight he is gonna have to go back to his old ways and thats wrestling, over the years he developed heavy hands and was able to knock people out with one punch thats why he jst stood up but ufc has moved one people can see past thats now and he is to old to fight that way he has to go back to his wrestling and thats how he will beat tito he was always far more better than tito on the ground he just hasnt been showing it in the last few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭mark.leonard

Tim_Murphy wrote: »
    Chuck is well past it at this stage, I'm betting on Tito all the way in this fight. :cool:

I will take that bet Mad Dog!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭Tim_Murphy

I will take that bet Mad Dog!

I've already ten large down with somebody else I'm afraid. :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 syncsyncboot

I think a lot of people are a but confused here. TUF is a reality TV show. Anybody who has witnessed the last 3 will agree it's a just a Tv show - little training is shown - very few injuries are truly shown - there is more time given to pranks an shots of Tapout socks and feckin' boxers.

Therefore the idea of putting Tito VS. Chuck is perfect.

They are both undeniably massive draws. Very well known outside of MMA circles and both will be perfect for the TUF set up - or what UFC/ZUFFA wants from TUF .

Can't wait to see Tito's big Monkey-Nut-Slim Shady head talkin' nonsense - teaching people who to do damage from the guard and how to gas after a minute and a half.

Also we will see constant replays of Chuck's KO of the aformentioned Potota-Head-Muppet!

IT'S GUN' BE GREAT!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭Killme00

Tito's big Monkey-Nut-Slim Shady head

LOL thats brilliant

teaching people who to do damage from the guard and how to gas after a minute and a half.

I dont think you are giving the credit he deserves.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

teaching people who to do damage from the guard and how to gas after a minute and a half.
    Killme00 wrote: »
    LOL thats brilliant

I dont think you are giving the credit he deserves.

yeah, especially if you had watched before when he coached when it seemed his main focus was on cardio. If I remember correctly some fighters were even moaning about having too much cardio work and not enough other training.

Advertisement