Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limericks Christmas Tree hits the Bridge

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭Paulegend

concussion wrote: »
    I think we should light it and leave it sufficiently close to the bridge that scummers will try to jump onto it but far enough away that they fall into the river and get swept out to into the estuary.

idea of the year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

it has my vote anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

They should decorate it with cans of Carling, packets of Johnny Blue and the latest Nike runners to entice the scum to leap off the bridge towards it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Stinkfist wrote: »
    Limerick City Council have to be the greatest collection of inept uneducated morons ever assembled under one roof. Id like to know if it was our racist xenophobia suffering mayor who decided that we should put a xmas tree that cost the city €50,000 into a river that is about to burst its banks and resembles closely white water rapids as apposed to its normal calm flow. This hilarious act of incompetence has cost the city a fortune.
    Well said. A collection of inept clowns.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

The tree now has a 2012 kinda theme now.
    foinse wrote: »
    nope but close
    Beside him? :3 he looks like the stig lol

[QUOTE=Stinkfist]
    Limerick City Council have to be the greatest collection of inept uneducated morons ever assembled under one roof. Id like to know if it was our racist xenophobia suffering mayor who decided that we should put a xmas tree that cost the city €50,000 into a river that is about to burst its banks and resembles closely white water rapids as apposed to its normal calm flow. This hilarious act of incompetence has cost the city a fortune.
    [/QUOTE]
    I'm weak, it's very true though
    I can't believe that they have that's bigproblems with christmas tree. smile.gif

3 min ago.

http://img442.imageshack.us/img442/2387/spa0497.jpg
    How did you get the photo from so high? it's class

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭concussion

Two Cussen cranes have been working for the morning - the top section has been removed and landed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭Stan the man

I think so too. In my opinion, they want to save the construction, at the risk of human life and health. :( Yesterday it should be cut and towed to shore. At night.

:D

5 min ago ;)

spa0510.jpg

spa0511.jpg

spa0512q.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 woggas

cranes in the limerick sky line again...is the recession over?

^^ Something like that. :D

Second part. 5 min ago.

spa0513d.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭snowman707

well i hope they take it where it should have gone in the first place ..out to Hegharty's

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

I reckon it was a cunning attempt by the Mayor to take out the bridge so as to stop any more foreigners arriving in the city via shannon airport.

• Advertisement

^^ :D:D:D
    Ryanair also canceled flights.:cool:

And I wanted to forgive mayor....... :mad:

:D

The end .. of the story.

spa0526p.jpg

spa0528.jpg

spa0529q.jpg

cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

sdc10125r.th.jpg
    Just an old photo of it

• Registered Users Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭source

Do my eyes deceive me or are they starting to put the bloody thing back together?

98343.jpg

Looking a bit battered in this one.
    98344.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

Sure hope this time they secure it, would not want it toppling over
    and hitting a car should they decide to leave it on dry land.

~B

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I saw a few lads working on it last week as well. Hopefully they will fix the thing, as it's not too shabby to look at when it's lit up properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭concussion

The lights have been checked and the pontoon fixed - seems to me they're going to put it back in the river. To be honest, there's a lot of slack water downstream of the dock. I think that while the strong current certainly hampered efforts to free the tree, they may not have been responsible for it coming loose in the first place (unless it was towed out into the faster water, not too sure on that aspect)

10 min ago. ;)

Matrix Reloaded. :)

spa0598a.jpg

spa0599.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 463 ✭✭Liam79

10 min ago. ;)

Matrix Reloaded. :)

spa0598ho.jpg

spa0599p.jpg

Thats...thats.....my wifes car....but she said she was in Donegal today....??!!! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭cul-2008

its back in the water you'll all be happy to hear, saw it around 3 o clock this afternoon - not looking too bad at all!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

It's looking well this evening. I'll stick a pic up later.

End of story. ;)

dsc00026kopia.jpg

Merry Christmas!

Advertisement