Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I got (not)scientology in my mailbox

Options
  • 23-11-2009 6:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭

So I woke up this afternoon and checked my mail on my way out for the night shift at work when quite a substantial number of flyers poured out of my mailbox. I quickly grabbed one stuffed it my pocket and dumped the rest in the bin.

Wasnt until I was on the bus did I dig it back out and looked at it.

Its a flyer for a scientology 2 day presentation...except the word scientology is not on it anywhere.

Instead we have HUBBARD DIANETICS The Modern Science of Mental Health.

anyway it seems the church is now a proven method to increase your mind's potential.

Thats like saying eating sacrifical bread is proven to help increase your defence against the *gay* disease...

*sigh*

but it seems the bad press on the church has led to it going incognito here in Ireland. Someone was telling me they also were one of the first groups to show up at the flooding in england handing out leaflets to the survivors (though cant find a youtube link of the news report :( ) which seems slightly weird.

anyway I'll scan a copy of the leaflet on when I get a chance so everyone can point and laugh if they wish to do so.

If you are interested of course like all things scientology you gotta pay.

And f*ck you very much firefox in telling me that I have to give scientology a capitol S, I rather not thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭giggsy664

Hehehe

Dianetics

• Closed Accounts Posts: 243 ✭✭WeWillBeReborn

Anything that people will only find out about because of someone putting an advertisement through their mailbox or on a car windscreen isn't worth going to IMO

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭robbie_998

and what do you want us to do about it ? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

robbie_998 wrote: »

talk about it if you are interested or go read something else if you are not

pics:

dianetics2.jpg
    dianetics1.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭citizen_p

scientology is stupid....a failed sci fi writer made a religion ....whoop di doo....

star wars religion is awsome though.....use the force

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭robbie_998

Mousey- wrote: »
    scientology is stupid....a failed sci fi writer made a religion ....whoop di doo....

star wars religion is awsome though.....use the force

surely you mean the fork ! :pac:

"most book stores" .. really ? so i could get a copy of this in Easons for €70 ?

i think the seminar is £70 not the book. though I wouldnt put it pass them...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,936 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

don't they always use dianetics in the beginning though, and only introduce the church after you've done the thethan testing?? i'm basing all of my knowledge of them on south park by the way!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Scientology eats your brain too. Look at Tom Cruise.

i'm basing all of my knowledge of them on south park by the way!!

I think everyone that lives outside of california uses south park as their primary source on sicentology :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

giggsy664 wrote: »
    Hehehe

Dieanetics

Fixed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭MikeC101

Mousey- wrote: »

Just to point out, Hubbard wasn't by any means a "failed" writer in the early part of his career - he was actually quite successful, and critically well received for a lot of his golden age sci fi writing.

His writing just went off the rails after he decided to focus on thetans and scientology, but I don't think it was a case of him turning to scientology because his writing career was gone, it went by the wayside as a result of him decided he'd start up a scam religion.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,936 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

MikeC101 wrote: »
    Just to point out, Hubbard wasn't by any means a "failed" writer in the early part of his career - he was actually quite successful, and critically well received for a lot of his golden age sci fi writing.

His writing just went off the rails after he decided to focus on thetans and scientology, but I don't think it was a case of him turning to scientology because his writing career was gone, it went by the wayside as a result of him decided he'd start up a scam religion.

ya gotta love the tax exemption status!!

Dianetics or Dieanetics

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

Holy ****! 70 Euro. Atleast mass is free.

For a crowd so in tune with the "Modern Science of Mental Health" they don't make an appealing leaflet. It looks ****e.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Read them all (Dianetics, Self Analysis, Science of Survival, etc), utter tosh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭blubloblu

Lol, @gmail.com email address.
    I wonder what the S in "(C) 2009 CSI" stands for?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,932 ✭✭✭The Saint

Ah lads, will ye not leave the diabetics alone. They have their own sugary problems to deal with.

Ruu wrote: »
    Read them all (Dianetics, Self Analysis, Science of Survival, etc), utter tosh.

did you pay?

Always wondered if you could get scientology books in the library and how the scientologists felt about ti?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,124 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

How Hubbard managed to turn scientology into such a massive money making machine when it's fundamental basis is a scifi story about alien dictators and the tortured souls of dead aliens is really incredible! If it wasn't so damaging to people mentally, physically and financially it would be quite impressive......but it's really a money making scam that destroys people.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

BlitzKrieg wrote: »
    did you pay?

Always wondered if you could get scientology books in the library and how the scientologists felt about ti?

Nope, they are in the library and have been for a while (look barely used :))

Ruu wrote: »
    Nope, they are in the library and have been for a while (look barely used :))

wow

I'm surprised they are. I thought the term *free* was non existent to scientologists

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭franklyshocked

pics:

dianetics2.jpg
    dianetics1.jpg

Feel better in 2 days or your money back!
    Lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

wow

I'm surprised they are. I thought the term *free* was non existent to scientologists

Why? The library bought them, they weren't free.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭Kipperhell

I always consider Dianetics like the Buffy the Vampire Slayer movie. Where it didn't do well on its own but was then later reworked as a TV series and then a success.

It is interesting to be around for the early days of a religion none the less. Making a successful cult is a pretty amazing accomplishment. It seems to have helped some people but Tom Cruise seems to be in some trouble now. I can imagine they are not happy at how he has effected their image.

Can't imagine they support him like they once did. If he is actually mentally ill I would think they would be trying to keep it under cover.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

I quickly grabbed one stuffed it my pocket and dumped the rest in the bin.

Why would you do this?

Mossy Monk wrote: »
    Why would you do this?

they looked so bad that I thought it was a message from the building managment, they tend to do the same thing print up basic leaflets reminding people not to do something or pay for something.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭Sofaspud

blubloblu wrote: »
    I wonder what the S in "(C) 2009 CSI" stands for?

Scene.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭espinolman

robbie_998 wrote: »

Well BlitzGrieg is obviously a german , so he wants you to burn scientology books , not allow scientologists children to attend public schools , scientologists denied jobs , denied social welfare . etc .

And he would be quite happy if you killed scientologists and burn down their houses .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭Fuhrer

pics:

dianetics2.jpg
    dianetics1.jpg

Published by CSI?

Wow, they have franchised out very far.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement