Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Worst pain you have ever experienced

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭Darksaga87

FearDark wrote: »
    I forgot to mention that I broke my banjo when I was about 19 on this girl, that was pretty bad at the time.

Scariest thing ever, thought i was gonna loose it, or loose the function of it.

Im not reading anymore of this thread, ive gone weak in the knees....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 whitestag13

a number of years ago i dropped a roll of paper for making envelopes on to my foot crushing it to the same level as my steele toecap boot..broke bones in the foot and loads of tissue damage..was off work 7 months

• Registered Users Posts: 33,854 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Waking up at 5am with the worst leg cramp you could ever have imagined. shooting pain and couldnt move was cramped for around 25 minutes I **** you not. Couldnt move and there were tears.

Was wondering were the f did that come from. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Rebel021

About 3 years ago I moved our 32inch crt from the front room to the bedroom by myself up the stairs and it was very heavy.
    The following day I kept on getting a pain just below my bellybutton which was only relieved when I went for a pee.

This went on for about 5 days so I went to A&E on a Saturday morning who said that it was a hernia and they booked me in for a consultation the following Tuesday.

Following morning got up a went for a poo as 1 does and nearly collapsed from the pain.

I had an abscess on my bowel and it broke.
    Spent a week in Michael's but the antibiotics they gave me really brought me down,crying for no reason but luckily they worked and I didn't need surgery.

• Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Rebel021

listermint wrote: »
    Waking up at 5am with the worst leg cramp you could ever have imagined. shooting pain and couldnt move was cramped for around 25 minutes I **** you not. Couldnt move and there were tears.

Was wondering were the f did that come from. :(
    Happened to me watching tv when I was a kid really painful.

I hate this thread.:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭Indubitable

Twas when I was four, was overwhelmed with pain though. Fell down a flight of stairs hit the hard kitchen floor with my head and my forehead split open. Very bloody, extremely painful.

I fell down the stairs and crashed into a table when i was four and then ran up the stairs again and repeated it for fun. I had a thick skull.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭Indubitable

Worst pain ever would have to be when I woke up halfway through penis reduction surgery. 22 inches was just too big

• Registered Users Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭Raekwon

KIDNEY STONES!! :(

Worst pain off all time, my clueless doc first diagnosed me with a mild kidney infection that morning, it was the night of my parents 25th wedding anniversary, i was in bed under anti-biotics, party happing with all the family downstairs, i went to the jacks . . . woke up after passing out on the floor . . . blood everywhere . . . i wont get into details. needless to say it was an anniversary the folks will never forget!

Ended up the longest day ever in the place where germs are born . . .(Beaumont hospital) :D

+1

Without a doubt the most painfully experience of my life. The South African doctor who treated me said that he suffered from them too and he put the pain ahead of being shot (which he said he experienced too) :eek: Yes, trying to squeeze a razor-sharp crystal out of a long (in my case very long :p) 'tube' designed only to pass liquids, is not much fun it has to be said.

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭friendface

daveco23 wrote: »
    This must be the winner
    Working in a pub one night, closing up, vaulted over the bar straight onto the end of a broom handle.
    Split my sack front to back, causing my plums to fall out to mid-thigh level.
    The last thing I remember before I passed out was being very surprised that they appeared to be green in colour.
    Have had two kids since so can assume all still in working order, but man that HURT.

This is why spoiler tags were invented. :eek:

The HORROR!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,082 ✭✭✭✭Spiritoftheseventies

Had my ears syringed once. Not pleasant.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭Erica<3

Worst pain ever would have to be when I woke up halfway through penis reduction surgery. 22 inches was just too big

Is that .22 inches? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 31,829 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Had my ears syringed once. Not pleasant.

That hurts like a bitch, you're full sure the pressure will result on your eardrums bursting!

