Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lesnar MMA Career in Doubt

Options
2»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

irishultra wrote: »
    would he be able to wrestle again?

mickey-rourke-the-wrestler-roh.jpg

"Nobody" knows what he has. But once again TNA Wrestling would likely put his dialysis on a pole for him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭irishultra

perhaps brocks heart is not in mma. i think he belongs in the 6 sided ring if im honest ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,148 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

The mystery illness plaguing UFC heavyweight champion Brock Lesnar now has a name.

UFC president Dana White today told the Associated Press that Lesnar is currently suffering from a bacterial infection in his intestinal track in addition to the mononucleosis that has recently plagued him

White shared with a small group of reporters at this past Saturday's post-UFC 105 press conference that Lesnar would be out indefinitely due to the issues.

"I'm actually probably going to fly to go see him, and we're going to probably have to do some stuff to take care of this guy," White said on Saturday. "He is not well, and he's not getting any better."

Despite the new diagnosis, White told the Associated Press he was still encouraging Lesnar to seek further treatment at the Mayo Clinic in Minnesota.

Lesnar had been expected to meet challenger Shane Carwin at Saturday's UFC 106 event, but the illness forced the UFC to reschedule the contest for Jan. 2. That date has also since been scrapped.

On Saturday, White refused to speculate on whether the condition could potentially be career-ending. Today's report also did little to clear the air.

"It depends on how serious this is," White said.

UFC president Dana White was unavailable for comment when contacted by MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com).

http://mmajunkie.com/news/16874/report-ufc-champ-brock-lesnar-suffering-bacterial-infection-in-intestines.mma

• Registered Users Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭Tim_Murphy

cowzerp wrote: »
    For those who reported this, Mark did not say Brock does steroids, he said that House would think it was steroids, it was a tongue in cheek joke..

But I only thanked him because I thought he was fighter bashing. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

Tim_Murphy wrote: »
    But I only thanked him because I thought he was fighter bashing. :confused:

Sorry about that Tim!

we all know that Mark is a massive Brock fan and would never claim that brock ever done steroids, anyone with sense would no that Brock never done them, he just eats lots of steak!

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 UCDEamon

Brockwatch: Lesnar in Stable Condition, Will Leave Hospital Soon

BISMARCK, N.D. — UFC President Dana White said Monday that heavyweight champion Brock Lesnar is recovering from a bacterial infection in his intestinal tract. "He's in stable condition and should be released soon," UFC President Dana White said.

Asked if Lesnar was in a Bismarck hospital, White said, "I think he is," but did not want to say which hospital because he wanted to protect Lesnar's privacy.

White said he is encouraging Lesnar to check into the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minn., for further treatment. He also said he did not know if the 32-year-old South Dakota native will fight again. "It depends on how serious this is," White said...

White said Monday that Lesnar wanted to thank his fans for support. But he said it's tough to tell how 6-foot-3, 265-pound Lesnar is feeling. "He's never in good spirits and he's not in good spirits now," White said.*

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

I dont think he is retiring lads

Brocks camp released this, cool production it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Niall0

Apparantly Brock has been only fighting at 60% for over a year! :eek:

Advertisement