Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's currently driving you mad game wise.....

Options
2»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 122 ✭✭The Aviator

Far cry 2 campaign has to be the most annoying game ever. The game is a nightmare! To get to point a to point b you have to go through hell every time With constant re spawning enemies at guard posts! They will always try to hunt you down if you go full speed through the guard posts! It will take at least 30 hours game play to get through the story. also theres a bug that prevents you from doing story missions for a good while. The headquarters doors become shut, and you can only wait for them to open again after another 10 - 15 hours gameplay.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

Getting all the medals in combat challenges in Arkham Asylum. I always end up button mashing when I get a really good combo.

Am also annoyed about lack of hat drop in TF2 and having to level up my squad in Pokémon Platinum in order to get any further. Can't seem to play Red Alert 3 online without being annihilated by the time I get anything worthwhile. :(

Also wanted to have a go at Counter Strike but it's impossible to find decent servers.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Tekken 6 boss. Ive vowed never to play the game again, thank god MW2 came out

• Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭Pdfile

kaido racer II, best racing game ever... pity i only ever play it when im locked....

mountain roads + 8 cans of bulmers + some vodka/jd = WHO THE F*** PUT A BARRIER THEIR...

Wait...

Nvm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭0ubliette

A Doozer wrote: »
    Cool. With all the dlc how many points is it to complete halo 3 now? Left it at 750ish before all the new maps came out.

Skulls for easy points!!!!

I think its 1700 points now. I had 1000/1000 before DLC, so ive been going mental since getting the mythic disc with ODST to get it back to 100%

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,004 ✭✭✭Wossack

dead space controls being absolutely DIRE on the pc - keep reading how brilliant it is, but only got about 10 mins in before quitting in frustration... QC eat your heart out

might try it again with vsync disabled, as Ive read that helps somewhat, but dunno...!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭elekid

Scribblenauts and Rhythm Paradise - Two great games almost spoiled by dodgy touch screen controls. I wish they both had an option to use the d-pad and face buttons instead, plus some of the songs in Rhythm Paradise are a bit crap and way too long.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Pdfile wrote: »
    kaido racer II, best racing game ever... pity i only ever play it when im locked....

mountain roads + 8 cans of bulmers + some vodka/jd = WHO THE F*** PUT A BARRIER THEIR...

Wait...

Nvm.
    Realistic simulator then?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭Pdfile

Realistic simulator then?

you try corning at 214 mph in a game thats more realistic then gt4 and forza 2 and you get to race the japanese mountains...

last boss is a proper cnut as you race him on a dirty mountain road but theirs no dirt tires so no matter what car you lose, unless you spin him out its nearly impossible, name with a wheel instead of a game pad.

tried with all the rally cars, pug 205, even a subaru impreza/mitz evo cant catch him !

1000ps skyline FTW ( providing the tires dont over heat within the first 30 seconds )

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

L31mr0d wrote: »
    Having to press "X" every time someone in a cutscene in Valkyria Chronicles finishes a sentence... just play the freaking conversation already!!! I swear they only put that requirement in to make sure I didn't fall asleep during them, which has nearly happened on occasion: "Oh how interesting, he's going to segue right from a conversation about his uniform lapels straight into a conversation on the local fauna and foliage"

I'll raise you one, having to wait for the computer to take its turn in Valkyria Chronicles is like watching paint dry. I wish there was a way to speed it up so it wasnt so boring, i want to finish the game but my god the waiting is such a struggle.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Wossack wrote: »
    dead space controls being absolutely DIRE on the pc - keep reading how brilliant it is, but only got about 10 mins in before quitting in frustration... QC eat your heart out

might try it again with vsync disabled, as Ive read that helps somewhat, but dunno...!

You need a controller for it. I used a xbox 360 wired controller and it felt like the PC game was designed for it rather then keyboard and mouse.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

Calhoun wrote: »
    I'll raise you one, having to wait for the computer to take its turn in Valkyria Chronicles is like watching paint dry. I wish there was a way to speed it up so it wasnt so boring, i want to finish the game but my god the waiting is such a struggle.

I don't really want to get into the myriad of issues I have with this game. The inability to skip watching the AI's turn is just one of them. I wouldn't actually mind if there was some kind of intelligence to the AI that required keeping an eye on it's movements, but, for the majority, the AI is atrocious and moves to a pre-set pattern determined for that level.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

L31mr0d wrote: »
    I don't really want to get into the myriad of issues I have with this game. The inability to skip watching the AI's turn is just one of them. I wouldn't actually mind if there was some kind of intelligence to the AI that required keeping an eye on it's movements, but, for the majority, the AI is atrocious and moves to a pre-set pattern determined for that level.

LoL tell me about it, i know the pain all to well. Its like take your turn and then go make a cup of tea and come back 5 mins later.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

Asmodean wrote: »
    The goddamn 3 knife kills in a row just won't unlock for me on MW1. Annoying!

If you've used cheats then you can't get any more achievments. If you haven't used cheats then be aware you need to do it in a certain amount of time.
    It's really easy actually. Not a spoiler but I'll tag it.
    Play the first mission on the boat and as soon as you're inside run down the stairs. If I remember correctly there's a drunk guard and a couple of guys sleeping in their beds. Knifey knifey.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭James Howlett

Uh, mine's a bit stupid, but my absolutely massive backlog of games to play is driving me mad atm. I expect no sympathy.

I feel your pain.

Assassins Creed 1, Bioshock, Quantum of Solace... Fallout 3...

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭WheresMyCamera?

I feel your pain.

Assassins Creed 1, Bioshock, Quantum of Solace... Fallout 3...

Right there with the pair of ya! In other news though, finally on the last achievement on COD 4, the mile high one.
    Lets see how long this one takes :o

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

What is annoying me most at the moment is that fact that the refs in Pro Evo 2010 are not doing their job. They hardly ever give me a free kick and I've yet to have a penalty when there have been plenty of blatant fouls in and out of the box.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Terminator: Salvation. Simply because it is the biggest pile of **** I have played in ages.
    0ubliette wrote: »
    The fact that more people will **** all over MW2 than Bad Company 2, even tho it will **** all over MW2 in almsot every respect.

+1

Advertisement