Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Police are Now Confiscating DJ Laptops as "Evidence' for Illegal Parties-What's next?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭PatrickD32

Quiggers wrote: »
    Showing my age or distance from a proper club scene, but what is ALT

andrews lane theatre

http://www.andrewslane.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,791 ✭✭✭electrogrimey

Quiggers wrote: »
    Showing my age or distance from a proper club scene, but what is ALT

Andrews Lane Theatre, it's there down the lane opposite Keogh's off Dame Street.

Edit: Balls

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭Táck

SALT, i always called it Saint Andrews lane theatre. that was its original name when it first opened anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭jimi_t

Oh I do, the 515 nights and any international DJs coming in are usually good, and they sometimes have some good stuff in the Shaw alright, it just happens that as a student I always end up at the dance orientated student nights, like Antics, Trashed, Noize, Musik, C.U.N.T etc.

I'm a student as well - stop trying to legitimise listening to nonsense :D

Of those nights, the best one is that random Tuesday session with the cheap drink inside in the Village; and I'd still only go there because its a much less aggravating hunting grounds then dicey's/d2/coppers.

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭dubsbhoy

American police also shoot people on a regular basis, things are a bit different here.

Only cos they have no guns.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭g5fd6ow0hseima

I'd say an accurate guess at who goes to those ALT raves are 18 year old country people who've come up for college and see the posters and say 'ooh, a rave, I loove dance music, that David Guetta is great'.

No offence meant to country people on here.
    Im from Roscommon, but thanks, cheers for that one.

jimi_t wrote: »
    I'm a student as well - stop trying to legitimise listening to nonsense :D

Of those nights, the best one is that random Tuesday session with the cheap drink inside in the Village; and I'd still only go there because its a much less aggravating hunting grounds then dicey's/d2/coppers.
    Im also a student. Nowhere is any good. I live up in Dublin for college but ive given up going out during the week.

Crawdaddy for Antic is full of hipsters more concerned with their jeans and hair then going a bit mad... joke of a place.

The B. Shaw / Twisted Pepper isnt the worst for a friday though....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭jimi_t

Crawdaddy for Antic is full of hipsters more concerned with their jeans and hair then going a bit mad... joke of a place.

Still think that 515 in Tripod is the best on a Friday - unfortunately they get a lot of ****e in so its usually a once a fortnight affair at best (Sander Von Doorn, Japanese Popstars etc... Vs. the likes of Hawtin, Luciano, Dubfire). Kennedys is worth a mention bar for the fact that they have a ridiculous cover charge given the venue.

jimi_t wrote: »
    Still think that 515 in Tripod is the best on a Friday - unfortunately they get a lot of ****e in so its usually a once a fortnight affair at best (Sander Von Doorn, Japanese Popstars etc... Vs. the likes of Hawtin, Luciano, Dubfire). Kennedys is worth a mention bar for the fact that they have a ridiculous cover charge given the venue.

515 have great DJs in alright, but a lot of people, me included, can't afford a €25 cover charge, I'd like to see a night with good local DJs and cheap prices. Punch at the Good Bits is the best I've seen, but I hear it's just all the DJs' mates off their heads on legal coke...

but I hear it's just all the DJs' mates off their heads on legal coke...

I'd believe that alright

• Advertisement

but I hear it's just all the DJs' mates off their heads on legal coke...

giggle out loud...

i wouldnt solely associate that with just one event, in fairness.

Táck wrote: »
    giggle out loud...

i wouldnt solely associate that with just one event, in fairness.

True, most nights are just filled with the promoters' entrourage, but I'd choose a night full of pillheads than (legal) cokeheads anyday.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭D Audio Tripper

SALT has potential. well it did anyway. i seen james lavelle there and he was absolute rubbish

Worst set I've seen in years, he didn't know where the breaks/kicks were in half of his tunes even
    I seen Erol Alkan (I know your not fan!) in there and it was a good night, defo has potential as a venue

Worst set I've seen in years, he didn't know where the breaks/kicks were in half of his tunes even
    I seen Erol Alkan (I know your not fan!) in there and it was a good night, defo has potential as a venue

Saw him there as well, that was a great night.

i dont mind him really, its more the crowd he attracts im not too keen on.

Is this what you're referring to? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭D Audio Tripper

Yeah he did drop 'Alan Braxe&Fred Falke - Intro' in Space last summer after all ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Gerard McSorley

PatrickD32 wrote: »
    Hate psy-trance, would love to have permission to a warehouse or industrial estate to run a rave.

@ Tack, have you link to where read it.

Hard Dance / Tech Trance rave would attract a numerous amount of scum.
    Its a pity scum didnt get into linedancing and **** of with themselves turning up at all events they can drop pills too and not know anything about whos playing/tunes etc. Scenesters!

We ran a few raves during the Summer, great little outdoor spot...then a week or two after we done our last one, a few lads ran one in the same spot but with Hardhouse...and there was loads of trouble at it, plenty of fights, gear getting robbed and people abusing locals...the areas being closed off soon...

The first few we done were class...mostly just our mates, there til the next morning/aftenoon...since the recession came about there been alot more house partys and illegal raves...hopefully it stays that way :)

Is this what you're referring to? :D

yeah this is the type of **** im talking about
    http://3.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_kupc9cBuiL1qzzhzdo1_500.jpg
    and bowler hats...few too many of them for my liking.

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭dubsbhoy

a few lads ran one in the same spot but with Hardhouse...and there was loads of trouble at it, plenty of fights

Wouldn't be hardhouse without a few fights

::::::::illgetmycoat::::::::::

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Vitamin C

there was an illegal rave last weekend with the guts of 2 to 300 people in attendance. from what i've read, the garda done nothing but stop it and disperse the crowd. no fines, no nothing.

i dont think the irish gardai are a crime fighting force you could, lets say, set your watch by when it comes to implementing laws. some yes, but all, no.

I've been to a couple of raves that the Gardai broke up, they were years ago but all the gards said was call it a day folks and that was that. Not even a sniff of them taking gear, or even searching the punters, they knew we weren't harming anyone so they were actually quite sound....maybe that's just Wicklow Gardai compared to Dub ones?

yeah this is the type of **** im talking about
    http://3.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_kupc9cBuiL1qzzhzdo1_500.jpg
    and bowler hats...few too many of them for my liking.

Dead link, but I know what you're talking about. People care more about how the look these days than the music, including the DJs...(Only talking about the Dublin electro-house/indie-dance scene)

this is a prime example of the type of **** id expect to see at an erol alkan and or deadmaufive gig.
    http://www.ihatebryanboy.com/bryanboy/images2/062907_jonatan.jpg

the only thing that probably annoys me more is people wearing these, in a club...and as for the dj's that wear them, is it any wonder the crowds are going to ****e
    http://cdn2.ioffer.com/img/item/105/792/272/4QG7.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,245 ✭✭✭Fabio

there was an illegal rave last weekend with the guts of 2 to 300 people in attendance. from what i've read, the garda done nothing but stop it and disperse the crowd. no fines, no nothing.

i dont think the irish gardai are a crime fighting force you could, lets say, set your watch by when it comes to implementing laws. some yes, but all, no.

True that, the name itself translates to "keepers of the peace" so they don't HAVE to implement laws, just make sure that in general it's all nice and peaceful and I suppose that has it's advantages.

Advertisement