Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Photos That Shook The World (Contains graphic images, may cause distress)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

Michael Keogh - Irishman who saved Hitler

Et8SyBc.jpg
    Keogh was duty officer at a Munich barracks when he was called to quell a riot that had erupted in a gym. What he saw was not exactly a fair fight.
    A crowd of some 200 soldiers was kicking the living daylights out of just two. Some of the attackers were brandishing bayonets. The two victims were about to die.
    Keogh ordered his men to fire a salvo over the heads of the mob. It did the trick. He dragged the two victims out of the gym "cut, bleeding and in need of the doctor".
    It was a measure of Hitler's madness that he had entered the hall to provoke a reaction from 200 troops, by hectoring them with views that were already openly hateful.
    As Keogh dragged him off to the guardroom for his own safety, the future fuhrer continued to spew angry comments.
    Once there, Keogh recalled: "The fellow with the moustache gave his name as Adolf Hitler. It was the Lance Corporal of Ligny. I would not have recognised him. He was thin and emaciated from his wounds."

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

didn't shake the world (at least not yet anyway)

BsICixqCQAAT17z.jpg

Israelis bring chairs to hilltop in Sderot overlooking Gaza. Clapping when blasts are heard.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

The father of a two year old boy's in absolute despair after having his head blown open. A fellow boardsie retweeted the uncensored image last night, and it's really struck a chord with me.... If you haven't seen it, I wouldn't be in a rush to find it. There's a lot of images within this thread that will upset or distress people, but this is the worst I've seen

And I'll say this, if this doesn't shake the world, then **** it, the world is broken.

israel.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

I seen that on FB earlier. Thanks for censoring it. Make ya puke. Shocking stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

10474037_702316859839915_1890600724750709748_n.jpg

Blazing fires burn across the heart of a city.

This is not Baghdad after a US airstrike. This is not Kosovo. This is not Cairo. This is not any war-torn city, with military action taking place.

This is Belfast, on the evening of the 12th of July. The fires of the Orange Order. The fires of sectarianism, hatred and apartheid. These fires of hate and racism rival the burning crosses of the KKK.

Effigies of Catholics, Sinn Féin/SDLP posters, Irish tricolours, etc. are all regularly burned atop these massive bonfires. These bonfires symbolise hatred and religious sectarianism.

Neither side is right. I have no love for the Republican sectarians in the North. I have no love for Sinn Féin. But the Loyalist/Unionist/Orange-Order side of the North had one thing that the Republican/Nationalist side did not; a huge groundswell of support from those in power in the North. Their actions were not sanctioned, but a greater blind eye was turned to them.

The fires of hatred, sectarianism and violence still burn strongly in the North, despite all the progress made in the past decades.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭gumbo1

Al Capwned wrote: »
    The father of a two year old boy's in absolute despair after having his head blown open. A fellow boardsie retweeted the uncensored image last night, and it's really struck a chord with me.... If you haven't seen it, I wouldn't be in a rush to find it. There's a lot of images within this thread that will upset or distress people, but this is the worst I've seen

Just Google dead palistinian child, (please dont do it) the first pic alone had me speechless!
    You are right, the world is fooked!

sorry for chat mods!

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭harvester of sorrow

^^^^^^^^^
    OMG
    Ive seen some bad **** on the web,but that takes the biscuit.

Fucking animals:mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

You'll tell your grandchildren where you were on this day.

SN+GM+Garth+6.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

gumbo1 wrote: »
    Just Google dead palistinian child, the first pic alone had me speechless!
    You are right, the world is fooked!

sorry for chat mods!
    I just did and I can't properly put into words how I feel. I think you're right and speechless sums it all up. I cannot begin to imagine how anyone in that situation deals with it.

DazMarz wrote: »
    10474037_702316859839915_1890600724750709748_n.jpg

Blazing fires burn across the heart of a city.

This is not Baghdad after a US airstrike. This is not Kosovo. This is not Cairo. This is not any war-torn city, with military action taking place.

This is Belfast, on the evening of the 12th of July. The fires of the Orange Order. The fires of sectarianism, hatred and apartheid. These fires of hate and racism rival the burning crosses of the KKK.

Effigies of Catholics, Sinn Féin/SDLP posters, Irish tricolours, etc. are all regularly burned atop these massive bonfires. These bonfires symbolise hatred and religious sectarianism.

Neither side is right. I have no love for the Republican sectarians in the North. I have no love for Sinn Féin. But the Loyalist/Unionist/Orange-Order side of the North had one thing that the Republican/Nationalist side did not; a huge groundswell of support from those in power in the North. Their actions were not sanctioned, but a greater blind eye was turned to them.

The fires of hatred, sectarianism and violence still burn strongly in the North, despite all the progress made in the past decades.

