Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards comedy gig in aid of SSF - December 5th @ Cassidy's Bar, Westmoreland St.

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Ok guys now its your turn, what did you think of the comedians themselves, some brand new, some at it a while, both would appreciate some constructive critisism....and in the interest of fairness i wont give you boards names here so it can be somewhat unbiased, the running order went as follows:

MC rory O'Hanlon

JP Markey - Guy in Shorts with the big forhead
    Hamlet Sweeney - *flicks collers up* one liner who went (slightly) over time
    Allison Spittle - The little woman who packs a comedic punch
    Paul C - (sorry man i forget your last name again)
    Gareth Stack - Filthy mo'fo! Doesn't like an old c*nt
    Damon Blake - from australia even though he doesnt sound like it
    Graham Duffy - Ugly f*cker who wants to be a rockstar
    Tom Murphy - 2nd ever gig....dislikes facebook, likes downloading .......oh ye and is the boss!

Abie Philbin Bowman - Headliner (nuff said)

so come on folks...what did you think?

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Wanted to come back and say thanks for another mad night and for a bunch of cash which has already found a good home (Rehab Care).

I felt much much much more relaxed doing the gig and felt happier with my material then last year. I still feel intimidated by the idea of taking a step outside the pleasant confines of the Boards/SSF/Fundraiser etc.... who knows, maybe I will this year. :)

Thanks again to everyone who helped, everyone who came and of course everyone who dontated!!

DeV.

DeVore wrote: »
    Wanted to come back and say thanks for another mad night and for a bunch of cash which has already found a good home (Rehab Care).

I felt much much much more relaxed doing the gig and felt happier with my material then last year. I still feel intimidated by the idea of taking a step outside the pleasant confines of the Boards/SSF/Fundraiser etc.... who knows, maybe I will this year. :)

Thanks again to everyone who helped, everyone who came and of course everyone who dontated!!

DeV.

ill be honest man when you arrived i thought you were gonna give yourself a blood clot with how nervous you were but my god that all dissapeared when you got on stage! seemed just natural!

was a brilliant night and i already have BIG plans for next year! i think ill take the mantle much earlier coz towards the end i lost a decent amount of hair from things going wrong! all worth it though!

update on mixtape: the gig is in its final editing stages at the moment!! :D

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I'm like that all the time with stuff like presentations, acting etc... I am wired to the moon before I go on and the moment I go on... I'm completely comfortable... I find humour harder because

a. Its very personal for me, i'm not playing a role up there I'm trying to make people laugh and if they dont like my set, they kinda dont like me.

b. Humour and the requirement to make people laugh are not generally requirements or expectations in acting or business presentations... welcome, yes, but certainly not something the crowd expects!

I was much calmer this time on stage then last year and enjoyed it more!

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12 homer2001

Hi guys,

Latest from Mixtape. Full podcast going up today at 3pm. So check out http://www.mixtape.ie/ after 3.

-Paul

homer2001 wrote: »
    Hi guys,

Latest from Mixtape. Full podcast going up today at 3pm. So check out http://www.mixtape.ie/ after 3.

-Paul

woo hoo! delighted, cheers dude!

edit: the gig is up folks, head over to www.mixtape.ie now!!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Alright they forgot to put my name in the opening and closing credits.
    And only showed a tiny piece from the start of my set.

I'm so proud!

Galvasean wrote: »
    Alright they forgot to put my name in the opening and closing credits.
    And only showed a tiny piece from the start of my set.

I'm so proud!

yeah its unfortunate they cut everyone short, i wanted to see the end of my set as i had some new stuff i wanted to re watch and judge! I think Allison got more of the short end of the stick than you did though! (although the lack of your name is a bit bad)

think having it over more than one episode would have suited people more!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭congo_90

stupid laptop cannot display the vid :( it doesn't have the power! :(
    I'll take your word on it that it was good. Sure.. I was there! Roll on this years!

• Advertisement
Advertisement