Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fare thee well.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

SharpShooter, please stop deleting and locking my threads.
    I am saying goodbye to a forum that I have moderated for the best part of three years.

This forum menans a lot to me, so I would appeciate if you left this thread alone.

After Hours will always have a place in my heart.
    In saying that, and in the spirit of AH, I hate you all.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Good luck. Your threads and posts have given me some of the biggest laughs I've had during my eight years here.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

Plus one, AH has been crap lately.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭ElaElaElano

For a tiler you're not very good at papering over the cracks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

For a tiler you're not very good at papering over the cracks.
    Some cracks are just too big ;)
    Mine would be one of those

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,561 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Good night sweet prince, you magnificent bastard.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

hate you too big guy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

Thats sad, but on the plus side i dont have to live in fear of seeing another naked picture on you:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,431 ✭✭✭✭Saibh

Senna wrote: »
    Thats sad, but on the plus side i dont have to live in fear of seeing another naked picture on you:D
    You will have dr.bollocko picture to look forward to instead this year:D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

A pity you're off Terry, you gave a lot to Boards (you're dignity included), and I hope you have more fun in the future.

I don't know what caused this, but so long and fare-thee-well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82,254 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

Goodbye you confey bastard....

<3

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

Saibh wrote: »
    You will have dr.bollocko picture to look forward to instead this year:D

Crap, the fear continues:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,985 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Sorry to see you leave the realms of AH Terry, you're a hilarious so and so. It certainly will be that little bit more boring around here.

What's with the chumps who have been having a go at Terry and the posters saying 'See Ya'? I'm sure Terry has a social life, as do most of us. Fact is that when you use the same website daily, the same forum daily you get to know people, the character that they put across online. Sure it may be different from their real life persona but who cares. It's all just a bit of fun and when someone leaves who's been here for years and made the place that little bit better it's nice for them to see that they were appreciated.

Don't know why you lot are bitter but feck off and let us carry on the way we want. It's a good old saying but 'If you don't have anything nice to say, then don't say anything at all'.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

Sorry to see you leave the realms of AH Terry, you're a hilarious so and so. It certainly will be that little bit more boring around here.

What's with the chumps who have been having a go at Terry and the posters saying 'See Ya'? I'm sure Terry as a social life, as do most of us. Fact is that when you use the same website daily, the same forum daily you get to know people, the character that they put across online. Sure it may be different from their real life persona but who cars. It's all just a bit of fun and when someone leaves who's been here for years and made the place that little bit better it's nice for them to see that they were appreciated.

Don't know why you lot are bitter but feck off and let us carry on the way we want. It's a good old saying but 'If you don't have anything nice to say, then don't say anything at all'.
    Its because the other mods deserve more respect than a public attack like this, what a load of bull****, if a regular poster did it they'd be insta-banned. If he has a grievance, take it up elsewhere, sure , he can say his goodbyes, but the digs at mods doing a tough job moderating a board that is in overdrive tonight is pathetic toy-out-of-pram throwing.
    So, while I like Terrys general presence, this sort of **** is not on, and shouldnt be tolerated cos he once got his mickey out at the spire.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Has this happened before or do I have déjà vu?

Best of luck Terry.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭DamienH

**** the begrudgers Terry!

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

zuroph wrote: »
    Its because the other mods deserve more respect than a public attack like this, what a load of bull****, if a regular poster did it they'd be insta-banned. If he has a grievance, take it up elsewhere, sure , he can say his goodbyes, but the digs at mods doing a tough job moderating a board that is in overdrive tonight is pathetic toy-out-of-pram throwing.
    So, while I like Terrys general presence, this sort of **** is not on, and shouldnt be tolerated cos he once got his mickey out at the spire.

And it was going so well up to now.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭TomCo

Terrible shame, Terry is a great AH mod.

Still, hopefully he'll continute to contribute.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

Happy days.

Cya.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭liah

Aw, I'm going to miss Terry's drunken ramblings, truly. My favourite mod. :(

Have fun out there Terry, don't blame you one iota for your decision. Think I'm done with AH for awhile myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Too much bitching.

Thread closed.

You'll find me in the help desk appealing my ban. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭Papad

I think that you are one of best mods on boards. Some of the newer ones spoil the whole concept of AH simply because they do not understand it.

I hope you stick around because if you don't, AH will degenerate into a 'them' versus 'us' forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Borneo Fnctn

Did you ever get to call Michael O' Doherty a dickhead and a ponce to his face?

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Spastafarian

Terry wrote: »
    I'm done.
    Bollocko for mod of the year. Seriously.

Best of luck with the other mods. None of them know what they want or what they're doing in AH.

*Note. I'm excluding Zohan from that. He's new.

I mean, I'm not allowed to do this any more: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055201761

**** that ****.

Enjoy AH. I haven't in a long time.
    Haha, nice blaze of glory!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭brendansmith

AH, understand and respect its might or perish! - William Shakespear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

keyboard cat will be along shortly to play you off. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Good luck Terry, you'll always be a legend here.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

You were a funny AH poster and mod, but was it necessary to take a swipe at the rest of the remaining AH mods?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭RandomRetard

LOL at this being a sticky

so long ya fat bastard

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement