Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Final Fantasy song, Lewis Takes Action

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,365 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

No, it was most definitely This Is The Dream... that I heard. I don't know if This Lamb Sells Condos came up later, but it was most definitely This Is The Dream... that was over the intro sequence.

I wanted to hang on to hear if there was any other FF stuff later on, but alas, I have lost control of the remote since.

Apologies! The dream of Wim and Regine just popped on and i had missed the start. Lamb Sells Condos was on too. Such an odd choice of music. Get the remote back programme is a good laugh!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

Jesus, I wish to Christ whoever picks RTE's background and ad music would be put in charge of an actual music television program.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,289 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Seems Heartland has been released a little early on download :) Just downloaded it off Itunes so will go have a listen now! Woo!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Seems Heartland has been released a little early on download :) Just downloaded it off Itunes so will go have a listen now! Woo!
    Got an email about it myself and I thought "johnny_ultimate finally gets to listen!".

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,289 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Jim wrote: »
    Got an email about it myself and I thought "johnny_ultimate finally gets to listen!".

Ha! And I listened and loved it :) My first impressions are this is an album that demands good headphones - so many layers to each of the songs, barely paid much attention to much of the lyrics because there was so much going on musically!

• Advertisement

Looks like he will indeed be playing here! Whelans on March 18th. Booked tickets, but might be busy that night - hoping I'm not!

https://www.tickets.ie/secure/booking1.aspx?event=7VFU6

No booking fee here!

Smell you all on the 18th

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 abandinhope

Jesus, I wish to Christ whoever picks RTE's background and ad music would be put in charge of an actual music television program.

I know, at different times they've had Final Fantasy, the Arcade Fire and the Postal Services as a background for shows or for ads.

Wish they'd employ a couple of djs who aren't annoying as hell and who play some decent music at the same time.

So who's on for Thursday/Friday then?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

I pick music for the shows I edit (not saying what shows on here though ;)). Start me a petition and get me that show Jill!
    So who's on for Thursday/Friday then?

I'm heading on Friday myself. Looking forward to it, first time my girlfriend is getting to see Owen Pallett live.

• Advertisement

I'm heading on Thursday, tried to get a ticket for Friday as well but my accountant would never allow it (He's big, burely and owns a baseball and 6 bear like dogs).

Yup, Thursday too, only found out the other day there was a Friday one too. Can't wait though, should be typically great.

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭yevveh

I'm heading tonight as well. S'gonna be great!

Only a fe hours left! Can't wait now!

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭yevveh

Tonight's setlist for any curious souls going tomorrow:

1. E is for Estranged
    2. This is the Dream of Win and Regine
    3. The Man With No Ankles (I think)
    4. That's When The Audience Died
    5. Midnight Directives
    6. Keep the Dog Quiet > Mt. Alpentine
    7. The Great Elsewhere
    8. Lewis Takes Action
    9. He Poos Clouds
    10. Alpha Omega [Mountain Goats cover] (after about 1min he stopped cos the loop was messed up, he was just doing it totally off the cuff)
    11. Took You Two Years to Win My Heart (at my request :))
    12. Flare Gun
    13. The Butcher
    14. Many Lives 49MP
    15. Lewis Takes off His Shirt

Encore:
    16. Independence is No Solution
    17. Song Song Song
    18. Better Than Worse

Fantastic gig. Even better than the last time he was here. The sound was incredible, and the new songs sound fantastic live (as anyone who's seen them played on youtube)

Yup, loved it as usual. Owen was in a great mood, and fantastic to hear the new stuff live (E for Estranged and Lewis Takes Off His Shirt were nice ways to open and close the set). Cool lights too (very psychadelic :pac:). Was shocked to see another musician on stage with him (!) but his input was simply to back up and enhance what Owen was doing so it was all good :)

Only disappointment was the lack of of This Lamb Sells Condos (at least I'd heard that twice before live!) and Tryst with Mephistopheles, but otherwise another stellar gig from Mr. Pallett. Kind of wish I had tickets for tomorrow night too!

Would have love it if he'd finished the MG cover. Such a gret musican. It is a privilege to see him play.

Sounds like he was as great as usual.

Looking forward to tonight. Quite a double bill of gigs, Silver Mt. Zion last night and Owen Pallett tonight.
    :D

He was stunning alright. There are still tickets for tonight around, if anybodys playing with the idea, just picked one up myself.

Really great gig. Wish I could go tonight, but going to see Bill Burr instead. I was the one shouting "Yes! Yes! OH GOD YES!" when he asked if we wanted to hear a MG song :pac:

• Advertisement

Wow!

Stunning set last night. Topped his appearance in Whelan's last year in my book and the addition of Thomas Gill on stage is great.

We got This Lamb Sells Condos and The CN Tower Belongs to the Dead last night and - while the Thursday crowd might have got a Mountain Goats cover we got him finishing the set with a Mariah Carey cover - oh yeah!

My girlfriend knew a few of his songs but that was it, she was absolutely blown away by how talented he is, it's great to introduce someone to his music.

I can see this one being up there as one of the best gigs of the year for me come December.

Well you walk by, every night, talkin' sweet and lookin' fine...

lordgoat wrote: »
    Well you walk by, every night, talkin' sweet and lookin' fine...

It's a catchy tune!

Did you go to both nights?

Nah, just the first night Jeff, was well worth it, i loited on the steps and had a perfect view. Had free parking and then went to Eddie Rockets after all in all a pretty top night.

Seen him three/four times now over the years and i love how much he's grown in confidence and really puts his all into his songs.

The crowd had a bit more movement on Friday, but the man himself was on sharper form on Thursday, definitely. It was still a good night, but Thursday was perfect.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 mango addict

The crowd had a bit more movement on Friday, but the man himself was on sharper form on Thursday, definitely. It was still a good night, but Thursday was perfect.

agreed.

though i thought the crowd both nights was more subdued than previous gigs

Few pics I took from Thursday night if anyone is interested.

D02DCA02A01848B489EB93A3B4E4E4E6-800.jpg

729A9D4456FA4B1A8810B91B8E762EC5-800.jpg

4F9FB3F9E6984E3483096382389FACF1-800.jpg

684080246590446DAD919704C86B0CEB-800.jpg

B629CD82FB20484B8C17BFEA27E832CD-800.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 abandinhope

Excellent pictures!

I managed to get a few videos... The sound is quite good even though the quality of the video is pretty poor. Need a new camera!

Anyway, the videos are here.

Advertisement