Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I need help choosing a fitness and nutrition course :-)

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 fionaspride

hey i would recommend you do the ncef course for your fitness instructors and then ur acsm or ace personal trainers course, these can be done at loads of loacations nationwide, the nct course is not recognised as good as this and you learn alot more in the other courses therefore you would be able to become a better instructor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Tico

hey eskimo,
    ive done the course you're doing in January among others such as other courses in gym instructing in college and also a nutrition course and sports psychology course. The one you've chosen is definitely the best one I've done so far, its very detailed and intense which would answer your question as to why there is other courses out there that take a year with more hours. Also its not one of these courses that just hands out qualifications for the money as im sure you'll agree happens in plenty of places which is why the majority of gym instructors/personal trainers don't know their arse from their elbow. The course concludes with tough and detailed exams so eradicates the wannabes. As regards the nutrition course I cant comment on whats best im afraid

• Closed Accounts Posts: 682 ✭✭✭eskimo

Tico wrote: »
    hey eskimo,
    ive done the course you're doing in January among others such as other courses in gym instructing in college and also a nutrition course and sports psychology course. The one you've chosen is definitely the best one I've done so far, its very detailed and intense which would answer your question as to why there is other courses out there that take a year with more hours. Also its not one of these courses that just hands out qualifications for the money as im sure you'll agree happens in plenty of places which is why the majority of gym instructors/personal trainers don't know their arse from their elbow. The course concludes with tough and detailed exams so eradicates the wannabes. As regards the nutrition course I cant comment on whats best im afraid

Thanks Tico :)

I've noticed that a lot of the fitness courses don't involve exams. I'm wondering is this a bad sign :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Tico

scary int it? :) in years to come i would hope that the job will be taken more seriously and maybe people will stop considering themselves to be gym instructors just because they read a few Muscle and Fitness magazines and told all their friends about it

Advertisement