Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The official Christmas FM thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,139 ✭✭✭✭DvB

First time since 2015 this has been the kick off song, and third time overall after 2011 & 2015....

Post edited by DvB on
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Definitely in the 'Sing like no one is listen and dance like no one is watching' zone..........'This year to save me from tears...............'

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

There's something special about it once the FM broadcast starts. 4 short weeks of comfort and joy!

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭pigtail33

I was just going to say the same thing. I have been listening in at lunch time for the last week or so, but today was extra special. I think the presenters up their game when it goes live on FM, they must get an extra buzz to see all the texts coming in too, which only started from today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,999 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

Tuned in briefly a short while ago. I was not in a position to listen to the launch at midday. Mike Ryan is presenting. He is someone that was involved a few years ago. I'm not sure if he was involved with Christmas FM over the last three years. He mentioned that Robbie Irwin (ex-RTE, now retired) did the opening. Robbie only got involved with the station in the last couple of years. I heard Grandma Got Run Over by a Reindeer!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,750 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I can hear it proudly blaring out the room next door to me in the office! ChristmasFM is back!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,750 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Emily Brew absolutely killing it on the 7-10pm spot tonight!

Great company for my walk. Weather is cool Christmas lights are popping up everywhere. It’s very very festive tonight!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,214 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

Forgot all about it, damn! could have played it on way home from work tonight.

First drive into work with Christmas FM in the car today... love it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭Jude13

Had it on while cooking last night, and throughout dinner. Love it!

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭BK5

Have it set to number 6 in the car, i give a work mate a lift in the mornings, she is going to get some land when she gets in and the Christmas tunes are blaring!!

Yep, was great to get in the car yesterday evening and this morning when get and dropping kids and having it on. Dial will not be touched for next few weeks.

I was talking to a work colleague in their '40s yesterday who had never heard of Christmas FM! In fairness, they had been working in London for a number of years.

I tuned in briefly this morning and heard "Gifting" Garvan and "Lapland" Laura! I heard Dana's It's Gonna be a Cold Cold Christmas. That's a bit of a gem that gets played every so often on Christmas FM.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,532 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I was listening in yesterday evening as I decorated gingerbread men, it was very festive, especially now that I have my Christmas tree up! 😁

I'm still not sure how I feel about the mix of charities, plus I see there is a good bit of overlap with the late late toy show appeal, which has already raised over €3.5million! I think I will save my money this year for smaller charities, especially those helping animals, as they never get the same level of publicity and support at all.

The Late Late Toy Show Appeal is a very recent addition to the show. It may indeed have a negative impact on Christmas FM's own efforts to raise funds, given the popularity of the former. It will be interesting to see how this pans out.

The Toy Show appeal started 2 years ago and didn't really take away from ChristmasFM total last 2 years, can't see this year being any different, there was a significant drop off in donations in the toy show appeal this year but still raised massive money.

Have listened in about 4 times since the go live and have managed to miss Dolly, Christmas shoes and Grampa!

It's only a matter of time thought.

I heard Dolly during the online period but not in the last 24 hours! I have not heard Christmas Shoes at all in the last month, but I don't mind that song! I did hear Grandma etc. yesterday, but it does not bother me too much. But Dolly's Holly Jolly Christmas.....😑

Heard grandma got run over by a reindeer this evening, but no Dolly or shoes yet so all is good so far. Haven't come across any outstanding slots yet either but that'll come, it's just luck really.

I've a drive to westport on Thursday home Friday that hopefully will maintain a strong enough signal to give me over 6 hours of Christmas FM... and whilst I'm sure to get a few predictable turkeys I reckon I'll get more crackers!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

tunning I’m on the app now

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,348 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Anyone else getting silence on FM? Across multiple frequencies here in Laois

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,014 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

I was listening in the car last night, all good! But I gmhad to move the car there about a half an hour ago, it's still tuned to XMAS but it was just crackly noise. Maybe they've moved frequencies though it seems unlikely.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭tscul32

Yep, silence here too, opened boards just to see if I was the only one.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,014 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Seems to be a known issue, they posted this on their Facebook page

Dolly finally got me when picking up kids earlier!

Was working Ok here in North Dublin about 2ish will be back in car in an hour or so hopefully still going Ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,003 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Someone forget the cardinal rule and now there's Gremlins in the system...

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

It’s back working in Dublin now

Was off when got in car however was back by the time I got home.

• Advertisement

Worked fine in the car for me this evening as well in south Dublin. I heard one of my favourites on Christmas FM that I do not hear anywhere else: Christmas Time by Bryan Adams. I also heard an old favourite that I had not heard last year - I Believe in Father Christmas by Greg Lake. Another interesting song that I heard was Rock and Roll Christmas by George Thorogood.

Advertisement