Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Carnivorous Diet(Only Meat)

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭--Kaiser--

Not a huge fan of dairy, even if europeans have lactase, there are still a huge amount of dairy intolerant people about, I think it's the second or third most common allergen.

Hate to nitpick (now there's a lie) but intolerance and allergy are not the same thing, milk intolerance is the inability to digest lactose, milk allergy is the individuals auto-immune reaction to milk protein

• Registered Users Posts: 5,114 ✭✭✭corkcomp

--Kaiser-- wrote: »
    Hate to nitpick (now there's a lie) but intolerance and allergy are not the same thing, milk intolerance is the inability to digest lactose, milk allergy is the individuals auto-immune reaction to milk protein

seeing as we are already so far off topic, what the heck :D

even though alergy and intolerance are two different things, dont you think that one should avoid the substance in question in both cases! ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

corkcomp wrote: »
    the reason a lot of kids dont like veg is that they are filled with sweets, coca pops and other crap and vegetables just dont do the same for their taste buds!

so why do they like meat?

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 5,620 ✭✭✭El_Dangeroso

Oh bugger it, ok that was my second last contribution to this thread.:D

Kaiser, yeah I know, it was two separate points. You can only be allergic to a food protein. FWIW I don't think lactose is the issue in the long run besides giving some people a bad tummy. The casein is the one implicated in other auto-immune diseases.

This is compounded by the fact that milk is eaten today, pasturised and unfermented and strictly from A1 cows, which cause the most issue with allergy.

Good raw fermented yoghurt is the best format to consume dairy, lots of enzymes and nutrients.

But I don't get that hung up on dairy, I think generally, you can get 90% of the health benefits from giving up grains, sugar (esp. fructose) and vegetable oils, at least they are the three things provide the most drastic improvement in health markers (cholesterol, CRP, hormone levels) when eliminated.

If you REALLY can't let go of grains, then eat them sprouted, fermented, or in the case of porridge, soaked the oats overnight.

so why do they like meat?

says who? A lot of the ones I know dont like what most poeple would consider meat .. maybe chicken dippers or nuggets or something else, but then thats not my idea of meat!

• Advertisement

corkcomp wrote: »
    says who?

kids

• Registered Users Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭metamorphosis

I think the nutrition and diet forum should get an off topic thread. Most of the threads in the end become utterly useless to the OP and even confuses them more just so a minute number of posters can argue a point with each other. I don't mean to backseat mod but is that not what pm'ing is for?

Anyway - OP, how are you getting on? What are your thoughts of the diet now having read through this thread?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 signal terror

Thanks everyone for your contributions regardless of my agreement.I think a lot of you have good points and my point about vegetables didn't turn out the way i wanted it to and does sound wrong.

However, i would like anyone with points to link it to credited scientific studies or else give logic behind what they say(many of you have).

As for the diet,so far nothing has convinced me that I'm wrong so for the time being ill stick to it.

Its going great so far.Feel amazing and full of energy,rarely hungry and my strength has further increased with more drops in fat levels.I'm treating the first 2 months as an experiment and documenting everything i can think of.

Thanks for all your input,I've been deterred from posting as i want information and opinions,not to turn the thread into an argument.

ULstudent wrote: »
    I think the nutrition and diet forum should get an off topic thread. Most of the threads in the end become utterly useless to the OP and even confuses them more just so a minute number of posters can argue a point with each other. I don't mean to backseat mod but is that not what pm'ing is for?

Anyway - OP, how are you getting on? What are your thoughts of the diet now having read through this thread?

more back seat modding but I agree 100% - an o/t thread would be ideal where people could debate all day long! a bit like the fitness forum one ...

back O/T - OP, if you think you diet is healthy and sustainable then give it a go, but I am nearly certain you will be very sick of it very fast!

Eskimos/Inuits ate a diet mostly of meat&fish, some still do but they eat some of it raw or very rare because alot(not all) of vitamins are destroyed during cooking. If you want to eat raw meat you will need to speak with your local butcher and get very fresh beef thinly sliced, cook on each side for 10seconds. research this more tho

I'd recommend getting a good multivitamin and maybe your blood checked twice a year. cholesterol doesnt effect everyone in the same way, some people have no problem with it. blood fat levels might need to be looked at.

Some people can handle alot of meat, others cant.

• Advertisement
Advertisement