Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lesnar MMA Career in Doubt

Options
  • 15-11-2009 1:44am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭

Breaking news from www.f4wonline.com
    Brock Lesnar is in extremely bad shape and there are questions as to whether he will ever fight again.

Lesnar, 32, is in far worse shape than he has been letting on. He went to Canada last week to try to get some rest, collapsed, and was rushed to the hospital. He has mono and also something else that he doesn't want to get out, and all we now is that he does not have cancer and he does not have AIDS. It is, however, extremely serious and he will not be fighting again for a long, long time, if he is able to fight again.

Dana White is heading to Minnesota tonight and will be working to get Lesnar to the Mayo Clinic or equivalent medical facility for treatment.

:eek:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭chordtype

Shock. Hope he's ok.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Crap.Thats very very bad :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Never know, could be totally fine in a few months time. Fingers crossed for him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

amacachi wrote: »
    Never know, could be totally fine in a few months time. Fingers crossed for him.

I suppose it all depends what this "something else" that he has turns out to be. As you say could be something that clears up in a few months, hopefully or else something really serious and long term.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭SuperWoody101

UFC heavyweight champion Brock Lesnar has already re-scheduled his bout with Shane Carwin twice. Now it appears to be off indefinitely.

At Saturday night’s UFC 105 post-event press conference, UFC president Dana White said the mononucleosis that had been bothering Lesnar is still present, but the champ is now suffering a new set of illnesses, as well.

“I am worried about it,” White said. “I can’t really talk about it right now, but [Lesnar] is in rough shape. He’s in really bad shape.

“I’m actually probably going to fly to go see him, and we’re going to probably have to do some stuff to take care of this guy. He is not well, and he’s not getting any better.”

White said he wasn’t sure how serious the new illnesses were and whether they could be career- or even life-threatening.

“I don’t know,” White told MMAjunkie.com. “I’ve got to get him to one of these really good hospitals with really good doctors to figure out what’s wrong and how we get him better.”

White said Lesnar collapsed while spending time on a retreat in Canada and was checked into a hospital.

“[Lesnar] is in bad shape, and the reality is they don’t really know all that’s wrong with him,” White said. “He owns a bunch of property in Canada. He went up to Canada just to get away from his house, to go up there and just kind of chill out up there.

“He [expletive] dropped. He went down, and he had to go to the hospital. They ran every test on the planet on him, and they ended up finding out something else was wrong with him.”

White said he’s not yet sure what the UFC will do regarding the heavyweight division with its champion on the shelf for an indeterminable amount of time.

“If it’s a long wait, we’re gong to have to do something,” White said. “We’re going to have to – the last thing I ever want to do is strip a guy who won a title. That’s the last thing I want to do. I don’t know if we’ll have to do an interim or what we’ll do to fix it.”

White said there’s still more questions than answers surrounding his heavyweight champion, but one thing was certain: Lesnar will be on the shelf for the foreseeable future.

“He is not good,” White said. “He is very, very sick, and he’s going to be out for a while.

“He doesn’t want to talk about it publicly, but he’s in bad shape. He’s not well. He’s not going to be getting well anytime soon.

http://mmajunkie.com/news/16856/dana-white-brock-lesnar-is-not-going-to-be-getting-well-anytime-soon.mma

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,980 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

A big, big shame.

Hope he makes a full recovery and we see him back in the octagon in late 2010 or early 2011, heavyweight champ or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,399 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Hope makes a full recovery

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Same week as this was announced:
    http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055736989

He is ducking Fedor, lads.

Seriously this sucks. Hoping for a fully recovery and a return to the ring.

If not TNA Wrestling will hire him he doesnt even have to pass a medical. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

I hope what ever it isn't as serious as what that sounds. Hope he gets well soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭irishultra

brock should quit mma and join tna.

• Advertisement

Nothing new on yesterday's major UFC news. Brock Lesnar is out indefinitely with mono and another illness that he doesn't want out. Two things to note to ease some fears: One, whatever he has is not said to be life-threatening, although there is a possibility it could be career-threatening, or at least derail him for a long, long time. And second, whatever he has besides mono may not be as bad as people are speculating, because although he doesn't want it out what he has, he also didn't want it out that he had mono. In fact, he'd have preferred Dana never said anything about him being sick at all, but Dana I guess felt it was important to be honest with the fans about what was going on. We'll have more tonight.

www.f4wonline.com

irishultra wrote: »
    brock should quit mma and join tna.

LOUL.

I'll swap you a fiver for a hundred euro?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 UCDEamon

chordtype wrote: »
    Shock. Hope he's ok.:(

He's not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,443 ✭✭✭Red Sleeping Beauty

http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Glandular-fever/Pages/Introduction.aspx

The symptoms of glandular fever usually begin between four and seven weeks after a person contracts the initial infection, although symptoms may appear earlier in younger children.

