Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nme top 50 albums of the decade

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭markesmith

Strokes at #1? Never really got them, pretty rich kids, thought it was done a lot better in 1977-79 by Television, The Fall, etc etc. White Stripes should be there or thereabouts, and there's much more innovation in Kid A than in the Strokes entire canon.

Libertines as well, a British version of the Strokes. Primal Scream, Xtrmntr is nowhere near as good as Vanishing Point. Agree with a lot of the rest, but a few duds: Interpol, Shins, Sufjan Stevens (very overrated IMO), Think Tank...

MIA, White Stripes, Wilco, Animal Collective/Panda Bear all criminally underrepresented here, but it's good to see that the NME are still slavishly following their trends! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

powerfade wrote: »
    No Kings of Leon is very surprising, 2 unreal albums and 2 very good albums, bringing a fresh sound to the noughties. How its not on the list when you have 2 Streets albums and an MIA album in top 50 is pretty shocking in my opinion...

Just to comment on M.I.A., I don't think Arular is good enough to be in the top 50 but I'm shocked and disappointed that Kala isn't there. Kala definitely deserves to be in the list.

On top of that, no Kings of Leon, no Nick Cave, no Cat Power, no Sigur Ros, no Bat for Lashes, no Breeders (Mountain Battles beats Last Splash imo) - yeah, the list is a bit disappointing. But with 10 years of music and only 50 spots, there's always going to be great albums that miss out.

In Rainbows should be No.1 though!

Advertisement