Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dan Hardy? Spoiler inside, dont open if you dont want result.

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

I really like Hardy and I think people aren't giving him enough credit. I was worried for him coming into this fight because everything said he was out of his depth but he never looked in trouble once. Phenomenal chin should protect him against almost anybody standing outside of Paul Daley in that division while he has ridiculously heavy hands but what impressed me most was his takedown defense. It was immense and I never thought he looked in danger of going to the ground. If he can keep that up against GSP you have got to give someone with that chin and that right hand a chance

• Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Bubs101 wrote: »
    I really like Hardy and I think people aren't giving him enough credit. I was worried for him coming into this fight because everything said he was out of his depth but he never looked in trouble once. Phenomenal chin should protect him against almost anybody standing outside of Paul Daley in that division while he has ridiculously heavy hands but what impressed me most was his takedown defense. It was immense and I never thought he looked in danger of going to the ground. If he can keep that up against GSP you have got to give someone with that chin and that right hand a chance

Yeah, 98 times out of 100 i think GSP would destroy him, i'm thinking that it all depends on what GSP enters the cage. If it's the same one that beat BJ then no chance, if it's the Serra GSP then Hardy may, just may, take it. Still going for GSP though, even though i don't like some of his nut hugging fans

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭ginoginelli

Agreed. Hardy is actually a much better fighter than I previously thought. Swick is tough as nails, and i picked him to run right through hardy, but hardy really impressed me with his strikes and strong clinch work. Eddie bravo has been raving about his jits for years and actaully picked him to be the one to dethrone gsp.

Hes a character too, and the ufc loves its characters.

Advertisement