Had a nasty cramp in my calf muscle. The sheer surprise of it coming on so quickly and the pain had me rolling around the bed as if I was shot.
    I am now always careful in the morning to stretch with my toes pointing up towards me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,082 ✭✭✭✭Spiritoftheseventies

mars bar wrote: »
    That hurts like a bitch, you're full sure the pressure will result on your eardrums bursting!

Had a nasty cramp in my calf muscle. The sheer surprise of it coming on so quickly and the pain had me rolling around the bed as if I was shot.
    I am now always careful in the morning to stretch with my toes pointing up towards me!
    Yeah got that too. The worst one of all is the occassion pain i get on instep of my right foot. Excruciating is not the word I'm looking for.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,114 ✭✭✭corkcomp

p*issing too close to an electric fence.. OUCH!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

a cramp with an aftermath of 3 days terrible leg pain :S

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭RocketFalls

A real bugger of an ear infection. Still remember it as the last time I cried out of sheer pain.
    Guy at school broke his neck once and walked up to the office to go home. Makes my hair stand on end just thinking about it. One dodgy movement and that's it. Paralysis or death. Possibly the luckiest person I know of.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,829 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Yeah got that too. The worst one of all is the occassion pain i get on instep of my right foot. Excruciating is not the word I'm looking for.

Had that too. Had my legs crossed when I was sitting on the couch and kinda pointed my toes too much and the pain!
    I was laughing and crying the same time and my dad was just said, "What's wrong with ya?". It was clear I was in quite some pain, the sweat was running off me.

Don't get much sympathy in our house!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

The worst pain I've ever had is probably when I've had the worst of my migraines...Proper migraine I'm talking about with localised throbbing searing headache that feels like someone's boring into your head with a drill...in my case accompanied by one sided numbness, nausea and if the pains in the left side of my head my words are all jumbled up. People who walk round work complaining that they 'have a migraine' get on my nerves.
    Childbirth has to get a mention there too...but that's a different kind of pain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 John_Cultane

I tore the skin between my foreskin and penis. Like a paper cut by 1000 and it bled a lot. It caught in the gap of somebodies teeth. Ended up needing to be circumcised as a result.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Blobby George

I tore the skin between my foreskin and penis. Like a paper cut by 1000 and it bled a lot. It caught in the gap of somebodies teeth. Ended up needing to be circumcised as a result.
    Tough break there John. Any problems since?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

ear infections, without a doubt
    constant 24h pain for three weeks, only mildly dulled by the strongest painkillers I could get a hold of

pain is one thing, but being that exhausted from it makes it a thousand times worse

• Registered Users Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

bluewolf wrote: »
    ear infections, without a doubt
    constant 24h pain for three weeks, only mildly dulled by the strongest painkillers I could get a hold of

pain is one thing, but being that exhausted from it makes it a thousand times worse

had that when was younger...not for as long but ffs did it hurt :S

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,362 ✭✭✭Sergeant

A tear of the old banjo string is a sore dose I would imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭FruitLover

22 inches was just too big

Yeah, that's what YORE MA tells me every night!

McChubbin wrote: »
    Getting fitted with an IUD.

You got fitted with explosives??

Jesus, you terrorists will go to some lengths... :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,153 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

About 5 minutes ago I was slamming my car door and I moved too soon. The edge of the door caught me full force on the kneecap.

I think it's borked. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 16,153 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

My kneecap is pretty sore too.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭tomplaya

FruitLover wrote: »
    You got fitted with explosives??

Jesus, you terrorists will go to some lengths... :pac:
    i think that you`re mistaking what SHE said with an I.E.D.(improvised explosive device).currently the weapon of choice being use by the taliban against the british /american forces in afghanistan.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭MJOR

migraine..... lasted three weeks ended up in the hospital

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Circumsized willy

The worst pain in my entire life, wouldn't wish it on anyone (except maybe my arch-nemesis - we all have that one guy). I was pissing fire for days on end. *shudders*

Even when I tore my hand apart I still taught to myself: "Well, at least mini-Duggy and the twins are okay!"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭hootietootie

episiotomy ouch ouch ouch

Advertisement