Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Weird, Wacky and Awesome World of the NFL - General Banter thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Fantastic news. A player of his quality should be playing week in, week out. Rex Ryan will be the happiest man in the world this morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

Apparently Peter King's tipping the Steelers to win the Super Bowl :eek:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/football/nfl/09/06/2010.predictions.2/index.html

Guy is actually quite a poor judge of the game. He's good at the player angle, but is poor when it comes to a knowledge of the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

Cannot see them winning the Superbowl. Dennis Dixon has the starting job and although he's decent, missing Roethlisberger for the few weeks is a vital loss imo. They'll do alright but winning the big one? Meh.

Cannot see them winning the Superbowl. Dennis Dixon has the starting job and although he's decent, missing Roethlisberger for the few weeks is a vital loss imo. They'll do alright but winning the big one? Meh.

They've a better chance of having a losing season than winning the SB, tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,854 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

davyjose wrote: »
    They've a better chance of having a losing season than winning the SB, tbh.
    Never rule them out, if they are 2-2 when Big Ben gets back they could be aweseme. A lot of pressure on Mendenhall this year but they are a very dangerous team to write off.

• Advertisement

With Roethlisberger I think they're dangerous but Dixon needs to be hot to get them going. If not, Batch'll have to play I'm guessing. Mendenhall's under pressure is right. Receivers are all right I suppose, Wallace will probably do well. They have to stop losing games they were capable of winning last year. I think Baltimore are the threat, that offense looks so good. If anything they'll have a middlin' or winning record.

eagle eye wrote: »
    Never rule them out, if they are 2-2 when Big Ben gets back they could be aweseme. A lot of pressure on Mendenhall this year but they are a very dangerous team to write off.

I'm not ruling them out, but picking them as Super Bowl winners is bizarre, IMO. Particularly for an "expert". I think King gets too wrapped up in his own make-believe stories sometimes.

(I do enjoy his articles though, partly for that very reason)

That author also has the Panthers at getting a Wildcard berth, I find that slightly odd as the Panthers seem a little worrisome at QB and that division will be difficult.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,446 ✭✭✭evil_seed

Ray Ray is even more of a legend now.

Lol @ Ray Lewis, brilliant!

I gotta say once again and I said it when it started but this thread was such a great idea.

Fair play to Hazys for starting it.

• Advertisement

eagle eye wrote: »
    Lol @ Ray Rice, brilliant!

I gotta say once again and I said it when it started but this thread was such a great idea.

Fair play to Hazys for starting it.

Ray Rice? Don't get it? :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭Dohnny Jepp

evil_seed wrote: »
    Ray Ray is even more of a legend now.

He can't be any more of a legend. He epitomises (spelling.... actually is it even a word:P) NFL for me!

Ray Rice? Don't get it? :o
    Dunno how I done that, I meant Ray Lewis of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,096 ✭✭✭Lirange

Reports coming through that Tom Brady was involved in an auto accident earlier this morning.

He's fine, he was unhurt. Went to practise later that day

Don't you EVER scare me like that again! :o

But Jesus Christ, would Tom Brady ever get his hair cut? I love the guy, but it just doesn't do anything for me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

Lirange wrote: »
    Reports coming through that Tom Brady was involved in an auto accident earlier this morning.

Many reports say he is fine and no damage. Good old rag the daily mail has a write up on it but more interestingly pics of brady and his car.

article-1310530-0B1B8AA4000005DC-394_634x434.jpg

article-1310530-0B1B6FBB000005DC-212_634x581.jpg

article-1310530-0B1B6E67000005DC-817_634x789.jpg

I wonder who was at fault.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

The other passanger was taken to hospital. I'd be suprised if the other passanger was seriously hurt, because you can't drive that fast on that part of Comm Ave. I'd say the cars took the brunt of the hit.

According to the News here, the other car came out in front of Tom. Altough the news obviously isnt going to say whos in the wrong but it seems the other guy was...hopefully the other guy is fine which i presume he is.

They found a picture of the other guys car!!!

jets.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Adam

so who's watching the game tonight?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,096 ✭✭✭Lirange

Hazys wrote: »
    The other passanger was taken to hospital. I'd be suprised if the other passanger was seriously hurt, because you can't drive that fast on that part of Comm Ave. I'd say the cars took the brunt of the hit.

There were passengers?

The driver of the other car had to be removed with the jaws of life so I'd gather that vehicle is in much worse shape than Tom's. Initial reports are that the driver of the minivan ran a red.

Lirange wrote: »
    Initial reports are that the driver of the minivan ran a red.

Even when he's not suited up, Brady draws encroachment. What a player.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

Archimedes wrote: »
    Even when he's not suited up, Brady draws encroachment. What a player.

Adding in the Jets pic above:

Personal Foul Defense, Roughing the Passer 15 yard penalty automatic 1st Down. Injury on the play Jets player down.

Looks like the other guy ran a red light and has many previous driving citations. The passenger in Rodrigues' car is in a serious condition.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/09/10/man-ticketed-in-tom-brady-crash-has-long-record-of-bad-driving/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Pat White a 2009 2nd round pick for the Dolphins signed with Kansas City Royals.

No question he's a talented athlete and is going to have a go at baseball

All the same, what a waste of a draft pick!

Hazys wrote: »

Big, big loss, but you could tell just by looking at how dejected he was coming off the field that it was a bad one. He had the look of someone who knew it was a long term injury. I'm guessing it's the same knee who tore the ACL last time round and that's how he knew.

Archimedes wrote: »
    Big, big loss, but you could tell just by looking at how dejected he was coming off the field that it was a bad one. He had the look of someone who knew it was a long term injury. I'm guessing it's the same knee who tore the ACL last time round and that's how he knew.

The look of a player who is considering retirement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭ArmCandyBaby

The C'mon Man this week was quite funny, the college play @ 50 secs being particularly hilarious!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,208 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Ryan Grant out for the year after his ankle injury.

[link]

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement