Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭Riddickcule

Golf club proposal is a defo for me, although it seems pretty over ambitous if you ask me.
    Suprised to see no one has mentioned the new QBC.
    Can't make up my mind on that one, basically means you can't drive through Bray at all, however the traffic situation would drastically improve.
    Carlise project, i am praying that goes ahead, the ground is a kip and we need a new, small modern ground for our local LOI club.It deserves it aswell.
    Bray really needs a cinema imo, someone mentioned opposite the DART, could be a good idea but not really a good place for a cinema i feel.

I would like to see more community projects in Bray, for youth, unemployed etc. I don't want to sound nasty but there is a lot of scum roaming around Bray, and to top it off they've nothing to do all day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Pablo Sanchez

Golf club proposal is a defo for me, although it seems pretty over ambitous if you ask me.
    Suprised to see no one has mentioned the new QBC.
    Can't make up my mind on that one, basically means you can't drive through Bray at all, however the traffic situation would drastically improve.
    Carlise project, i am praying that goes ahead, the ground is a kip and we need a new, small modern ground for our local LOI club.It deserves it aswell.
    Bray really needs a cinema imo, someone mentioned opposite the DART, could be a good idea but not really a good place for a cinema i feel.

I would like to see more community projects in Bray, for youth, unemployed etc. I don't want to sound nasty but there is a lot of scum roaming around Bray, and to top it off they've nothing to do all day.

I would have to agree with you on all the above. The Pizarro golf club development would have changed the image of Bray completly, unfortunatly i cant see it happening for many many years. Once you see the Greystones Harbour finish i reckon they will take their queue to begin building on the golf course.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,341 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Consideration could be given to developing a vintage/heritage amusement arcade on the sea front as both Dawsons and the Fun Palace seem to have bitten the dust,

Sorry for the bump mods.

I was really sad today to see Dawsons is gone.
    I took my niece out to Bray for the first time, climbed the 'mountain' and then I'd promised her these wonderful waltzers and dodgems and ghost-train in Dawsons afterwards.
    And it's closed :mad: And the only arcade open is the rather nasty Starrs with 200+ 'put a Euro in and try to grab a cuddly toy' machines.

Really sorry to Dawsons gone, anyone know when/why it happened?

(I understand that for many locals it may have been a badly designed eyesore, but trust me, for many nonBray people it was part of what's good about Bray).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭Tippex

Sorry for the bump mods.

I was really sad today to see Dawsons is gone.
    I took my niece out to Bray for the first time, climbed the 'mountain' and then I'd promised her these wonderful waltzers and dodgems and ghost-train in Dawsons afterwards.
    And it's closed :mad: And the only arcade open is the rather nasty Starrs with 200+ 'put a Euro in and try to grab a cuddly toy' machines.

Really sorry to Dawsons gone, anyone know when/why it happened?

(I understand that for many locals it may have been a badly designed eyesore, but trust me, for many nonBray people it was part of what's good about Bray).

Dawsons is gone a good 2 years at this stage. It really is up to the council to start getting on top of things now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭vasch_ro

Johnnymcg wrote: »
    There are some really really good ideas here

http://www.braylionsclub.com/files/yes_we_can_09_-_master_copy.pdf

In an ideal world - here are some things I would like - some are easy, some are impossible

Ban chewing gum - It's a blight on our streets.

I'd like to see a tidy towns group formed that would work with businesses
    and residents groups

There is one Bray Tidy Towns they need volunteers
    there is also Bray Litter Task Force for official stakeholders (council, chamber etc)

I'd like to see a cinema built on the old cash and carry building opposite the DART
    Shop local group approached cinema operators no joy
    I'd like some public art on the seafront - mosaics maybe

I'd like better use made of the Harbour, Naylors Cove and The Dargle River Walk and The peoples park
    Bray Tidy towns are currently trying to develop a river walk on the Dargle River

I'd like to see the Florentine Centre development go ahead and the Golf Club development not to - however the Dargle River Walk should be improved

I'd like some kind of civic forum to encourage people of Bray to come up with ideas like the above and work on them in order to build a sense of pride in the town
    Not a bad idea ,however would it be supported , pride is in short supply

I'd like the Town Council to take action against owners of derelict sites.
    They do and are quite pro active in this regard

I'd like Iarnrod Eireann to clean up and maintain the DART station area

BTT towns have tidied up this area a number of times, people in Bray are DIRTY

Another bridge over the Dargle to reroute traffic would be a good idea
    I agree

A simple thing that I would like to see is a tidier library

A multicultural food festival

Contact Bray area Partnership Intercultural Dialogue Commitee and come along to a meeting get the ball rolling , I will help you if u want

• Advertisement
Advertisement