Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*UFC 105* Will contain **Spoilers** Live fight chat

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭mmafan81

+1 thoroughly enjoying it

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭ucd.1985

Any stream links anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭pablohoney87

Thought that shoulda went to vera

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

LOL!

another shocking decision.

Cedric Peoples in England?

• Registered Users Posts: 49 ceauke

"If you want to be the man, you've got to beat the man"

Still don't know which way it would have gone for 5 rounds.

Vera is dangerous!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,830 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Vera was robbed.

ShaneU wrote: »
    Vera was robbed.
    Are you talking about the hat or the match?
    Would like to hear what Dana says. I'm sure he's not happy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭chordtype

Not sure about that decision. Press conference should be fun.

I thought Vera won that to be honest.

Compared to Shogun and Machida, this decision wasn't so bad.

• Advertisement

is joe rogan not supposed to be unbiased in his commentary and interviews.i know it was a controversial decision as was the machida-shogun fight but imo he totally disrespected machida and randy.

i mean its not their fault the judges gave a 'bad' decision.totally unprofessional of rogan imo,getting sick of him quick

• Registered Users Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭pablohoney87

chordtype wrote: »
    Winner didn't really need to throw those extra puches did he?:(

Just saw it there. Cant blame winner though. Ref was way too far away and slow to react.

chordtype wrote: »
    Not sure about that decision. Press conference should be fun.
    Where do you follow the press conference?

ceauke wrote: »
    Where do you follow the press conference?

http://video.ufc.com/

Should be up here after a while.

It wasn't as bad as the Shogun farce but mainly because it was far less eventful. All of the big action went Vera's way and the clinch consisted of Randy not being able to take Vera down, hence why i think vera won the fight

• Registered Users Posts: 14,390 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

29-28 Vera imo :(

snoozefest of a main event..105 as a whole though was great!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,390 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

mmafan81 wrote: »
    is joe rogan not supposed to be unbiased in his commentary and interviews.i know it was a controversial decision as was the machida-shogun fight but imo he totally disrespected machida and randy.

i mean its not their fault the judges gave a 'bad' decision.totally unprofessional of rogan imo,getting sick of him quick

In all fairness, his favourite fighter is Randy Couture, and has stated this many times..He just wanted to voice his opinion on the decision

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Niall0

Had a tenner on bisping so that was a pretty awesome fight considering the early knock down.

Probably would have just about given the main event to vera.

Overall a decent event, some decent fights.

• Registered Users Posts: 942 ✭✭✭Bodhidharma

The main event wasn't great. I felt Couture won the fight, Vera hit him with a few good kicks and almost stopped it, but for the majority Randy was in control.

Bisping fight was entertaining, and Matt Brown looked good again.

Overall I'd give this event 6.5/10

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭Turbo_diesel

Really enjoyed last nights event was suprised how impressive the english fighters looked.Andre Winners standup looked very impressive & that was a quality knockout.Really suprised how good Bisping looked thought he was fooked after he got knocked to the ground by the right hand of Kang.Hats off to him most impressive win over a decent opponent really thought Bisping was well over rated. Pearson looked very impressive as well.Good win for Hardy thought Swick would knock him out but really dont see Hardy beating GSP. I suppose he has a punchers chance but think GSP is class above anything in the division at the minute.Not really fair Hardy getting a title shot after only four fights. Reckon Anthony Johnson could be the best opponent to test GSP down the line.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭siochain

Impressed with Bisbing for coming back from the knock down, Hardy done well and I can see him getting a lot better with more experience but he’s way off the mark to face JSP next.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

Really enjoyed last night's event, watched it instead of the football and darts.

Pearson's a tough character, he could do veery well for himself if he keeps up the relentless pressure in fights. Brown looked good against a good opponent in Wilks, but wilks looked exhausted.

I really don't understand why people are saying how impressed they were with Bisping....did nobody see how easily he got arm barred by a 5/6 year old last night? :P

How hard is Swick's head? How did he not collaspe last night? Good preformance from Hardy but would have liked to see him push on and try to finish it, he had plenty of opportunities with Swick's legs looking like an Elvis tribute act :D

Main event - Vera was robbed! Disappointing end to the night. Couture just tried to push him up against the fence, couldn't take him down and didnt look to do too much damage throughout. Whereas Vera caught Randy with some good shots throughout the fight, got takedown and mount at very end.

callaway92 wrote: »
    In all fairness, his favourite fighter is Randy Couture, and has stated this many times..He just wanted to voice his opinion on the decision

He has a twitter account for that,hes being paid to conduct interviews post fight and to ask the fighters what they thought.

I never said randy wasnt his favourite fighter,i said i thought he disrespected him in the interview and what about the machida interview,that was a total disgrace imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

He has a twitter account for that,hes being paid to conduct interviews post fight and to ask the fighters what they thought.

I never said randy wasnt his favourite fighter,i said i thought he disrespected him in the interview and what about the machida interview,that was a total disgrace imo.

I thought he was asking what I'd imagine most were thinking at the time. I saw no disrespect at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

He's being paid to be their colour commentator,pundit and interviewer.He's perfectly entitled to voice his opinion.The only difference is he gets to actually ask the fighters about it instead of being someone sitting far away in a studio saying it.If the UFC had a seperate analysis to discuss these things then Id agree with you but they dont and they dont need one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭dunkamania

Most impressed with Pearson, big improvement in his standup

Would have given the fight to Vera, but wouldnt go so far as to say he was robbed.

More disappointed with Kang, than impressed with Bisping.

Andre Winner got a tailor made opponent for his debut

Not sold on Hardy, I cant help but think hes the loser, because now he has to fight GSP

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,193 ✭✭✭Turd Ferguson

I felt Couture won the fight

So not hitting Vera with any solid shots, taking alot of damage from kicks and getting knocked down by one, getting taken down by Vera (only takedown of the fight) and getting mounted constitutes a win these days? Awesome, I think I'd kick ass if I fought. The only thing Randy did was hold him against the cage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Jason Mc

Two very poor decisions in a row is not helping the UFC

Starting to look like a crooked org with champs that get steam roaded to the front of queue and piss poor decisions like this

Randy looked spent IMO, not the same caliber he was when he dispatched Chuck and Tito.

Not a big fan of the guy after all his mouthing but Bisping seriously impressed me off his back. Thought when it hit the ground Kang was gonna go through him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭Tones69

Great night for the brits!! As usual terry etim impressed and so did Dan hardy i must say!! I was more disappointed with Denis Kang than impressed with Bisping but cant take anything from him either. Vera/Randy could have went either way but i knew theyd give it to randy, he controlled Vera a lot against the fence

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36 mmaniac

I was most impressed with John Hathaway how he dominated Paul Taylor on the ground really good. The atmosphere was great especially during the Bisping fight. Dissapointed with Denis Kang. Hardy doesnt deserve a title shot but i cant wait to see GSP take him apart.

Advertisement