Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

People who cant fit into seats on a plane

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭consultech

the alcoholic and drug user (those last two can easily drop into a deep alcohol/drug sleep and not wake up to plane on fire and there's plenty of cases of drug users popping a few pills - as not all drug users are the stereotype and housewives can happily be pill poppers),

EH! You assume members of those groups are always "on", as in always drunk, drugged, etc... I think the point being made is that a morbidly obese person is a hinderence at all times.
    mentally disabled people aren't always with a carer- I know of at least three who don't travel with a carer

Ah, kinda makes sense now. Do you guys get out on trips often?

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭whatdoicare

consultech wrote: »
    'only place he can fit though? Most likely the check-in staff identified the fact that sitting him on the middle/inside wasn't a good idea, and him spilling over into the aisle, rather than onto a person was a lesser evil?
    Are you saying there was no way seats couldn't be swopped? :confused:

Are you saying there was no way seats couldn't be swopped? :confused:

:confused: Is that a double negative? I can't understand your point.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Seems the 2 seats behind him are empty :confused::confused:

EH! You assume members of those groups are always "on", as in always drunk, drugged, etc... I think the point being made is that a morbidly obese person is a hinderence at all times.
    You can't assume anything with alcoholics or drug users- you can't even assume that they'll stay sober/clean for an entire flight or that they were sober/clean getting on the flight, that's generally one of the worst parts about alcoholics and drug users- they don't operate on the rational side of things.

Ah, kinda makes sense now. Do you guys get out on trips often?

:D

I'll ignore this post as making personal attacks on people is against the rules.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭Peared

Best line of this entire thread... "I was toucing her flab by just being there."

Brilliant.

:confused: Is that a double negative? I can't understand your point.
    Oh, great stuff. I'll end our conversation then, seeing as you're having a tough time.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

Oh, great stuff. I'll end our conversation then, seeing as you're having a tough time.

He's not wrong ye know.

He's not wrong ye know.

:D I'm crying on the inside.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭congo_90

fat people. Its their own fault. Pilots must append 'heavy' when making call signs on the radio for such passengers.

I'd damn well charge em 2 seats. even 3 for the fooker who has to sit beside the fat fook.
    They're at least 3x the weight of a normal person at the size in the pic.
    If I was forced to sit beside a fat fook like that i'd make it so awkward i'd prolly be arrested

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭rohatch

DubLass wrote: »
    It seems its quite popular to make fun of overweight people but not underweight for some reason.

Underweight people have an illness, us fatties are just lazy and eat too much.
    Doc wrote: »
    He’s not just fat he looks to be about 7 foot tall as well. No way was he ever going to fit comfortably in one economy class seat.

that guy is huge, gotta be 7ft and 400 pounds+.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭brendansmith

Big smelly fat pr!ck is all that fat bollix is tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

I'm no Rolls Royce myself now, I could probably do with losing a stone or two, but at least I can damn well fit comfortably into seats on an airplane/bus/train etc.!!!

I'm under no illusions: it's all to do with me. I don't eat right, I don't sleep enough (haha, obviously if I'm posting on here at 3:25am!!!!!!!), etc. I get a good bit of excercise, ironically, but I counteract that by not eating during the day at all sometimes, then eating late, not sleeping and generally doing stupid things like that.

But that is just sick stuff. I actually thought it was a shot from a Ryanair flight I was on: I was coming back from Chelsea v. Man Utd there about a month ago (COME ON YOU BLUES!!!:D:D) and there was this guy on the flight, and he was like the guy in the photo on the O.P. He was huge. I've no idea how he fit into the seats on the Ryanair plane!!!:eek:

In short, I have some semblance of control over myself, and I would never let myself go that much, but anyone who would needs to seriously wake up and put the fúcking burger down!!!

:D I'm crying on the inside.

Don't you mean you're not crying on the outside?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭FruitLover

j1smithy wrote: »
    Have some compassion.

OK. Just as soon as that blubberball in the photo starts having compassion for the other passengers and flight attendants.
    It seems its quite popular to make fun of overweight people but not underweight for some reason.

Skinny people don't usually cause problems for other people.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭brendansmith

j1smithy wrote: »
    Have some compassionfruit.

Think i will. Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Gonzales

Id rather sit beside him than sit beside some smelly fecker

He may be smelly too, I can't tell from here. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭mink_man

poor guy...hahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahaha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭aDeener

the truly shocking thing about that image is how the plane managed to take off in the first place

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭aDeener

Last time I checked; The majority of wheelchair-bound individuals didn't voluntarily choose their affliction, all the while inflicting it on everyone else.

what about wheel chair bound individuals who are that way due to their own drink driving, they bloody well chose that!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

aDeener wrote: »
    the truly shocking thing about that image is how the plane managed to take off in the first place

It took off OK, but just ended up flying around in circles...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 195 ✭✭Astrogeek

To the comment that compared fat people to drug addicts and alcoholics, I thought you weren't allowed to fly if drunk or high? I've never seen it in person but that airport show on living usually shows some drunk not being allowing to fly.

Astrogeek wrote: »
    To the comment that compared fat people to drug addicts and alcoholics, I thought you weren't allowed to fly if drunk or high? I've never seen it in person but that airport show on living usually shows some drunk not being allowing to fly.

Most family members on one side of my family are alcoholics and pill poppers- they have no problem getting on the plane, especially on long trips to America (which they do often) - if you can carry yourself well and look like a middle/upper class person over the age of 30 then you'll get away with anything. I have one particular aunt who I can never tell if she's drunk or not and then I'll be informed that she just finished downing a bottle of JD and is starting on the beers but if you had asked me to judge, I'd have said she had maybe two beers max.
    Take notice of the people pulled on those shows- they're rowdy young 20 somethings/ stag/hen night crowd holding up the plane / football fans /dodgy looking illegal drug addicts who are probably mules and out and out looneys- the people I'm talking about are real functioning alcoholics, the type that live breath and sleep alcohol and prescription drug addicts. Unless you're living with these people there's no way you'll see past the tricks they've learned over the years.
    They're the ones who'll quietly slip into the deep sleep and not wake up to smoke, alarms or screams, happily blocking escape routes and people in seats- my uncle in particular usually asks for the exit seat in the middle of the plane as he's really tall and a good 18/19 stone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭Pedro K

ScumLord wrote: »
    If your sitting behind him he might act like a giant human airbag, Then all the doctors need to do is remove you from his arse after the plane crash.

That's not true entirely. I'm fairly sure the seats arm rest is somehwere in there too. So you'd have to hope you'd avoid that with your face! :)

Advertisement