I'm sorry but that is just pure scum, scum would do things like that! in my eyes, thats no worse than the acts of the kkk

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭Rucking_Fetard

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭beks101

Dead Palestinian boy[/IMG]

I found a link to the video and it's the most distressing, upsetting video I've seen in a long time. A father's raw, unbridled grief.

Jesus christ.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

beks101 wrote: »
    I found a link to the video and it's the most distressing, upsetting video I've seen in a long time. A father's raw, unbridled grief.

Jesus christ.

Reality is harsh aint it

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Is it wrong that I find the picture of the Israelis more disturbing? Now take nothing away from the picture of that poor unfortunate wee sod but grown adults whooping and hollering at military blasts. Speechless, truly speechless.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

The Bath School Massacre is pretty disturbing reading. In 1927 it shared front page newspaper headlines at the time with Charles Lindbergh flight over the Atlantic. The massacre took the lives of 44 people (45 include the killer) of which 36 were children at a local school.

The murderer, Andrew Kehoe, left this message for the survivors. He murdered his wife who was stricken with TB, blew up their home, burned down their farm buildings with 2 horses trapped inside, blew up part of a school and then drove to the school as efforts were ongoing to save those trapped in the rubble or dying from the explosion and detonated explosives in his car, killing more people. He had filled the car with pieces of metal and other shrapnel, injuring and maiming others with deadly debris.

bath_kehoe-85b2b0f7da7e71f31ec8fee4e7973ad5bd383969-s3-c85.jpg

You can read more about it here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bath_School_disaster

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭Redpunto

razorblunt wrote: »
    Is it wrong that I find the picture of the Israelis more disturbing? Now take nothing away from the picture of that poor unfortunate wee sod but grown adults whooping and hollering at military blasts. Speechless, truly speechless.

yes

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 2,283 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chorcai

And I'll say this, if this doesn't shake the world, then **** it, the world is broken.

http://richardedmondson.net/2014/07/13/a-thousand-eyes-for-an-eye-a-thousand-teeth-for-a-tooth/#more-3974 *Uncensored image alert

namous_zpsc5b114f5.jpg

4-year-old Saher Abu Namous

Dont know how credible the site is

• Registered Users Posts: 2,319 ✭✭✭Chet T16

^Uncensored image alert

WTF is wrong with them, Gaza/Israel, like what are they fighting over, seems to be going on forever. In a paragraph WTF is their problem. Other than brainwashed stupidity.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭wolfpawnat

WTF is wrong with them, Gaza/Israel, like what are they fighting over, seems to be going on forever. In a paragraph WTF is their problem. Other than brainwashed stupidity.

Israel was founded after WWII by taking land belonging to Palestine and giving it to Jewish people who had suffered in Europe, since then they have taken more and more land for themselves causing Palestine to shrink and rebel. Years of fighting and biased media means both sides don't seem to have a clue what the story is anymore.

cropped-maps-53.jpg

• Advertisement

Can they not just take the last Green bits then and start rebuilding? I caught abit of the news and Hamas said something about not giving up until the blockades come down and they get electricity.

So can they not just call the whole fupping thing Isreal, pipe in water/electric and live happily ever after?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭wolfpawnat

Can they not just take the last Green bits then and start rebuilding? I caught abit of the news and Hamas said something about not giving up until the blockades come down and they get electricity.

So can they not just call the whole fupping thing Isreal, pipe in water/electric and live happily ever after?

But they are two entirely different ethnic groups, they will not see eye to eye, and in the eyes of the Palestinians, why should they be bullied off their land by what they see as foreigners. The Israelis are taking more and more land off the Palestinians, bulldozing homes, schools and hospitals to build their own settlements illegally according to the UN, and putting more Palestinians into a smaller and smaller area. They don't want to integrate with Palestinians, they want to eradicate them at this stage.

Population density of Palestine is generally high at 734 persons/ Km2 , particularly in Gaza Strip is 4,661 persons/km2 compared to lower population density in the West Bank at 481 persons/Km2 at mid 2013

http://english.pnn.ps/index.php/national/5156-population-of-palestine-at-mid-2013-is-4-42-million,-says-statistics-bureau

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

No, because the Palestinians would outnumber the Jews in less than a generation. If you allowed the exiles back they would already outnumber them.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 2,283 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chorcai

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10154354667560008&fref=nf

Chorcai wrote: »
    Oh very good. Such a complicated background, goes right back to the end of world War 1 really...:confused: (why did they have to find a Home for the Jews?

It's mentioned further down "Whereas recognition has thereby [i.e. by the Treaty of Sèvres] been given to the historical connection of the Jewish people with Palestine, and to the grounds for reconstituting their National Home in that country" they could have found their own way "home" or settled in Europe?)

I was skimming the wiki
    On 15 May 1947, the General Assembly of the newly formed United Nations resolved that a committee, United Nations Special Committee on Palestine (UNSCOP), be created "to prepare for consideration at the next regular session of the Assembly a report on the question of Palestine".[78] In the Report of the Committee dated 3 September 1947 to the UN General Assembly,[79] the majority of the Committee in Chapter VI proposed a plan to replace the British Mandate with "an independent Arab State, an independent Jewish State, and the City of Jerusalem ... the last to be under an International Trusteeship System".[80] On 29 November 1947, the General Assembly adopted a resolution recommending the adoption and implementation of the Plan of Partition with Economic Union as Resolution 181 (II).[81] The Plan attached to the resolution was essentially that proposed by the majority of the Committee in the Report of 3 September 1947.
    The Jewish Agency, which was the recognized representative of the Jewish community, accepted the plan, but the Arab League and Arab Higher Committee of Palestine rejected it.[82] On 1 December 1947, the Arab Higher Committee proclaimed a three-day strike, and Arab bands began attacking Jewish targets.[83] The Jews were initially on the defensive as civil war broke out, but gradually moved onto the offensive.[84] The Palestinian Arab economy collapsed and 250,000 Palestinian-Arabs fled or were expelled.[85]
    330px-Declaration_of_State_of_Israel_1948_2.jpg magnify-clip.png
    David Ben-Gurion proclaiming Israeli independence on 14 May 1948, below a portrait of Theodor Herzl
    On 14 May 1948, the day before the expiration of the British Mandate, David Ben-Gurion, the head of the Jewish Agency, declared "the establishment of a Jewish state in Eretz-Israel, to be known as the State of Israel".[86][87] The only reference in the text of the Declaration to the borders of the new state is the use of the term, Eretz-Israel.[88]
    This last sentence^^:eek:. Just asking for trouble. That link there 88 is a good read.

wolfpawnat wrote: »
    But they are two entirely different ethnic groups, they will not see eye to eye, and in the eyes of the Palestinians, why should they be bullied off their land by what they see as foreigners. The Israelis are taking more and more land off the Palestinians, bulldozing homes, schools and hospitals to build their own settlements illegally according to the UN, and putting more Palestinians into a smaller and smaller area. They don't want to integrate with Palestinians, they want to eradicate them at this stage.

http://english.pnn.ps/index.php/national/5156-population-of-palestine-at-mid-2013-is-4-42-million,-says-statistics-bureau
    No, because the Palestinians would outnumber the Jews in less than a generation. If you allowed the exiles back they would already outnumber them.
    They're off their land and it's too late to redraw a Map, Israel would just do what Palestain have done in the past, ie not happening. They can't keep going the way they have been, the people on the news/I read about just want to live their lives, would they really care about a constantly moving imaginary line in the Sand?

Since the UN kinda started this why do they do nothing/sit around while kids are blown up playing Football on a Beach?

You just need the next Generation to grow up together.

I'm probably talking out my arse, but if I'm so tired of looking at them fighting, how can they feel?

to me the Israeli's are just being greedy and just need to p*ss off, the 'bullied' have turned into a bully. you think with what happened to the people of their faith and religion, during the world war etc that they would cop the fcuk on after all this. The UN have provided evidence numerous of ti,e,s that they are pursuing land illegally in Palestine.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,232 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Thread isn't the place for this discussion, folks. Plenty of other places to discuss this. Thread is for pics only, so further discussion will be deleted. Thanks.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

Flight MH17 departed from Amsterdam for Kuala Lumpur but was shot down near the Ukraine & Russian border

Malaysia-plane.jpg

mh17-crash.jpg

aptopix_ukraine_plane-1.jpg

safe_image.php?d=AQBmYb_HmZA6KbGd&w=484&h=253&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.secretsofthefed.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2014%2F07%2FBsw-a6jIAAArNyp.jpg

url?sa=i&source=images&cd=&docid=j4KbxvxwWMix_M&tbnid=VqaziFIDbXLbXM:&ved=0CAUQjBw4Dw&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.thestar.com.my%2F~%2Fmedia%2FImages%2FTSOL%2FPhotos-Gallery%2FNation%2F2014%2F07%2F17%2FUKRAINEAVIATIONACCIDENTRUSSIAMALAYSIA191816%2FUKRAINEAVIATIONACCIDENTRUSSIAMALAYSIA192425%2FUKRAINEAVIATIONACCIDENTRUSSIAMALAYSIA192620%2FUKRAINEAVIATIONACCIDENTRUSSIAMALAYSIA191755.ashx&ei=t-HIU4emCa3A7AalwIGoAw&psig=AFQjCNHzRhmWU-S6xP36iLPBC616gGn1fw&ust=1405760311223990

• Advertisement

Flight data show Malaysian aircraft was 150 miles further east than usual when it fell from the sky over Ukraine

mhrEwUa.jpg

Airline traffic over Ukraine at 3:30PM EST today

ukraine.jpg

Advertisement