Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Black Tiger

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭trout

Black Tiger is one of my most favourite games. First game I ever finished on 10p. (followed by Double Dragon, and Robocop)

I didn't realise there were some remakes on newer consoles ... I'll have a busy weekend now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭corblimey

o1s1n wrote: »
    The coin mechanism will be there too. But it's just really for fun. You can turn freeplay on so you won't need to insert coins
    I've got a rake of old 10 pence pieces if you want them. A quid a pop :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,182 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

Love Black Tiger , first game I ever emulated years years ago too.
    BTW did you know that start a game , if you turn around , crouch and shoot a bit of the wall comes away and you get a bonus :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Lab_Mouse

BTW did you know that start a game , if you turn around , crouch and shoot a bit of the wall comes away and you get a bonus :)

the first of many including armour and extra lives:D

@corblimey nah your ok,im gonna be greedy and charge a euro a pop:D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Black Tiger and Wonderboy in Monsterland were my stalwarts when the money was low, 10p guaranteed to clear every time and piss everyone off that was waiting.
    Surely the greatest satisfaction was not clearing the game, it was the mumbled *fooker* as the waiting hoard took their 10p's up because of the wait.
    Stop all this flashback

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Dark Savior

Yeah,I would be like that on Rygar and Double Dragon.I miss the good old days in the small local arcade when I was about 14.Older kids playing Gun 'n Roses etc on the juke box,place full of "cool" teenagers smoking and me,using the elbow attack throughout all of Double Dragon on one 10p lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,587 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Yeah,I would be like that on Rygar and Double Dragon.I miss the good old days in the small local arcade when I was about 14.Older kids playing Gun 'n Roses etc on the juke box,place full of "cool" teenagers smoking and me,using the elbow attack throughout all of Double Dragon on one 10p lol.

It's sad really :( The arcade industry seemed to die out in this country over night.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

stop, Rygar (we called it Legendary Warrior I think) was class, loved the jumping onto the flying guys and that *ding* when you collected all the powerups.
    Kept all my lives until around level 14/16 then got destroyed, never cleared it

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Lab_Mouse

o1s1n wrote: »
    It's sad really :( The arcade industry seemed to die out in this country over night.

+1.

They just seem to have gone for the big cabs .ie racing car or dance games.No time for the humble platformers of old!

Advertisement