Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nutritional Information

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

im gonna go right ahead and estimate that they are american sized portions. i never had a popcorn bucket that big, a cheeseburger stacked that high, nor the gulp sized cups. seriously, if those were 'normal' sizes here, we'd be damned.
    Everything in America is bigger, The large in clothes in america is like XXL over here, Absolutely massive. A large over here is like a small or medium in america.

Wonder if that has anything to do with food portions :D

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

despite the fact irelands in the guiness records for consuming the most calories from the average person, in the world

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭SoWatchaWant

That's sneaky alright, OP!

Obviously trying to win over some of the neurotic, fence sitting, calorie counting females. You know the type, the ones who share scones with each other, and don't get a Chinese but will take a bit of yours when you get it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭Maggie.23

They cheat you the opposite (?) way too - there's an ad for a kid's yogurt where the voiceover says one portion contains the same calcium as a glass of milk, but the tiny print on the screen says one portion = two pots.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Doc

Maggie.23 wrote: »
    They cheat you the opposite (?) way too - there's an ad for a kid's yogurt where the voiceover says one portion contains the same calcium as a glass of milk, but the tiny print on the screen says one portion = two pots.

This is what annoyed me. Why don’t they just sell things in single portions? If I was still hungry after eating one portion I can always have another but I should know that I have had two portions and not just one (or as Maggie said 1/2 a portion not just one).

• Advertisement
Advertisement