Symptoms of glandular fever include:

* sore throat,
    * fever with a temperature of, or above, 37.5°C (99.5°F),
    * swollen lymph nodes, particularly the glands in the neck or the armpit,
    * fatigue,
    * weakness,
    * swollen tonsils,
    * headache,
    * loss of appetite,
    * swollen spleen, and
    * skin rash.

The symptoms of a sore throat and fever should improve over the course of two weeks. Symptoms of fatigue and swollen lymph nodes may persist for longer, and can occasionally last for several months.

Hardly life threatening is it :confused: ? Unless there's complications

Wonder what else is wrong with him though.

Alan Rouge wrote: »
    Hardly life threatening is it :confused: ?

It f*cks you up though and means theres no way he'd be able to function normally nevermind do the training necessary to compete in MMA at the highest level.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭mark.leonard

I can see an open shut here, bring him to see Gregory House M.D. the dialogue between them would be awesome
    House - "Its steroids, send him home and tell him small people can fight too."
    Foreman - "He says he doesn't take steroids"
    House - "...."
    Foreman - "I'll run the tests again"

Sure some of his systems would fail and he would code at least twice, but by the end of the episode he would be back fighting fit.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

If Brock is it out for such a lobg time, the already "weak" heavyweight division will suffer. Hope hes back asap but as for now, Id say interim title match should be on the card if Brock is going to be out for so long.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 big_poppa

hope he recovers soon yeah not many decent big lads in ufc theses days

• Registered Users Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

I can see an open shut here, bring him to see Gregory House M.D. the dialogue between them would be awesome
    House - "...."

Sure some of his systems would fail and he would code at least twice, but by the end of the episode he would be back fighting fit.

For those who reported this, Mark did not say Brock does steroids, he said that House would think it was steroids, it was a tongue in cheek joke..

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Jason Mc

While I think he got his shot at the title far too quick I sort of warmed to the big guy and thought he would have been a tough opponent for anyone including Fedor

One thing sprung to mind when I saw the reports and mark touched on it

• Advertisement

Jason Mc wrote: »
    One thing sprung to mind when I saw the reports and mark touched on it

There are rumours from insiders that it is a liver related condition from Brock allegedly using steroids during his Pro Wrestling while TMZ of all sites is reporting it is "intestinal disorder": http://www.tmz.com/#ixzz0X2qSOtJf . But I feel it is kind of a double standard with Pro Wrestlers and former Pride Fighters even though both groups of people contested in environments that weren’t drug tested. I just think if that joke was about a former PRIDE star it would be as tolerated as that joke was. Im not having a go at mark.leonard or the mods just wondering what is the difference is?

Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

rovert wrote: »
    There are rumours from insiders that it is a liver related condition from Brock allegedly using steroids during his Pro Wrestling while TMZ of all sites is reporting it is "intestinal disorder": http://www.tmz.com/#ixzz0X2qSOtJf . But I feel it is kind of a double standard with Pro Wrestlers and former Pride Fighters even though both groups of people contested in environments that weren’t drug tested. I just think if that joke was about a former PRIDE star it would be as tolerated as that joke was. Im not having a go at mark.leonard or the mods just wondering what is the difference is?

Cheers

He would only have liver problems if he was taking steroids in pill form (rather than injecting). With all the information available on how to safely use steroids, I think it is highly unlikely he would be dumb enough to go with the pill format...

But you never know!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭RugbyFanatic

If Lesnar's liver was failing due to steroids then it would happen whilst he was on them not after as the steroids would be completely out of his system at this stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭RugbyFanatic

As an aside here he is just over 2 weeks ago

AARRRGH wrote: »
    He would only have liver problems if he was taking steroids in pill form

Not true

It is more likely and more en vogue to use Human Growth Hormone (which does affect the liver and users use insulin in conjunction.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

rovert wrote: »
    Not true

It is more likely and more en vogue to use Human Growth Hormone (which does affect the liver and users use insulin in conjunction.)

HGH isn't a steroid.

Injecting steroids does not **** up your liver. If you can find me a medical study (not an opinion piece) which shows I am wrong I will happily apologise.

AARRRGH wrote: »
    HGH isn't a steroid.

I know but people often dont seperate the two and use steriods as an umbrella term for both steriods and HGH.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,764 ✭✭✭DeadParrot

House - "...."

lupus obviously

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭[-0-]

Just saw this on TMZ. He has mono and some intestinal disorder. Will more than likely never fight again. :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭irishultra

would he be able to wrestle again?

Advertisement