Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC, fans in Ireland and pro wrestling

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 553 ✭✭✭TheCandystripes

no offence but mma has a lot of gay looking moves as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 553 ✭✭✭TheCandystripes

PeakOutput wrote: »
    this is a ridicolous thread to be honest

i dont look down on wrestling because i like mma and think it is somehow threatened by pro wrestling

i look down on wrestling because its a never ending soap opera starring guys in lycra. its entertaining to watch once in a while for a few minutes but other than that its crap

you cant even compare it to ufc. just because people who are into actual martial arts also happen to be pro wrestlers(sometimes) dosnt mean anything accept they could make more money and get more fame doing that then fighting mma. up until now that is i guess.

i obviously agree pro wrestlers tend to be very athletic and some of the feats they do are impressive but as has been said numerous times already its not a sport. ufc is a sport, i like sports and i like ufc pro wrestling dosnt even come into it

ufc isnt a sport, its a mma promotion. same way wwe is just a promotion.

never ending soap opera? you mean wwe is a never ending soap opera. a promotion like roh has next to no storylines.

pro wrestling used to be a competitve and before the wwe exploded onto the scene in the 80's, wrestlers would have had to be pretty legit. in wwe nowdays a wrestler can be a poor wrestler but be popular and be champ but in a promotion like roh there is always a chance that a guy could come in and go against script and try make a name for himself. it be rare to happen but not unlikely. there is such thing as a good and a bad wrestling match like there is such thing as a good and bad wrestler. hulk hogan=bad, shelton benjamin, charlie haas, bryan danielson=quality.
    wrestling isn't a sport as i say more of a performance,

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

American Pro Wrestling and MMA have nothing in common. Japanese Pro Wrestling and MMA have things in common.

People who watch or train MMA couldn't care about Pro Wrestlling (for the most part, there is always going to be people who watch both) but I have found that the Pro Wrestling fans always bring this sh'te up. It seems like they want to prove something where as the other side couldn't give two sh'ts.

Pro Wrestling is for children. I watched it up until I was 13/14 and then that was it, I just don't see the appeal anymore. Should it still be called Pro Wrestling since most of the more famous 'wrestlers' can't even wrestle. I'm talking WWE here, not sure if the Japanese still have it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

Pro Wrestling is stunt acting that is great fun for kids but when adults are into it that's just embarrassing, i know that's stating the obvious but MMA in my world anyway is certainly not interested in pro wrestling.

MMA is real fighting that is fun for adults, Now sometimes these adults who follow WWE or whatever theatre is on try to justify there embarrassing hobby by trying to create this MMA /Pro wrestling link.

The links to MMA from japan are not there anymore, MMA is MMA and Pro wrestling is still kids stunt entertainment.

Enjoy both if you choose :o

Thread closes as its pointless and like beating a dead horse.

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement