Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RTE: The Savage Eye

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,614 ✭✭✭ArtSmart

this Stand and Deliver is ok

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭inabina

Brilliant! David McSavage a genius! And the reality is, almost all of the content is completely true!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

The Garda pronounciation sketch was good too!

''Lose the ha-ha-tude''

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭inabina

humanji wrote: »
    There were a few laughs. But I think he's maybe too spot on with what he's saying. Granted it's nothing we don't already know, but it serves to depress you by pointing out all the ways we've been f*cked over and how little is likely to change. So you end up just getting angry and depressed rather than laughing. Or maybe that's just me. I find it a better version of Primetime.

yes but good for those corrupt politicians to be reminded of how they wrecked this country.

didnt see first half, so will check it out on player soon.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 644 ✭✭✭filthymcnasty

Mainly a re-hash of last season, methinks Mc Savage is running out of ideas.
    But still some funny bits, lose haha -itude, irish bloke in the dock and university of crime challenge was good, pat kenny impression was ****e

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

University Crime Challenge was my favourite bit.

Overall pretty decent, I'm being won over by the show (but I still dislike McSavage himself)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,039 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

2qk4u wrote: »
    Thats my first time to watch the savage eye and I found it quite entertaining. So stop ****in moaning, if you dont like it dont watch it..

If people don't like it, they are allowed to be critical. It is a discussion forum you know.

I liked it myself though.

anyone watching frontline? the response from FF TD was insanely similar to the Savage Eye parody. oh, you tube, if i knew how to use you!

made a thread, prob be deleted, but absolutely amazing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

ArtSmart wrote: »
    anyone watching frontline? the response from FF TD was insanely similar to the Savage Eye parody. oh, you tube, if i knew how to use you!

Yes!! Hilarious they way he responded talking about export growth of 6%!! That soon shut that audience guy up!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

I enjoyed it, git a good few laughs. At least its better than the other "comedy" rte commission!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭omahaid

keith16 wrote: »
    Yes!! Hilarious they way he responded talking about export growth of 6%!! That soon shut that audience guy up!

In fairness, the guy in the audience probably doesn't vote and is working class scum.

Also, the frontlines understanding of ratio's seems a bit flawed...I imagine savage eye are eagerly taking notes!

Cuts in Spending : Taxation

FF 2:1
    FG 3:1
    Labour 50:50!!!!!

Or 1:1

omahaid wrote: »
    In fairness, the guy in the audience probably doesn't vote and is working class scum.

He should f**k off!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,789 ✭✭✭Jack burton

ok does anybody know what the bit of music was when the 2 gardas on the crimline scetch were talking about a murder, its from a film or somthing and its annoying me so much I can think of what its from

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭mickeycav

music was from "Inception", inspiring stuff i thought

• Closed Accounts Posts: 785 ✭✭✭Shane10

i think he should cut out the "themes" and just have the sketches. as someone said they did seem to be done the last series. having said that there was some very funny bits, the singing courtroom was good. "your confused i was abused"(prob not right to laugh but in the dub accent was funny"). def the best comedy show gone out on RTE though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Didn't find it a rehash of last season at all.

The Courtroom opera was genius, loved that, as well as the FFF guy who fixed the road, it's so bloody true unfortunately.

I think the vox-boxes in between the sketches work well and are a good platform to go into the sketches from.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,928 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Shane10 wrote: »
    i think he should cut out the "themes" and just have the sketches. as someone said they did seem to be done the last series. having said that there was some very funny bits, the singing courtroom was good. "your confused i was abused"(prob not right to laugh but in the dub accent was funny"). def the best comedy show gone out on RTE though.
    \without the themes it would be just normal comedy show, it's the serious bits that make the comedy effective.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Watched most of and thought it was good. Have it set to record for next week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

It was good, not the best the show has been but I'm still looking forward to seeing the rest of the series. If he can match last series' Religion and Alcohol episodes then it'll be a success.

Highlights for me:
    Courtroom opera
    Snorts & Ladders
    Crime Challenge
    Priest Vs Scumbag

watched it again, priceless stuff..the running joke with the priest stealing the child has carried on nicely, the head on him on the luas! Ending song was very clever too. Mcsavage told george hook his next step is to write a movie. I think that would be very interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Galway K9

Theyre all very talented and just telling the truth as it is....with a style.

"Now listen here ya working class Scum bag!":D

the bull defending himself against the quuuaaaaares :pac::pac:!

ArtSmart wrote: »

I saw that was brill!!! The part when at start when asked and FF replies "i feel for you".....6% blah blah

Pricless!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

the bull defending himself against the quuuaaaaares :pac::pac:!

That was hilarious. I love the way they were making them out to be vampires :D

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

This government would happily provide saddles. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Colmo52

The University Of Crime Challenge

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,880 ✭✭✭jacool

Galway K9 wrote: »
    I saw that was brill!!! The part when at start when asked and FF replies "i feel for you".....6% blah blah

Pricless!
    I hope someone puts those 2 scenes up back-to-back.
    First the Savage Frontline and then the real one.
    When he mentioned GDP at 6% at least now we know what he wanted to say!! Love this show - the mother handing over the baby was class too !!

Advertisement