Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*UFC 105* Will contain **Spoilers** Live fight chat

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭RealJohn

Devastator wrote: »
    How hard is Swick's head? How did he not collaspe last night? Good preformance from Hardy but would have liked to see him push on and try to finish it, he had plenty of opportunities with Swick's legs looking like an Elvis tribute act :D
    I was thinking this about Hardy to be honest. We know Swick has power but for pretty much the entire last round (and quite a bit of the second) Hardy seemed to have the attitude "I don't care if you hit me, you can't hurt me".

I'm not sure I'd go so far as to say Vera was robbed but I definitely think it was a worse decision than Machida against Shogun. Vera came close to finishing the fight in the second (I still don't understand why fighters don't stand back when they rock their opponent's hard and let them back up, rather than get tangled up in their opponent's guard and often resulting in their opponents hanging on and recovering, especially in circumstances like Vera hurting Randy badly with the body shot. A head shot you might shake off but a body shot like that lasts) and he got the takedown in the last round which I thought would have been enough to give him that round.

To be fair, Randy was on top in the clinch for most of the fight but while he was in a better position and doing damage for more of the fight, I don't think he was dominating enough to justify being given the last round given that Vera won the non-clinch striking and got a takedown. I can see why the judges would give it to him but I don't agree with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭Killme00

Ross Pearson was the star of the show for me. Clinical performance to say the least.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭RealJohn

He was very impressive, no question about it.

Advertisement